pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hello everyone!!
its been awhile. so i need some good vibes and luck from you all. i auditioned for that TV show 30 seconds to fame on sunday and it went VERY well. i was on such a high all that day.

here is my story. so me and my partner wink went to the audition. there were lots of people waiting around to be auditioned. the auditions were held inside a hotel so we could not actually light it up.

we filled out our forms and waited. each person went in and about 3 minutes later they came out. i turned to wink and told him that when i cam out of there i am going to be breathing hard and sweating. he said yep me too.

so it was time for our bit. we went into the closed off room not knowing what to expect, both with feelign that we were going to be nervous. when we got in there we saw two guys behind a table with a camera recorder and for some reason we instantly had our confidence and struck up a conversation with them like we were old friends. goodbye butterflies and hello confidence.

so we got set up and they were trying to get our music started, all the while wink was standing on top of me and we were ready to do our bit. well the lady that introduced us could not get the radio to work so wink jumped down from on top of me and we waited. right as he jumped down the guy looks at us and says " wait, you guys are doing this all while it is on fire right?" and of course without missing a beat we said of course.

finally they were ready and we got back into our starting position. they told us to just start when the music starts so we did. for about 7 seconds we did our tower thign and then wink jumped off and we went balistic. our plan was to just do simple moves REALLY fast for the first 30 second part and we did. they said stop after the thirty seconds was over and we were quite winded.

breathing heavy and taking a knee the guy said hey take a minute. we sat there for a second and one of them said you guys must really like dath maul(star wars) and instantly wink says man i taught him everythign he knows and i fallowed with, darth maul doesn't have a thing on us. response: "these are the guys we need(guy #2 gives him sidward glance) uhhh... for jedi's."

so that was cool. then it was time for our second 30 second bit. that is when we really got down and dirty. wink threw in all his contact stuff with the staff going every which way and i was doing poi with and endless number of nun-chuck style wraps. everywhere. we were in our element, noone could tell us that we had done a bad job that day,we gave it our best.

so after the second bit we of course were sweating and the 2 guys behind the table were smiling pretty big and said " wow, now that is some hight energy talent" well that is what they wanted. at least that is what their toll free number said, so that is what we gave them.

after our 2 part thing the guy came from around the table and said just a tip " IF yu get selected you may want to do some more stuff where you are working with each other. like some duo stuff. we said no problem we have a couple parts where we do some breaths off of each other and a few other things that we couldn't do because of no fire and low ceilings.

so after the constructive criticism they told us to get togehter and they took a polaroid of us. i guess a head shot, and said that they would let us know within 2 weeks what the verdict was.

we thanked them and walked out and as we were walking out the lady that had brought us in there and had announced us and put on our music and stuff pulls us aside and says "just to let you guys know, they have not taken a picture of any other applicant all day" needless to say we were excited. this lady was not part of their team. she was just someone that was hired out by the hotel to help with the audition.

so that is my story. i am jsut happy to have gotten the chance to audition for a TV show. i have been watching Fox since i was a kid, and the chance that i may be on the show is just thrilling. so keep your fingers crossed for me.

if i do get the chance to go on TV i will let you all know. thanks for the support and ill talk with you all sunday...

anyone got a light?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Sounds like it went really well, you probably don't need it since you probably made your own, but good luck

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
GOOD LUCK POZEE AND WINK!!!!!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Good Luck Man, just keep that energy for the cameras and youll be international stars! Especially if you put a copy of the performance on the net where us poor brits (and other europeans) can watch it.

Lots of love,

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yo, Great Ones of Oceanside

wink got my biggest phattest blessins and BREAK-A-LEG a few days ago for both of you; but more and more is due for what's in store, ya rollin high and sweat's a pour and fire flaming out ya core and charm's just oozing every pore YOU ARE THE NEXT BIG THING - so TOTAL PRIDE IN YOU, CONFIDE IN YOU, RELY ON YOU, YOU'RE SO INSPIRED, SO WIRED, SO SKILLED IN PLAYIN FLAME IN GYRE, YOUR TOWER'S A F*CKN VICTORY PYRE

You be sure to tell us in advance, time date of airin, poz! RIGHT ON!!!

(dulce, i'm sending you an e-mail next)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Good luck my fire mentor. If only we got fox here in Japan, someone will have to tape it for me so that I can see it when I get back.

Any hoo, I will talk to yall laters.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:

That is fantastic. Well done boyo

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Ok, me luck!

Hope the cameras managed to capture the magic of your firestuff.

Raphael

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone,
ill do my best if we get picked. but if not oh well, it was great to just try out...

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Wooohooo! nice one pozee..

you deserve it my friend

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pozee!!

Good luck to you and Wink! I reckon if any fire twirlers are going to get on TV it will be you guys!

Josh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Sooooooooooooooooo happy for the two of you
::jumping up and down::
that is great news and you definitely deserve that

keep us posted and send some video, Ok ?

hugs and smiles and sunshine
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yay! what a sick opportunity! congratulations doods!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Best of luck

Are we nearly there yet?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I figured it was only a matter of time before some yahoo decided to do poi on the show. I didn't think it would be you, though.

No, in all seriousness, sending "Lights, Camera, ACTION!" vibes your way!

If you go on, let us know when so we can all videotape it! Maybe Malcom will even host the segment on the site?

And, hey, if some yahoo is going to go and do poi on that show, I'm glad it's you. You'll represent, I know you will.

This is exciting! I'm going to know summun fammus!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!!!! Okay i guess i was outa the loop on this one for a while but... better late than never! You two don't need luck cause ya know you got the stuff!
Awesome!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Woot! Go Pozee n' Wink!

So glad to hear it went extremely well. Good luck on getting the actual part! Seeing your skill, and the Tower picture with Wink in it... it looks great.

Good luck,
Kinudin
*hands Pozee n' Wink candy*

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thanks a million...

anyone got a light?

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
So, what's the verdict??? Any news from the show?