all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Hey, i'm only very new both at poi and here at HOP but i've arranged a gathering for twirlers, drummers and a heap of muso's on wednesdays down at frankston pier (weather permitting), come on down learn, teach and share. ALL welcome!!!

celebrate your mistakes, laugh, live and learn
i'm not as think as you hammered i am, and it's ok cause i got all sober to sunday up
comfortable is outside my comfort zone

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
where in oz is frankston?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I think it's in Victoria

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
1 hour south of melb

i'm not as think as you hammered i am, and it's ok cause i got all sober to sunday up

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
it sounds good, but frankston takes a while on the train.
Shall talk to sakura moon, dj nood, his mates, and other mates not on here, see if i can spark some interest.
How old are the lot of u, what are you all into.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
there are a few different age groups coming but mainly early to mid 20's and the night is soley based on twirling and associated stuff, so drums, didgeridoo, guitar, etc etc. Bring down something different cause were all into learning new stuff. welcome

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
oh, except sanity, don't bother bringing any, noone else does

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
What time are you meeting, and why did you have to pick wednesday, clashes with Edinborough Gardens meet frown

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Best day for everyone i knew, and very few ppl from down here ever make the trip anyhoo - too far
we meet at around 6:30 - 7

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Well its too far for me to get down too. But i will pass the msg on to Phuzz and Phyro cause they live a lot closer to there and might be interested in going.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill try to get down, but wednesdays arent great for me. i got skool.
will bring down my eatin sticks, 3 section staff, and once its made, my cross staff. that should be enuf different stuff to keep everyone learnin for a while, but just in case, I'll bring my new stilts. gettin them thursday night yay bounce
see you all soon, prolly in the holidays.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
p.s. is friday any good for anyone. wednesdays suck for me.

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce bounce bounce
YAY!!! am so stoked to see a group happening on wednesdays thats for begginners and its in Frankston!!! Awesome - cant make it tonight but will defiently be there next wed, let me know if its still on or if the days change. My sis is moving to frankston soon so this will fit in just perfect she can mind bubs and i can go twirl yay!!!!!

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
just to let everyone know, due to comfest beerchug very few ppl will be going next wed if any at all ooooops but it will be on again the following wed, come down and party with fire welcome

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i go to uni in frankston, so i may be able to stick around every now and then.

ScRuFfY - Fetish for flamesMember
42 posts

Posted:
hey ya all...im from f'ston.... so ill have to go to one of these meets...do they happen or wat? on school holidays too..for us yopunger ones still styding that is.....
anyways so at the peir round 7ish kk sounds all good....
but yer.... hmmm....

ScRuFfY- FeTiSh FoR FlAmEs:
live life, succeced, crash, burn then die

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
hey guys
is the frankston meet on? let us know cos dont wanna rock up wif no one there...... *shuffles in wonder*

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey that's great to hear about a new meet!! i hope youse don't cop as many mozzies as we get in brunswick!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

all_fired_upnewbie
16 posts

Posted:
just to let everyone know i've spontaneously decided to stuff everything and travel australia, but the meet IS still happenening, so check it out, cause i hear that it's grown and there are more peeps showing up all the time and there aren't so many mozzies!! aint they annoying!! i'm in the subtropics at the moment and man i wish they would just go away!! ahhh well see everyone down there when i rerturn

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
its too hard. im halfway between frankston n the city, so its a tough choice between brunswick, or the new meet. think i might have to come check it out once this holidays. maybe this wednesday, maybe the other. but ill try as hard to come as i can.

see you all soon, cant wait to meet youse.

cheers, pete biggrin