Forums > Social Discussion > Bad news for cannabis smokers

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4363075.stm

frown

What are your opinions on what has been done?

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
it's a bit scarey, but my doctor admitted that they weren't sure exactly how these pills work but they do...
normally, i would have said no thank you, but they worked
yay for the doctor putting some faith in something she didn't understant

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

i'm not sure about this or even if it's correct but having used different types of psychoactive substances (some legal) like salvia divanorum or purple ohms, i've gotten used to the weird things that the brain can do ubbloco

also even just sleep deprivation, and altitude sickness can have "trippy" effects on the brain.

i put it down that people that DO freak out on some substances or lack of sleep even, were never mentaly prepaired to make that journey down the rabbit hole.

remember we only use about 10% of our brains and the rest remains hidden and hard to explore and unlock.

It's hard to say what Information is reliable on top of all that. There's alot of propaganda spread about drugs.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: acidchild

It's hard to say what Information is reliable on top of all that. There's alot of propaganda spread about drugs.

https://www.erowid.org

That is one of the only links you will ever need.

smile

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to share this interesteing (and rather long) article on different approaches to legislation of cannabis and thier possible outcomes:

https://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/evidence-select/cannabislegislative.htm

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol The good news (for every day cannabis smokers):

You will not drop dead if you take a break
Reality will not creep in like a herd of cocroaches
Your communicational skills will improve
Your weight will adjust (not having munchies)
You will still be creative and have ideas bubbling
You will be able to focus (more)
You will still be able to spin Poi/ Staff
You will be less paraniod and

You will memorize names, events and the first sentence of my reply wink

... and much more wink hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

Written by: acidchild

https://www.erowid.org

That is one of the only links you will ever need.
smile

I have it bookmarked along with dancesafe.org, ecstacy.org and pillreports.com. Erowid is pretty biased too, not as much as theantidrug.com but it's still biased.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
www.erowid.org is your friend wink

adrenalinenewbie
18 posts

Posted:
ohh if you could only see the amount of weed you can buy here for 5$ ;P jeje but i can't find a poi shop anywhere in the country frown it sucks. a little poem for the plant we all love
MARIJUANA
BY
BIG TIRED, CAMOKOTA

MARIJUANA, HEMP, GRASS, WEED, AS WELL IT IS KNOWN
BY OTHER NAMES INDEED.

USUALLY, IT IS PLANTED IN THE SPRING UPON ONES KNEES.
BUT HOW DO THESE HUGH BUDS GROW,
FROM SUCH A TINY LITTLE SEED.

WHEN PLANTED, IT IS CARED FOR NOT OUT OF MALICIOUSNESS OR GREED.
BUT OUT OF TENDER LOVING CARE, TOWARD THE GIFT TO MAN,
GOD DID BRING.

WE LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE, WHO HAVE SUCH CARELESS THOUGHTS,
UPON IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY, WITH ONLY ONE BRAIN CELL FOR THOUGHT.
THESE PEOPLE, LISTENING TO THE GOVERNMENT, THERE LIES THEY BELIEVE.
BUT NOT OUT OF CARING, ARE THERE LAWS AGAINST THIS SEED.

SO WHEN THE COPTERS FLY LOW, HIDE YOUR PLANTS AMONGST WEEDS.
OR THEY WILL DISAPPEAR, ALL FOR THE GOVERNMENTS GREED.

JUDGES AND ATTORNEYS, LOVE LAWS AGAINST THIS SEED, FOR ITS ILLEGALIZATION TO THEM, STEAK AND LOBSTER IT WILL FEED.
THEY CONTINUE TO PERSECUTE IT, FOR MONEY OUT GREED, CARING NOT TO
THE FAMILIES THE PAIN AND SUFFERING THEY BRING.

YES, GOD CREATED, ALL THINGS IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH.
AND MADE A SPECIAL PLACE CALLED HELL,
FOR POLICE, ATTORNEYS AND JUDGES
WITHOUT WORTH.

FOR GODS WILL IS DEVINE, HOW DARE THESE PEOPLE SAY SUCH THINGS.
AGAINST THIS WONDERFUL PLANT, AND THE HEALING PLEASURES,
IT CAN BRING.

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. - Frank Outlaw

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
hmmmm, i can see the benifit of legaliseing canabis ie as a pain killer, i know they tried making THC pills and they did not really work, i know someone that has chronic back pain and it helps.
However even if it is 1in100 of causeing some sort of mental illness should it be legal?
i am aware that smokeing and alchol is legal .. mehhh hummmm.. im sitting on the fence on this one ... although the thought of having an operation from a stoned surgeon is farly scary

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
but just to add .. burning anything and breathing in the fumes is a bad idea tho..

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
mind you, vapourising or inhaling cool smoke is far less damaging than inhaling hot smoke...

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
News update for this thread:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5230006.stm

(this one has a link to the pdf report) and also:

https://www.nwph.net/nwpho/Publications/emcdda_2005_focalpoint.pdf

(an overview of the UK situation) and one more for fun:

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1483504.ece

I've seen quite a few reports recently slamming the UK illegal drugs policies and our government's approach to the problem of drugs. I am particularly happy to see alcohol and tobacco being treated in the same way as other drugs when considering new models to assess the harm caused by drug use.

Just thought I'd put these links up and see what you think of what's going on.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

7,193 posts

Posted:
there was a good debate on guestion time (bbc1) the other night, people asking MP's why villify a 76YO lady just because she uses cannabis to relieve her aurthritis, and how out of date the laws are surrounding cannabis.

this old lady had 4 plants and got off with 240 hrs community sirvice and £1000 fine, now i KNOW that if i, or any younger person where caught with that they would throw the book at us, well theycan't put us in jail because there's no spaces leftubblol

last year at a festival they had a small cinema and the bloke running it showe this film detailing the reasons why cannabis was first prohibited, the lame if not falce claims the US government came up with to warn people not to smoke it (like the film "reefer madness)
and how much dacade to decade the US government has wasted on criminalising a plant.

the thing they always revert back to is the claim cannabis makes you insane ubblol well yes it dose, in only a small fraction of the ammount of people that smoke it world wide the same with any other substance, there will always be the small percentage that it has adverce effects on just as some people are alergic to aspering or pracetamol.

the thing that jars me off big time is this medievil way of thinking when it comes to hemp, the benifits of hemp are amazing, you can make clothes, rope etc. you can also use hemp oil as a fuel source as well as the dryed plant matter.

old hand
853 posts

Posted:

there was a good debate on guestion time (bbc1) the other night, people asking MP's why villify a 76YO lady just because she uses cannabis to relieve her aurthritis, and how out of date the laws are surrounding cannabis.

this old lady had 4 plants and got off with 240 hrs community sirvice and £1000 fine, now i KNOW that if i, or any younger person where caught with that they would throw the book at us, well theycan't put us in jail because there's no spaces leftubblol

Yeah, another thing that p*sses me off is the blatant discrimination that goes on with the law, regardless of if it's due to age or other differences (for example Pete Doherty: blatant junkie who's been incourt loads this year, yet seems to somehow be immune to prison or tough sentencing. And Kate Moss - if pictures got published of me snorting a whole load of Coke I'd be in trouble, I'd lose my job at least and I suspect Social Services would question my suitability as a mother).

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

7,193 posts

Posted:
that's BABYLON or you hug

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Would those who go on about the medicinal uses of cannabis be happy if it was made available as a prescription drug (with medical/pain relieving effects only- ie no 'recreational effects) yet cannabis remained illegal for 'recreational' purposes?

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

7,193 posts

Posted:
NO!!!! legalise it all the way!!!!!

it would then be regulated so no vietnamese gangs would corner the market, it would be taxed so the money wasted policing it could be put to good use.

time and time again they pull up the same excuse, "it makes you go mad" so doctors say. like i said, only a minute percentage, like with ANY substance have negative reaction. this will always happen no matter what substance it is.

the thing they don't want is "SKUNK" as it has the highest T.H.C. yield of any other strain. sativa is the nicest smoke i've ever had it dose'nt "mong" you out like skunk, but people have this victorian ideal that ALL cannabis is bad.

the thing "babylon" fears is, that if socioty starts taking substances like this people will begin to open their minds, drift away from the "norm" and realise that the government is working on it's own agenda rather than working for the people.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

Would those who go on about the medicinal uses of cannabis be happy if it was made available as a prescription drug (with medical/pain relieving effects only- ie no 'recreational effects) yet cannabis remained illegal for 'recreational' purposes?

NO!!!! legalise it all the way!!!!!

it would then be regulated so ..............

The reason i asked was that, if the answer is no, it may be worth considering not bringing in the medicinal issue in the first place.

Cos cannabis being used in prescribed pain-relieivng medicines is then a seperate issue from the recreational legislation issue.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

7,193 posts

Posted:
the thing is, if they only allow it for mediinal use there will STILL be a black market.....................well even if they legalise it the black market will offer cheeper stuff, but the fact is that if it's regulated then people can choose, pay a standard price and get good stuff or pay less from a shady street dealr and get ripped off cool

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

but people have this victorian ideal that ALL cannabis is bad.

the thing "babylon" fears is, that if socioty starts taking substances like this people will begin to open their minds, drift away from the "norm" and realise that the government is working on it's own agenda rather than working for the people.

I don't like the implication that those who consider all cannabis to be 'bad' do so through some victorian ideal.

I think all cannabis is 'bad', not cos of any victorian ideal, but because a decade of direct personal experience myself (smoking it), being around others who used it and a whole lot of research and thought, have led me to the conclusion that there are no 'good' things about cannabis 'recreational' use.

I don't think it's a demon, certainly alcohol and nicotine are also not 'good' in the same way.

Nothing to do with victorian values or ideals, simply a personal judgement based on experince and reason; and, a judgement made in the context of having very much moved away from it's use, giving, IMO, a greater degree of objectivity than is possible for those still using the stuff on a regular/habitual basis.

As for 'babylon'- it doesn't give a f*ck about stoners using weed- any habitual substance use acts to disempower the users, so 'babylon' is totally happy if the public are doped up with cannabis or alcohol, whilst simultaneously belieiving that it actually empowers them- that's ideal for babylon.

What would get 'babylon' concerned would be if more people started freeing themselves from getting sucked into habitual use of 'recreational' disempowering substances and started to see through some real delusions.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

the thing is, if they only allow it for mediinal use there will STILL be a black market.....................well even if they legalise it the black market will offer cheeper stuff, but the fact is that if it's regulated then people can choose, pay a standard price and get good stuff or pay less from a shady street dealr and get ripped off cool

I appreciate that, I was simply trying to get the two seperate issues distinct.

If you want to support legalisation, you do your cause no good by bringing in the medicine issue, cos that does not require legalising recreational use.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

7,193 posts

Posted:
yeah i see your point dave, i've gone from smoking shed loads of pot a week to every now and then and only on special occasions. i've been addicted to many substances but in a way it has made me a strongerer persling wink

i just think people should pull their heads out of their areses, get off their soap boxes and get it together. allow US to have the choice rather than being told NO!!!

the world will not end because of legalisation. ok amsterdam is not a role modle but if it was legal in more places in the world other then the dam it would become the"norm" people would get bored of smoking it as you and i have.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I didn't get 'bored' of it, I faced up to the fact that it was a pointless activity that carried a fair negative toll, impeded personal progress and inhibited freedom.

Shame it took ten years for me to work that out smile

What it comes down to for me, is that if adults wish to use weed, fair enough- but it's a real shame that new generations of kids, through peer pressure and the shameless and innacurate promotion of cannabis as 'cool' or 'liberating', end up also wasting a decade of their lives.

On the issue of legalising it- I've no preference at the moment.

If I thought legalisng the stuff would help less kids get into it, then I would support legalising it.

But there's no real evidence, so I don't have an opinion.

One thing I would say though, is that there's no real evidence showing that it being illegal doesn't keep the usage lower.

If I saw any real degree of responsible use when it comes to the legal drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, then maybe I'd view legalising cannabis in a more positive light.

But I don't.

What I do see, time and again, in both my own life and the lives of that minority who also go 'clean', is the undeniable power of a drug-free life.

The real harm, in my view, of habitual recreational drug use (whether legal or illegal) is that it seems to act as a 'block' when it comes to personal development/progress of any kind.

Yes, some can achieve whilst using, but I'd be happy to bet that, had they been clean, they'd have progressed/achieved far more.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
clap

Great stuff there Dave smile
hug

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ditto

I'm generally pro-drecriminalisation/legalisation, but I understand what you're saying Dave. I'm one of the stoners who does still have a fair amount of motivation despite being stoned a fair bit, I have a good job which I do while I'm sober every day, friends, hobbies etc but I do wonder if I could achieve a great deal more if I wasn't sat about being stoned a lot of the time. But I do agree with Ravehead that there should be a choice (well, for adults with a sense of self-responsibility anyway). Either that or alcohol and tobacco should be illegal too.

I find it really interesting looking at these issues. Another point to bear in mind is that as far as legislation goes, there are many options. Abandoning the current approach in the UK wouldn't mean that we have to adopt the same policies as Holland has, many countries in the EU are trying to move away from the criminalisation of cannabis use in different ways:

https://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/evidence-select/cannabislegislative.htm

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

JodieAnnenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
ugh when are they just going to legalize it.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
seriously....in AZ any little bit or parphinalia is a classs 6 felony...lame

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: ...