poidrehernewbie
5 posts
Location: Ljuben Karavelov str., 5, Sofia, Bulgaria, Eastern...

Posted:
hi to all
could you help me because i want to make my own fire poi without buying me any kevlars but i don`t know how. plss i need an advice (I spin from about 7 months). For me it`s a little bit easier to write in german so if among there is someone who can teach me and speaks german it`s all right:))

There are many `genii` to make things complicated but a rarity is the real genius, who makes them simple.
A. Einstein

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
try useing towel or denim instead of kevlar. this site has good instructions on making several different types of wicks. kevlar is a lot more durable than just about anything else you can find, but towel and denim certainly do the job if you don't mind replacing them periodically

ps. the mods are going to yell at you because of the swearing in your signature, you might want to change it

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

poidrehernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
thanks!! I`ve just changed my signature. I was wondering before whether this forum is controlled for swearing

There are many `genii` to make things complicated but a rarity is the real genius, who makes them simple.
A. Einstein

poidrehernewbie
5 posts

Posted:
do you know a sit where it is written, how exactly to hold the denim on the chains, wat kind of chains and what kind of fuel do i have to use??

A. Einstein

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
most of what you need to know should be under articles, up at the top.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Go here:
https://www.firechains.com
And click the link that says "Construction Guide" At the bottom of that page, there are instructions on how to make towel wicks complete with illustrations.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me