Forums > Social Discussion > How can people be so cruel?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I just bawled my freaking eyes out for like ten mins after watching a report on the telly... I warn you it aint a nice thing!

A 55 year old man hit a little cat with a walking stick until the little cat died..because it was sitting on his fence.. The worst thing is that the owner of the cat, a ten year old girl, watched the man killing her pet and screamed at him to stop but the man wouldnt...

I cried and cried and cried like my heart was breaking...

Firstly the cat did nothing! If you want a cat out of your back yard or off your fence you shoo it away.. you dont kill it...

and the poor little girl was sobbing her heart out.. The rspca better take this man for a skate, becasue I tell you I am so angry about this that the man is very lucky he doesnt live in driving distance.

I know this is a horrible topic but I needed to get this out casue it broke my heart...

the thing that makes me really sad is that this is the third case of HORRIFYING animal cruelty in the past three months here is aussie.. one lot of teenagers torturd a little kitten at a train station, and another kid set a little kitten on fire and now this 55 year old man who KNOWS BETTER!!

I am so sad about this I have to stop here... ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I know, but i didnt post that one for two reasons
1) I was thinking of the innocent ones on this thread :angel
2) I was afraid of being accusd od being a pervert tongue
3) People shouldnt park on spavements, whereas people shud do te other thing. Its healty and is part of growing up biggrin

anywho... offtopic ummm.. killing cats bad thing.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
You're only saying that so you dont get accused of being a pervert again...
I wanna post my cat pic but it wont let me

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

10,530 posts

Posted:
send the link to me and ill try it out...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Why are people cruel to animals?

What does it take for a group of youths egging each other on with a pellet gun to shoot at a dog tied up (and sunbathing peacefully) in my moms front yard. Tigger survived, he lost an eye (and lived to a ripe old age nevertheless), but all we saw was a group of (teenagers?) running off down the street whooping and hollering.

Or, a case which has always stuck in my mind, the young German Shepherd pup, who was horrendiously neglected, forced to live in his own feces in a stinking cupboard, and when the owner was feeling particuarly nasty the pup was held over the gas hobs on the cooker, and each paw was burnt. Badly.

I think, althought I can't find reference to this article online, the animal was saved by the RSPCA, and his damaged paws partially rebuilt by prosethics, and when wearing booties the pup was able to walk almost normally. Of course, as always with high profile cases, the animal was rehomed quickly and hopfully will remain in a loving environment for the rest of his life.

Why?

I always dread the sound of fireworks, how many are being aimed at animals?

Some people, seemingly, are inheriantly cruel. And, as with the case with so many bullies, it's always best in your own self interests to attack someone/something smaller and weaker than yourself. That's because it isn't going to retaliate.

And I suspect some people get a power rush about being so domineering over another's life, be it human or animal.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: v quiet

not all people are gits. not all people incite hatred. so there's nothing intrinsically worse about killing an innocent cat than an innocent person.

So u are saying there is at least one person out there who has never, not once, made a comment about sum1s skin colour/religion/looks etc, or had comments made about them?

Are u saying that there is at least one person out there who is perfect?

Inciting hatred can also be passive im afraid.

People are cruel to people because of there own beliefs.

Now, cats dont have beliefs, or rather, they have belliefs, but we dont hear about them. Why? Probably cos they're smart enuff to know that sum1 out there will make sum snide comment about it, or kick em in... cats are smarter than people. They keep quiet, so they dont start fights or hatred.

The point of the above?

The beating of the cat was pointless... plain and simple and cruel. Stoopid old man.

boundless starsnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Oh wow.... this makes my blood boil.... everything I see on animal cruelty makes me feel sick and angry.

It is something I also, cannot fathom, and I fear if I ever saw anyone doing any form of animal cruelty it is likely I would completely forget myself and attempt to teach whoever it was, a lesson, even if they were built like a tank! eek

My love of animals runs very deep ..right to my core, hmm..probably by weakest spot! (there ya go! It's out!)

I can only think that it is, ya, an attempt of gaining some kind of egotistical 'boost' as in like, their plea for their own unhappiness and trying to say well hey look I can kill another creature so I must be worth *something*. An absolutely dangerous notion. I guess it might be seen as some kind of metaphor for loads of other things too.

I absolutely feel for ya...

10,530 posts

Posted:
what boundless stars just says makes me wonder...

If the man was hitting the old man, and some teenager from a "ethnic minority" or something went and gave the old man a whoopin' (id do the same), wud we still be taslking about the cat, or wud we be ralking about the cruelty of the guy hitting the man? confused

Its all about perspective shrug

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I think thats really sad... im sure the man wouldnt dream of doing that to a child that had been on his fence... why do it to an animal.. and especially a little girls pet. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
my rabbit died (or should i say 'was killed') yesterday.......i don't know what happened except my garden fence was broken and so was the hutch, the door had been pulled off.....bet it was the local kids
......its not fair....now my other rabbit is all lonely and i've had to bring him inside cos i'm scared they'll get him too....
frown RIP Nibbler

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I have, on occasion been tempted to hit cats in the middle of the road, but i can never do it, because i always think of them as some sweet little kid's pet, and that they'd be heartbroken if they found their cat very thin and very wide on te road in the morning.

The only animal i've killed, directly, that i know of, was a suicidal pigeon, that wanted to make friends with my car's bumper bar, while i was doing nearly 80km/h (50 mph, i think, for you imperial people).

I dont see why, or how, poeple can find pleasure out of doing things like this. its horrible, and its cruel, not only to the animal involved, but to the owner(s) of the animal.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

10,530 posts

Posted:
about rabbit killings, i have a rather odd tale to tell...

When i was just a little Henrychof, living in germany, i owned a rabbit (cant remember its name).

Anyway, we were going over to ireland to visit my gran, so we left the rabbit to our next door neighrbours care. a week later, we come back, and she had eaten the damn thing!

So, i think that was my first potentually traumatising experiance......

I mean, seriously, who in the hell eats a rabbit in their care? confused angry

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*looks around in disbelief*

wha??? she ate your pet? oh my god.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
What a cow.....what an absolute cow...did you sue her?

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
I remember once a friend of mine took his rabbits to a festival where they were eaten by a fox. It's not the same as a human eating a rabbit though.

Was it a crazy old lady that threw cats at you?

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Why didn't the cat get off the fence? confused

I have worked in the RSPCA and our local refuge for years and it is just some extreme cases that get reported. I believe so strongly that people should need to apply for a licence before owning a pet.... all for freedom of choice, except when it involves the happyness of another (human or animal).
If only people who had the right amount of space, knowledge and love were able to keep pets then i think we would see a reduction in the number of these cases... prevention is better then a cure

... simplify ...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I think the cat fell off the fence. After it was hit.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_moon

What a cow.....what an absolute cow...did you sue her?

well, i was aboot six at the time, so i didnt know about sueing, and id probably be laughed out of court shrug Probably wouldnt even be worth it... anyway, i think she was a bit 'unstable'...

but u kinda must be in order to eat a rabbit shrug

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
Certainly if it's someone's pet.

Should've eaten her in return. That'd have show her.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

Page: