Forums > Social Discussion > Spring can't come soon enough!

Login/Join to Participate

Ardariannewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Oy, I'm getting tired of this winter weather! It sure has worn out its welcome. But now it seems spring is beginning to show its face, and it makes me feel so good inside. I've been wanting to get out and spin poi all winter and practice up, and now that the weather is warming up I can! And I'm glad to find that I didn't really lose any knowledge of how to spin poi during the cold months.

Ya'know, this is all coming from a newbie though. I'm going to use this spring, summer and fall to really improve myself at doing this. I want to be good, not just for the sake of it, but because it's fun!

Ahh.. spring. Anyone else have big plans for this year?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean!

it is supposed to snow here yet again this weekend!

mad

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
I Can't wait it's really nice here and i'm stuck at work, I have only just started learning and i want to go out and play! I hope it's nice enough to go outside this weekend or I shall be cross having been cooped up all week. I think you should be allowed to choose you own weekend! (And have 3 days!)

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
It was nice today and iwas at work frown frownI hate when that happens.
Im looking forward to spring but not summer, Im a bit allergic to the sun frown

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*does a sun dance*

Woooooohhhhhhoooooo! It was such a gorgeous day today here in england! I ahd a great hockey game today, and i wasnt freezing! hehehe! I really hate winter!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Yesyesyes! The burnin' season is upon us!

That perfect time of year when it's warm enough to stay outside for a while, but still gets dark early enough.

(disclaimer: this may not apply worldwide)

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I was happy yesterday because it felt like springtime biggrin
Then it was feckin' cold today >.<

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I've honestly been EMBARRASSED to call myself a fire spinner since this winter has kicked my a$$ and I haven't picked up my wicks or socks or anything in forever. I can't wait until it's warm enough to get out and SPIN!!!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Its lovely outside. Spin morning noon and night and its not too cold but sometimes a bit hot.
Down the beach, on the Jetty, in my yard.

Beautiful Australia..

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Ardariannewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Hah, at least you're at the fire stage, NYC. I'm still spinning the regular unlit stuff and smacking myself with them ocassionally. wink

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnorc

Beautiful Australia..

sunny sunny sunny
Some would say we lose the wonderful poetry of actual changing seasons. Others would say the wonderful poetry of actual changing seasons is akin to beating your head with a hammer and then FEELING how good it is when you stop

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Nice one Kyle!!
Actually although I learned to spin in Australia, I did a lot of my practice in my lounge room with the best ornaments around.... meant I had to really know where the little beasts were! That has meant I am now quite confident spinning even when there's people close up....

I always thought that very close to the body finely controlled style that I think of as 'English' with isolations and airwwraps and stuff....was based on having to do the same thing in tiny bedsits!! biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
There's the thing though, all the Londoner go to Spitz and Clapham, where they have aaaall the space in the world- and still spin that way! I think it's akin to the little-kid-football phenomenon, where they'll smack it as hard as they can in their own garden, thus destroying flowers, but dribble with control and precision in the park... umm

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

I always thought that very close to the body finely controlled style that I think of as 'English' with isolations and airwwraps and stuff....was based on having to do the same thing in tiny bedsits!! biggrin

LOL I know what you mean about that sort of style wink And maybe you've hit on the answer - I know I have to be quite careful practising inside during the winter! ubblol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You're telling me...

Last year about this time I was pretty sure I'd be back in California next year. Looks like I get to put up with winter a little while longer. But it'll be winter in NYC which is better than winter in Michigan.

It's not that the weather's necissarily any better in New York...it's that winter in Michigan means you're locked inside your house and can't go outside except to go to work. In New York there's still fun stuff to do.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Ardariannewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Hey Mike, I sent you a PM. Before you ever responded to this post. tongue

It was SO nice outside today. I went out and spun poi for about 45 minutes, then came inside, finally put the tails back on my poi (I took them off when I first got them because, since I didn't know what I was doing, they kept getting tangled), and went out and spun poi for a half hour more. I had so much fun. The tails really give me a better sense of what I'm doing, and I can use 'em to make myself more accurate.

Ahh... spring, spring, spring is here!