Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Moon Letter

Autumn 2005

Hey gorgeous moonfesties.:* biggrin

Wow, it’s Autumn again! That was quick! Time’s fun when you’re having flies!.:* hmmm I think I’ve been kissing too many frogs…. kiss No frog princes as of yet though… ubblove Speaking of fairytale magic, this next Moon Fest, 26th March, is in Pixie theme, and most definitely calls for Fancy Dress … So pull out those pixie wings and dust of your wand… wear a tiara …or put bells on your boots! peace Elves, Goblins, Faeries, fire sprites....and frog princes also most welcome!!! Bring a pixie treasure to place around the fairy circle, bring instruments, and drums for a massive jam and dance under the full moon..:* Bring fire toys, weavesmiley fuel and safety equipment and fire dance on the beach or Glow gear and your dancing body for a frolic under the stars.:*

The Easter break is full of fun things to do on the bay side of Brisbane. The BlueWater Festival kicks off on Thursday night (24th March) with *Bayfire* starting from around dusk with the Lantern Parade, followed by the spectacular fire Show brought to you by :*Over the Moon*:. Featuring a beautiful Full Moon Goddess, Triple Goddess Moon Maidens, Moon Consorts, Dream Weavers, Stardust Sprites and so much more spark and magic.:* Live Music playing on the main stage throughout the night, as well as market stalls and kids carnival rides, topped off with fire works off the Jetty. All this in the beautiful setting of Shorncliffe’s foreshore, Moora Park, Brisbane’s north-side. Then on Friday 25th March, the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race starts from the Shorncliffe Pier… Featuring market stalls, carnival rides, .:*Over the Moon*:. Stilt Walkers and roving performers…and of corse lots and lots of boats…heh ….And then of corse it’s the Pixie Moonfest on Saturday 26th March… come on down a little earlier for a play and picnic in the park, bring your toys weavesmiley and instruments for a play, juggle, juggle jam, sun dance…. And then welcome the moon as she rises over the ocean at dusk.:*

The Next few Dates for Autumn Moonfest are…

*:.Pixie Fancy Dress Fest Sat, 26th March… (mentioned above, first paragraph) ubbangel angel angelblue

*:.Masquerade Moonfest, Sun 24th April… The Full Moon will be eclipsing from 7:30pm ‘till 8:20pm EST …My Moon Diary tells me we should be able to see this from New Zealand, and the East Coast of Australia. As the moon eclipses, wearing a mask of shadow, I feel it would be quite appropriate for us to wear masks as well, so this Moon Fest will be Masquerade… So if you don’t already have a fancy mask to wear, grab a paper plate, cut some eye holes, glue a bit of macaroni, feathers and glitter on and walla! I want to see *everyone* wearing masks!.:* YAY peace

*:.Sagittarian MoonFest Tuesday 24th May… Peter Pan playful energy… Lost boys and Tinkerbell… bring all your toys, fire gear, instruments, drums, dancing bodies, and free spirit.:* bounce ubbrollsmile bounce

Fairy Elf Goblin Fest, Sunday 1st May, Featuring LothLorian and Mr ToothFaery Marchello… *:….How Lush! I’m guessing it’ll be up Yandina kind of way… contact Jason for more info Ph: 5441 7031

.:*Over the Moon*:. Incorporating Phoenix Fire Tribe, has now got a Web sight up and running… Check it out at www.phoenixfiretribe.com There is a variety of different options to suit your event, check out the beautiful imagery and videos to get an idea of the entertainment .:*Over the Moon*:. provides…:::*

Hope to see your gorgeous faces over the Easter brake.:*

Loads of love and stardust kisses.:*

Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

grouphug

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1111209958)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Nice one Pixie!!! I have that set on my computer, they are amazing aren't they!!
Now to a more serious issue. There is a thread been revived lately that Valura started a while ago about fire safety ( we are getting a bad name') and others have mentioned the ongoing troubles at Burleigh. I'm sure we're all concerned about any nasty vibe developing at Moonfest, which at the moment is just a gorgeous event.

Last time was there I witnessed a number of things// just the germs of the sorts of things that can make problems... youngish kids 'having a go' with lit staffs, but not really knowing what they are doing..... and two chaps fire breathing at different times during the night. One chap I went to myself, and later Moon Pixie went over to say the necessary words and I backed her up. Both guys said the usual thing; "I've done it before, I know what I'm doing..." Both times I/we said: "You may well have done it bad example; and it is extremely dangerous to yourself and this event, no matter how well you think you can do it. We know you CAN do it, but please don't do it here. they stopped, pleasantly enough.

What I;m really writing to say here is that I would love 'us- the community of HoP types who love spinning, and care about safety, to all take a lot of responsibility about this: certainly not leave it to Elke. That beautiful girl has enough to do!!!

And as far as the young ones go: there's been lots on HoP lately about kids/fire etc. My sense of it is to go to the kids and interact with them in an elder/ motherly way and start the safety/ this is not a game instruction they need, whether they are 'mine' or not.
Any other views/takers/comments?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin next week!! moonfest is NEXT WEEK i tells ya!! ubbloco

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by:

What I;m really writing to say here is that I would love 'us- the community of HoP types who love spinning, and care about safety, to all take a lot of responsibility about this: certainly not leave it to Elke. That beautiful girl has enough to do!!!

you know Im up for that sweetheart! I kinda do it already...but more support will be great. smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Thanks Gabe smile

I think most people at moonfest are quite safe and do take responsiblity for themselves... and if others are acting irrisponsibly usually someone has a friendly chat to them...

it's actually quite rare at moonfest that people fire breath or are unsafe with fire... as untill my resent officiall *no fire breathing at moonfest* rule making, it's kind of been a bit of an unspoken rule... most people just know I don't like it.... it's just those few that don't know... and all it really takes is for them to be informed in a nice casual way... most people respect that.

I also think Moonfest is a safer envirionment because it's drug and alcohol free... and the pub isn't a stumble across the rode and have a go with someone's fire stick kind of distance....

So it is quite rare that there is an issue as the regular moonfest comunnity is a bunch of beautiful responsible people... smile

but yeah it is good to spread the awearness and make the safety of the fire community even stronger smile .:*

Thanks for the support lovelies*:. hug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Pixie ubblove

I hope I wasn't out of turn with my post... I totally agree with you that generally Moonfest is just gorgeous, and safe, and yes the drug and alcohol free vibe is a great blessing. I was following on from some of the things that have been posted/spoken about the way Burleigh has been going.. and also the increasing popularity and size of Moonfest. "New" people may not read/ understand safe limits the same way....And of course to support you in your wonderful thing you have started here....

Now, speaking of fire .... devil I will be bringing a 20 litre drum of D60 fuel to Moonfest with me (as I mentioned in an earlier post...) so if anyone wants to buy a few litres they are welcome to (at $2.50 a litre) so long as they have a safe/sealed container to put it in....

Hugs and see you all there

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
I'm sure she wasn't bothered gabe.. she loves you heaps & appreciates your beautiful caring attitude...

..but just incidentally, I don't know if I'd say moonfest is particularly increasing in size.. I know I wasn't there last month, and it sounded like it was a biggy.. but a few years back, in summer, it was attracting well over a thousand people or more (the elemental moonfests.. soooo lush!)... and it was some of the safest ever.. maybe *because* there were so many people and such a community was developing... it's just moonfest cycles that go round.. often they get a bit more intimate over winter time.. which is probably what will happen over the next few months.. warm fuzzy moonfests.. yum...round and round and round moonfest cycles go.. what is this? the 8th year moonfest has been running?? (pixie is this really true!?! wow)...

it's so good that so many yummy caring fire safety nazis all come along each month and lead by example and a gentle word or two..
thanks for being so beautiful & caring gabe.. we lub you .:*:. mmwah*
and thanks to all the beautiful spinners who have made moonfest so yummy & such a beautiful environment to play in month after month...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
1000 peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!! ubbloco clap eek devil grouphug ubbloco biggrin

On this and most other matters I bow to your greater wisdom!
*bows* *has a mild headspin and goes to lie down...*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:

kiss mmwah* kiss

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
echoes Gabe.

1000 thats amazing!!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I notice the parrells that are being drawn between burleigh and Moonfest and as a old hat to both events I must say that I feel there is a huge difference between moonfest and Burleigh.

It is difficult to put my finger on what it IS that is different about the two events (other than the gorgeous people who run it)

The regulars make the moonfest event special to me beautiful souls like Bec, Elke, Gita, Jen, Gabe, Keir, Ry, Puk and a whole heap of other people who will become friends when I meet them. You guys make it such a wonderful fluffy vibe and I think so many people pick up on that.

prehaps its the attitudes of the people who attend. I know that noone would ever purposely fire breath in my face at moonfest, yet I was hardly surpirsed when an aggro boy did at burleigh...hmm

Plus I think that people have a huge respect for bec and elke for providing them with such a lovely event that they put so much time and effort into, where as noone is "running" burleigh so people kind of look at you as if "who the hell do you think you are?" if you ask them to please be careful etc...

yeah anyways... *shuffles off* redface

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Valura... your gorgeous! ubblove nice to here your perspective hug it *is* all the beautiful fluffy people that come along each month that make it so yummy hey!

Big thankyous to all you gorgeous ones! So much love and support flying about! hug grouphug hug

See you tuesday! or tomorrow for juggle jam! bounce

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

yay! *giggle* biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
oh yeah! gabe!! i think i'd like to purchase a few litres of your d60!! biggrin perhaps 5 if you have enough? i'll bring an old firesol container...hopefully there's none of that left in it...might just go check on that! (and write on it with big nikko "D60") smile

biggrin

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
rug up kiddies... it's going to be a run-around & keep warm one tonight!

all the better for fire swirlin' wink

see you soon... mmwah*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ohhh last night was wonderful!!! ubblove ubblove ubblove

had a whole load of fun and arsn said it was the nicest moonfest he has been to in ageeesss... but I think we said that last month too... could they just be getting better and better?? biggrin biggrin biggrin hug hug hug

yes mumma becca my feet are toasty!! biggrin ubblol ubblol

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hello lovely fairy folk

It feels lots better to be emailing in a 'non-disconnected cyba' sort a way. But in a 'ive met you lovely people now' sorta thing

Full respect to those helping to organise the Moonfest and all the lovely folk there for making it such a lovely event. It has been a while since I have played with so many Fire people and fo such a good standard. I was truely inspired and feel Blessed.

I hope to see you guys again ASAP. I know some of you are coming round to Gabe's tonight for some more fun - Cant wait - some skill sharing is deffinately in order - I shall dust off my teaching.......and learning skills!!

Again it was great to meet you> I had so much fun

Love and Light and BIG hug's
EDITED_BY: FireNix (1117000170)

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Gabes tonight...For the concert thingo that she has organised? I shall Ask arsn if he is up to coming over and perhaps we shall come and boogie.

your so lovely Rob and twas our pleasure to meet you!! smile hug hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah it was nice to meet you as well sorry i couldn't help you out much my backs is killing me .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
No worries Bud - Hope you got to the Chiropractor today...any better?
I shall be leaving Briz tomorrow - just wanna say to all those people that I got to meet - it was a pleasure, an inspiration and a wonderfull experience.
I had loadsa fun and shall deffinately be returning to a MoonFest near you, sometime at the end of this year or begining of next - depending on when the tour is. For those I didint get to meet - hopefully next time. All I know is it sure wasnt long enough!!
One last thing.....................
Gabe you are a truely wonderfull woman - Thank you so much for such lovely hospitality. It is always a true gift for me to be in a home and I really appreciate being welcomed into yours. Big-up for Gabe for all the Fuel, food and lifts that ive seen in just this short space of time!! Big Love and Hugs
And the same to all of you peeps - you really have something special in this place - A tight knit Fire crew, lots of people who are happy to share their time and energy and some exceptional spinners. Congrats on living in such a great place and contributing to it. I look forward to the next time and hope that it shall be for alot longer a time.
Love, Hugs and Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Awwwwww geeee Rob, too kind! You're welcome back any time, and I'm glad you were able to have some good sleeps and restore you travelling self!!
And thanks everyone who was at Moonfest, another lovely night.... the day after I always have such lovely images in my head!!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*bumP* biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Gita, lovely bump you got there!
Seeing we're back on the front page, I'll be telling any of you night-spinning Brisvegans that I have two sets of the funky double glow poi from Jill Maglio in Melbourne for sale: $80 a set. I will have them at Juggle Club on Monday... or you can meet up with me somewhere else if you like. I will of course be at next Moonfest too.. it seems so far away!!!
(I'm turning into a regular little trader eh!)
Hugs
Gabe

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
omg! it's nearly moonfest time again!! biggrin time to start working on the boss for a day off...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
this will be my last moonfest for a bit!!! frown

but smile cause lil bub isnt too far away...

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
oh no! eek well...i spose you gotta put your feet up & get pampered & fussed over for a while!! tongue

so that means EVERYONE who's been saying "i should go to moonfest one day" has to come to this one!! bounce

ubblol

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

oh no! eek well...i spose you gotta put your feet up & get pampered & fussed over for a while!! tongue
ubblol

I wish I will be putting my feet up!! LOL... I dont think thats what will be happening! ubblol

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

i spose you gotta put your feet up & get pampered & fussed over for

I thought that was what child birth was all about wink

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Page: ...