Page:
i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I need something good to read that has pictures because reading regular books has all the fun sapped out of it by overloaded school time. I've had the SIN series and Sandman series recomended to me by friends, and I'd kinda like some other suggestions for good graphic novels / "comic books" out there.

So... anyone read anything good lately?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cole smile

I've emailed midtown comics so hopefully they will be able to get samurai sloth for me biggrin thanks for the link

The spookyland website is no where near as good as it used to be, its gone all wierd!

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I've been reading some warren ellis recently
transmetroplotian is genius and really funny
he's also writing the current story arc in Ultimate Fantastic Four which is actually really good, nice artwork and it's cheeky without being cute
my favourite alan Mooreis TOP TEN to this day one of the funniest books that I've read.
Anything by COM.X I think they're actually not making anything else,

Bazooka jules is brilliant although it has yet to be finished and is the cause of much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Class War is really good and puncture is pretty weird but the art is great

Viva UGLY STAFF

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yeah man - puncture was wicked!

seriously f*cked up crazy mutant bloodline saviour/reaper kind of deal - with added spikes smile

'to hell' is still my favourite alan moore book - its far and away the best account/theory of the ripper to be found anywhere.

and star, apologies for getting all fanboy on you but i'm going to anyway... wink

you are of course right that vasquez created zim but he didn't write every single episode...

roman dirge wrote the zim episode called 'the wettening' - johen vasquez actually appears in the episode but only so roman can kill him off by having him choke on a goldfish biggrin

cole. x

p.s. if anyone recognises my avatar and wants more burton-esque humour, then you should search out dirge's "the cat with a really big head" - classic black humour that could easily have been an extended tale from 'oyster boy' ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: