Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,

Sorry, but this is a serious post appealing to your good nature. Please read the whole post and consider out plea.

www.justgiving.com/car22

At the moment, the White Rhino are slowly dwindling in numbers due to illegal poaching. This is mainly in Kenya and Tanzania, but also the surrounding countries.

A charity has been set up called "The Rhino Arc", this is an organisation raising money so they can build a safe area for the Rhino. It will be a huge reserve at the base of Mt Kilimanjaro (NE Tanzania) with a large strong perimeter fence (this is what is taking up most of the funds - £10 will only make 1m of fence).

The main cash raiser for this organisation is the annual "Rhino Charge", this is a one day event where people from all over the world come together to, effectively, race against each other. Basically there are 10 Checkpoints, all of which have to be reached in the shortest distance possible.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter who wins, it’s all about raising the cash needed to preserve the White Rhino.

My team is Car 22 and we have been competing in the event since the beginning 15 years ago and have raised over £160000! And there are dozens more teams dotted about the globe who have done the same as more, and us but still more is needed, otherwise the White Rhino [I] will [/I] become extinct.

If all goes to plan, this May will be the 'Charge' to raise the final total to the needed amount, but it will have to be a huge effort which is why I'm asking anyone and everyone to help.

Please please please give something towards our goal.
There are over 15000 of us here on HOP, if everyone gave just 10p (0.19 US Dollars / 0.14 Euros / 0.24 Aus Dollars) we could get over £1500!!!!!!! (2868 US Dollars / 2154 Euros / 3626 Aus Dollars)
I bet all of you could, right now, find that tiny amount of coins just lying around the house doing absolutely nothing! Please donate it to the Rhino Arc!

www.justgiving.com/car22

Thankyou hug

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Im off to Kenya in a couple weeks now.
Please will some of you help out, I wouldnt ask if we didnt need it, it doesnt even have to be much, just something, please.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
....Have you posted this in social chat as well or am I seeing things?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.