Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Moon Letter

Autumn 2005

Hey gorgeous moonfesties.:* biggrin

Wow, it’s Autumn again! That was quick! Time’s fun when you’re having flies!.:* hmmm I think I’ve been kissing too many frogs…. kiss No frog princes as of yet though… ubblove Speaking of fairytale magic, this next Moon Fest, 26th March, is in Pixie theme, and most definitely calls for Fancy Dress … So pull out those pixie wings and dust of your wand… wear a tiara …or put bells on your boots! peace Elves, Goblins, Faeries, fire sprites....and frog princes also most welcome!!! Bring a pixie treasure to place around the fairy circle, bring instruments, and drums for a massive jam and dance under the full moon..:* Bring fire toys, weavesmiley fuel and safety equipment and fire dance on the beach or Glow gear and your dancing body for a frolic under the stars.:*

The Easter break is full of fun things to do on the bay side of Brisbane. The BlueWater Festival kicks off on Thursday night (24th March) with *Bayfire* starting from around dusk with the Lantern Parade, followed by the spectacular fire Show brought to you by :*Over the Moon*:. Featuring a beautiful Full Moon Goddess, Triple Goddess Moon Maidens, Moon Consorts, Dream Weavers, Stardust Sprites and so much more spark and magic.:* Live Music playing on the main stage throughout the night, as well as market stalls and kids carnival rides, topped off with fire works off the Jetty. All this in the beautiful setting of Shorncliffe’s foreshore, Moora Park, Brisbane’s north-side. Then on Friday 25th March, the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race starts from the Shorncliffe Pier… Featuring market stalls, carnival rides, .:*Over the Moon*:. Stilt Walkers and roving performers…and of corse lots and lots of boats…heh ….And then of corse it’s the Pixie Moonfest on Saturday 26th March… come on down a little earlier for a play and picnic in the park, bring your toys weavesmiley and instruments for a play, juggle, juggle jam, sun dance…. And then welcome the moon as she rises over the ocean at dusk.:*

The Next few Dates for Autumn Moonfest are…

*:.Pixie Fancy Dress Fest Sat, 26th March… (mentioned above, first paragraph) ubbangel angel angelblue

*:.Masquerade Moonfest, Sun 24th April… The Full Moon will be eclipsing from 7:30pm ‘till 8:20pm EST …My Moon Diary tells me we should be able to see this from New Zealand, and the East Coast of Australia. As the moon eclipses, wearing a mask of shadow, I feel it would be quite appropriate for us to wear masks as well, so this Moon Fest will be Masquerade… So if you don’t already have a fancy mask to wear, grab a paper plate, cut some eye holes, glue a bit of macaroni, feathers and glitter on and walla! I want to see *everyone* wearing masks!.:* YAY peace

*:.Sagittarian MoonFest Tuesday 24th May… Peter Pan playful energy… Lost boys and Tinkerbell… bring all your toys, fire gear, instruments, drums, dancing bodies, and free spirit.:* bounce ubbrollsmile bounce

Fairy Elf Goblin Fest, Sunday 1st May, Featuring LothLorian and Mr ToothFaery Marchello… *:….How Lush! I’m guessing it’ll be up Yandina kind of way… contact Jason for more info Ph: 5441 7031

.:*Over the Moon*:. Incorporating Phoenix Fire Tribe, has now got a Web sight up and running… Check it out at www.phoenixfiretribe.com There is a variety of different options to suit your event, check out the beautiful imagery and videos to get an idea of the entertainment .:*Over the Moon*:. provides…:::*

Hope to see your gorgeous faces over the Easter brake.:*

Loads of love and stardust kisses.:*

Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

grouphug

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1111209958)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Elke how about two-person-formed-centaur?

If you were going to incorporate it into a performance of sorts that is... The person at the front would be upright, so that their legs form the front legs. Then you'd need a second person behind them, their legs forming the back legs; though unfortunately they would have to be bent down for most of the time, if someone's willing enough to do that. You'd need a garment of sorts to join both bodies. Person at the back would need a tail. Person at the front - some pointed ears, a garland of sorts, a bow and arrow that is of course outlined in fire of course - maybe they could shoot an arrow of fire off into the water or something. (And in the mythology, the saggitarius archer is aiming the bow and arrow at Antares the heart of the scorpion... shame that sculpure got washed away!)

let me think some more on this....

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
oh yes we'd also need a lyre or harp

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
oh my if I had a chocolate-covered blueberry for every time I said "of sorts" or "of course" in second to above post, I'd be a happy woman ubbloco

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
sounds like I'm going to break into a rendition of the Talking Mr Ed

"Be the Bunny"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
can we just have a picnic and bring in a real bull? we'll stick him on a catapult and set him on fire and shoot him out onto the water. he'll go out when he hits the water and it's shallow at shorncliffe so he'll walk back in?
confused confused confused

let me know the exact weight and i'll start making something. beerchug bounce bounce

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
so in short, we're making a horse of sorts of course, possibly in shorts.... or in a dress if Kyle is to be party-horse

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
I mean PART-horse, not party-horse
Cripes I need to be less eager on the *continue* key

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
I am the bull remember, so should I be worried?
Why a bull anyway?

"Be the Bunny"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh why not?? frown

i like party horses. they are more fun than party sloths i feel. biggrin

is kyle going to be the party horse? that's a little weird if you ask me.....i'm sure he'll do just fine but.....weird. ubbloco ubbloco<<<< (i've actually seen him look like this..i swear!)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dont be worried....it wont hurt....for long. as i said you'll go out when you hit the water and i'll be there to give you a big warm hug so you dont catch cold.

just out of the blue....what do you weigh? (opens up schematics) devil

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
ok so far we have yours truly being catapulted into Jellyfish-soup, and half a centaur because the backside, being partial to a party, will not conform to being a backside and will show his face, possibly these ubbloco ubbloco

clap bravo

and I'm 52 kilos pure bovine

"Be the Bunny"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
am i mistaken or did you just say kyle is a horse's ass? umm footinmouth

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: inspired_by_fire

can we just have a picnic and bring in a real bull? we'll stick him on a catapult and set him on fire and shoot him out onto the water. he'll go out when he hits the water and it's shallow at shorncliffe so he'll walk back in?
confused confused confused

let me know the exact weight and i'll start making something. beerchug bounce bounce

I think the vegans might mind.

The bull might mind too.. ubblol

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
so Karen and Jesse will devotedly rescue me from the grips of the catapult, eeeeexcellent

ahem, back to the centaur... ubbrollsmile

Sagittarians are explorers... something to do with exploring maybe?

I was reading something interesting about Sag the other day - it's the center of the milky way and is referred to as the gateway to the center of our galaxy; the "Gallactic Stellar Womb"; the entrance to the birth canal of the galaxy.

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
you are not mistaken ubblol ubblol ubblol but he will forgive me angel2
I think I instantly saw him as the hind because he's so often bent in that way when he's doing his kyle-ish-contacty things

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Hi guys!!!! Sounds like Moonfest is going to be fun again!

Yeah, I'd thought of a centaur, but more like a sand thing than contact pantomine ubblol ubblol

Hey Sureau! The scorpion getting washed out was a good Water sign thing though eh. All very elemental. Wonder what the tides are doing on the 24th?

*starts searching tide tables*

Also:

*bump* for Firenix hug

Do you need somewhere to stay?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I think he is going to stay with us Gabe, Arsn is just making sure of his work shifts first. smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Cool, that sounds like a fine thang to me chicken.

I won't be down at Moonfest till just before dark probably so not much use for sand sculpting this time I'm afraid.

Also I'm going to buy a few 20 litre drums of Ksol or d60 prior to moonfest.. anyone want to to go shares? I think it works out about $3 a litre.

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek ubblol eek ubbloco eek ubblol eek

oh my....

hehehehe.... right... well i think I might just sit back and watch this moonfest k?

haha

Oh cool... You guys have everything sorted with FireNix? biggrin
I just gave directions to moonfest in the juggle jam thread...oooops

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Sorted wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks again - see Juggle Jam thread - Double OOPPSS!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Gabe i'll share in that !

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Sweet, puk. Hope you bring your whips! Would be especially appropriate for Sagitarrius I guess... (Hmm.. what was that earlier suggestion about Kyle and (Sureau?) in a pantomime suit? This could interesting... save a horse ride a cowboy!)

Anyone else who wants some fuel (it'll be Solvent 11 probably: the new 'Ksol' equivalent), bring your own container, OK. And have it labelled*fuel* cos I wouldn't want anyone putting stinkless fuel in a 'drink' bottle or something. eek

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Heya gabe, I'd be interested in a 20 litre drum of d60 actually. When are you getting it? Or have I missed the bus?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 squeeeeee!!!! biggrin not long til moonfest now!!!! bounce bounce2

ooooohhhh!!! eek i've just realised this moonfest will make it ONE YEAR since i started going to moonfest!! biggrin and i think i've only missed one - december last year...i blame woodford & the silly season laziness!! ubblol ooh extra spesh moonfest for gita!!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Ry
no, you haven't missed the bus! I'm going to the supplier probably on Wednesday. I can pick you up a 20 l drum of d60 if you want. Drop it at your house or leave it here for backyard action? wink
I was thinking I would probably use about 20l myself over the winter, was more or less getting the rest to pass around as a favour for folks.

And congrats on the anniversary Miss Gita!!! We'll have to light something to celebrate hug devil beerchug ubblol

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks muchly gabe! biggrin 20l would be wonderful- and if you pass by, that'll be even wonderful-er! I probably assume they might charge a bit for the drum itself? I'm looking to get one of those nice big red ones like Karen and Jesse have at somepoint..

*thinking aloud*

Wow 20l.. with my new extra fat snakes, that should last at least a day or two ubblol

Congrats gita! A year of moonfests- what a great way to look back at a year devil

Btw, for anyone who's actually here for Moonfest stuff, not like these random wafflers at the moment- Tuesday 24th May welcomes all you Peter Pans & Tinkerbells to Lower Moora Park, Shorncliffe (Brisbane, QLD). You know you want to be there. biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol love the swing back on topic there ry!!! tongue

yes a whole year of moonfests!! biggrin and gabe i think we should definitely light something to celebrate!!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Happy Moonfest Anniversary Gita! Light, you say? What could we possibly find to light? If I didn't know better, I'd think you thought we were a bunch of fire-loving sprites devil tongue devil

Gabe I'd love to put in an order for a 20L drum of d60 but don't really have a method of transporting it at the moment... Can I pay either of you - Ry or Gabe - for a litre and fill a bottle? thankx weavesmiley

And your Ryness, 2 days is a little ambitious don't you think? Need to get you a full fire-proof suit and you can twirl in your sleep ubbloco And everyone wants to be at moonfest. They just don't know it yet bounce bounce2 clap bounce bounce2 heart grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

.... biggrin ...Just a little bit of inspiration smile *:..... (costume ideas maybe wink )

Page: ...