Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > anyone going to the GLADE FESTY this year?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
silverbearnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
last years glade festy was a total blinder (what i can remember of it anyway - too much ubbloco) and this years looks set to be even better so i just thought i'd add a link in here so if any of you peeps are interested you can check it out for yourself: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glade/2005/
get your tickets as soon as they go on sale coz they're gonna go damn quick - hope to see lots of you ubbloco peeps there cool

sum ov the fings that shood 'ave been dun 'aven't, and sum ov the fings that shoodnt 'ave been dun 'ave

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Glade was WILD! Had an amazing time! Good to see some people and meet loads more! What a belter!

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Nice to see so many spinners there (and take photos of a few). I was inspired to learn some new moves, and have practically doubled my repertoire in one weekend smile

Dancing, spinning, marching around carrying stupid amounts of camping gear, and (not) sleeping on a pile of stones have left me aching all over, but I'm gonna fix up the LED poi, and do it all again next weekend in Falmouth, WOOHOO! ubbrollsmile

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek !!!!!!

biggrin biggrin biggrin bounce

that was prettty damm stonking, weather was peerfect, music was perfect, people were perfect, it was so good to arrive at the festval, swiftly set up camp and then wander to the origen stage and find things kicking off in amazing style. overall everything i saw over the weekend just blew me away again and again especially the stuff on at the little big tent (whats wrong with this music ?ubbrollsmile) and the origen. ubbidea

hug to everyone i encountered biggrin

strugz? where were you?

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: oli

strugz? where were you?

dont ask dude.............. dont ask, tiz very much a sore point that i missed......... i still have ticket in my car........... reading all these "good times had" isnt helping............

rolleyes

Still - falmouth, global and big green gathering to make up for it smile

Glad you had a good one dude cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
sorry man.. hug hug
i hope thinsg are ok, see you in less than a week smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin bounce ubbrollsmile sunny juggle ubblol bounce2 ubblove ubbloco weavesmiley peace

mmmm..... that was awesome! like oli says, couldn't have been more perfect...

...and so the fellowship of the cups ended their most excellent adventure back from the land of the glade where the sun beats down on the dry dusty plain and our heros lived like monkeys in trees feeding on copious amounts of mystical fungus in order to hone their skills with their wizard toys, survived stinking cess pits of despair, avoided the evil goblins and naked purple hippy, witnessed much musical wrongness, and battled past the glow cup dragon to stomp with pretty fairies till their feet hurt before finally re-rolling the one spliff that ruled them all and smoking it into oblivion all washed down with cups of magic tea... wink

...thanks for that guys an gals hope you all had as much fun as i did! grouphug

an stugz - hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
sunny bounce biggrin meditate ZZzzzzz...

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
The Glade kicked arse!!!! - even more so this time than it did the last year too.

Nice to meet some of the hopsters there and learn some tricks.

My favourite stuff: hybrid & the breakfaterz crew at the breaksday tent, stage invasions, morning rounders, mad music in the littlebig, free magic mushroom tea at the ID Spiral, Aphex Twin, seeing the fisher price soundsystem playing at the toilets, the theme tune to record breakers,

and lots of other stuff that won't make sense here

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
MarkMark - i totally agree - the glade really did kick ass!!!
Best festival I've ever been to. Lovely people, wicked music, gorgeous weather.....you can't ask for more than that biggrin biggrin biggrin

The only downer was the music finishing at 8pm on Sunday spank bad glade!

Roll on next year!

Sod glasto, the Glade is where it's at!!!

bounce2 bounce bounce2

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Was a blast, good to meet a few Hoper's there although not in a coherent state most of the time wink and was absolutely amazed eek by the standard of some of the staff spinning looks like I've good years of practing to do just to keep up.

Shame there was no fire... frown but fully understand why now,,, glad I was persuaded not to light up!

Good to see u Mike as always (although was starting to wonder if you where following me as we kept running into each other!!) so maybe as Bel said you are my lucky charm. Happy travels!

Bryn

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
Was a laugh. Nice to meet Eva there, thanks for teaching me a few things ^^. If anyone saw a weirdo with long pink hair and a black waistcoat, twas me. ^^ Did enjoy the music. Eskimo was great! And camping that close to the Origin Stage...worth it.

Teh spinnage was tres-impressive. Got alot of hours of practice ahead of me.

Hope all who made it had a good time, and if you wern't there.. you'd better be next year, ^^

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Hello all you glade survivors wave

What a wicked festival! It beats glasto anytime! Lots of

bounce weavesmiley juggle ubbloco and biggrin and hug

Great to meet some more of you london lot Hels, Dizzy and Eva ! Hope you enjoyed yourselves!

Bryn - Indeed, we did keep bouncing into each other - hope you and bel had a brilliant time - i bet you were glad you came after all wink

And finally Chris & Tim, this is for you ubbloco biggrin wink

The fellowship of the cups

See you all next year for sure bounce

Mike

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
glade piccies for anyone interested.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
glade was [censored] wicked met so many people also some more pics here

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice pictures guys... you know it's been an amazing weekend when all the photos come back perfect and just make you wanna do it all over again! biggrin

grouphug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Page: ...