UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4363075.stm
br>
frown

What are your opinions on what has been done?

Delete Topic

onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3252
Posted: Written by: ravehead

the thing is, if they only allow it for mediinal use there will STILL be a black market.....................well even if they legalise it the black market will offer cheeper stuff, but the fact is that if it's regulated then people can choose, pay a standard price and get good stuff or pay less from a shady street dealr and get ripped off cool

I appreciate that, I was simply trying to get the two seperate issues distinct.

If you want to support legalisation, you do your cause no good by bringing in the medicine issue, cos that does not require legalising recreational use.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:yeah i see your point dave, i've gone from smoking shed loads of pot a week to every now and then and only on special occasions. i've been addicted to many substances but in a way it has made me a strongerer persling wink

i just think people should pull their heads out of their areses, get off their soap boxes and get it together. allow US to have the choice rather than being told NO!!!

the world will not end because of legalisation. ok amsterdam is not a role modle but if it was legal in more places in the world other then the dam it would become the"norm" people would get bored of smoking it as you and i have.

Delete

onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3252
Posted:I didn't get 'bored' of it, I faced up to the fact that it was a pointless activity that carried a fair negative toll, impeded personal progress and inhibited freedom.

Shame it took ten years for me to work that out smile

What it comes down to for me, is that if adults wish to use weed, fair enough- but it's a real shame that new generations of kids, through peer pressure and the shameless and innacurate promotion of cannabis as 'cool' or 'liberating', end up also wasting a decade of their lives.

On the issue of legalising it- I've no preference at the moment.

If I thought legalisng the stuff would help less kids get into it, then I would support legalising it.

But there's no real evidence, so I don't have an opinion.

One thing I would say though, is that there's no real evidence showing that it being illegal doesn't keep the usage lower.

If I saw any real degree of responsible use when it comes to the legal drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, then maybe I'd view legalising cannabis in a more positive light.

But I don't.

What I do see, time and again, in both my own life and the lives of that minority who also go 'clean', is the undeniable power of a drug-free life.

The real harm, in my view, of habitual recreational drug use (whether legal or illegal) is that it seems to act as a 'block' when it comes to personal development/progress of any kind.

Yes, some can achieve whilst using, but I'd be happy to bet that, had they been clean, they'd have progressed/achieved far more.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:clap

Great stuff there Dave smile
hug

Delete

The Tea Fairy
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

The Tea Fairy

old hand

Total posts: 853
Posted:ditto

I'm generally pro-drecriminalisation/legalisation, but I understand what you're saying Dave. I'm one of the stoners who does still have a fair amount of motivation despite being stoned a fair bit, I have a good job which I do while I'm sober every day, friends, hobbies etc but I do wonder if I could achieve a great deal more if I wasn't sat about being stoned a lot of the time. But I do agree with Ravehead that there should be a choice (well, for adults with a sense of self-responsibility anyway). Either that or alcohol and tobacco should be illegal too.

I find it really interesting looking at these issues. Another point to bear in mind is that as far as legislation goes, there are many options. Abandoning the current approach in the UK wouldn't mean that we have to adopt the same policies as Holland has, many countries in the EU are trying to move away from the criminalisation of cannabis use in different ways:

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/evidence-select/cannabislegislative.htm

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Delete

JodieAnne

Total posts: 5
Posted:ugh when are they just going to legalize it.

Delete

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:seriously....in AZ any little bit or parphinalia is a classs 6 felony...lame

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

Page: 1...678