spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
okay. there was a thread on this board a month or so ago discussing glow stick/liquid/glowstringing and now i can do it a little. I have found people in my school that can do it and that is really the best way to learn. However, i cant find anywhere to buy them. I know they are available online, but i dont really trust must online stores.(fortunatley, i just had a good feeling about this site and my comet poi were delivered safe and sound) So my question is...those of you that do buy glowsticks online..What is a good, cheap, reliable site?(preferably based somewhere in the united states, but anything will do. hoping to keep shipping costs down.)

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
and part store such as pary warehouse and what not wil usually have them, but not always everycolor. spencors gifts will always have them and in everycolor, but for about a dolar more than what u should pay(ps this is for omni glow, glowsticks)also try https://www.extremeglow.com/glow_sticks.htm
i dont knwo how reliable they are but i do know u can get individually wraped stix for cheap. to things that rarely go together.

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
ive also heard about www.extremeglow.com but i havent ordered from them yet because i still have like 20 glowsticks to use up. the individually wrapped feature is very nice, which prompts me to order from them in the future, and it seems like a good quality company with quality products. another site, not recommended by me, is www.e-glowbiz.com which is sightly cheaper but not as high quality. the sticks arent individually wrapped and the lowest number of any 1 color of stick you can buy is 10. (6 inch sticks) but you can check out both sites just to see what each company is like. buying online is usually cheaper than in stores.Glowsticking is finally back on this site! go glowsticks! yah!Hapes-Nova, glowstick consumer[This message has been edited by Hapes-Nova (edited 19 March 2001).]

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I've bought bladelights (which would be perfect for liquid dancing, if I did it) from extremeglow. No problem. I've bought glowsticks from www.glowsticks.com (not the same as glowstick.com, FWIW), and had no trouble with them either.Now that I think of it, I've bought all kinds of different stuff online, and the worst thing that ever happened was that my order was slow to ship.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

kashmirmember
10 posts

Posted:
*coughravercough*

i'm not god, but fuck me, i'm close -liam gallagher

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
In the U.S. & the States that have them Walmart, Target, Oshman's Sporting Goods, Academy..they all carry them in the camping/hunting sections, usually around three bucks for two. They come in a Beige and green package. I can remember the name though, but they usually have their own section of camping suplies.They are heavy duty and last a good length of time. If i break them on friday night about 11:00, then pu them in the freezer they still havemore than half their brightness on sat night. That brand has Red, yellow, orange, & green. Or Party City carries them for 99cents, and they have purple and blue as well, but theey are smaller and hardly last one night...if that long. They are made for "parties" and are obviously cheap but for practice, serve the purpose.I havent ordered any offline yet but if you guys can suggest a good site, that would be great.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Something caught in your throat, kashmir? Any assumptions you're making about me are wrong.

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
Hey AdamRice,You mentioned something earlier about liquid dancing which I know you said you didn't do, but what is it exactly?Forgive my ignorance but I'm from Idaho, which is kind of the Inner Mongolia of America.Skye

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Skye--I've only seen liquid dancing a little bit. Seems to be popular with, ahem, ravers. To me it looks vaguely like belly-dancing, lots of fluid hand motions. Often done with glowsticks held in hands. A few people here on the HoP boards do it.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
quote:
You mentioned something earlier about liquid dancing which I know you said you didn't do, but what is it exactly?
Indiginous to clubs and raves. itsa type of dancing.Hands and fingers follow each other in "liquidy" type movements. Body moves in a breakdance-type style. if done right, its pretty cool to look at. Done with photons and or glowsticks and it inhances it. Some people do it fast enough that you will get the colored lines travelling around thier body. I can do it a little i dont really practice at it too much. but like i said its fun to watch someone really good at it.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
I agree with supa'man about where to get glowsticks. Wal-Mart's open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year smile. The price is a bit high, $3.60 [or something close to that] for a pair. They do last a while though. They're made by a company called 'Ozark Trail' and can be found in the camping section. Oh and they're called 'lightsticks' on the package wink. They also have nifty lil ridges on'm, running down the length of the glowstick which makes it less liable to crack/break [my theory at least]. I don't buy to many since i practice with my dead ones, but i don't have NE complaints so far. ^__^------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

kashmirmember
10 posts

Posted:
adamrice, are you the one that said
quote:
discussing glow stick/liquid/glowstringing
?hmmm, nope, you werent so, perhaps it is you making the assuption. hit a nerve there did i adam?------------------"i'm not god, but fuck me, i'm close" -liam gallagher[This message has been edited by kashmir (edited 21 March 2001).]

i'm not god, but fuck me, i'm close -liam gallagher