Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I figured there should be a thread where those of us who travel can let other people know more or less where we will be.

Sound good?

Raphael

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Not a bad idea but wouldnt it be easies for those of you who travel to mail people from an internet café or something?

Although thinking about it, it would be quite nice to see a map of the world with little dots on it and when you click on the dot it tell you who it is, where they are, where they've been, where they're going and when they're getting home, stuff like that

whats up with all the limitations?

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Of course a 'net cafe would be a good way to keep in touch while travelling, I was thinking more in terms of setting up meeting places or just letting people know where you will be BEFORE to travel and keeping all that information on the same thread.

A graphic map display would be cool, but I don't have the computer skills to make that happen.

Raph

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Ahh, I'm with ya now son!!!

A graphic map would be more than cool and I'm sure someone out there could do it for us, COULDN'T YOU!!?

whats up with all the limitations?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I love your idea ... and yet know that it won't probably work as a thread

When you're travelling around like that french frog whose name you all know will be doing soon, you can't really dig up a long lost thread and will rather post a new one with name of the next country / city you're in which gives you more chances to attract the attention of the locals

I loved the idea that NYC had about the world ressource thread for travellers and sure hope that malcolm has not given up on it yet ... need to bump that one up by the way

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"