Forums > Social Chat > Fireballs as Musical Instrument!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
"The pyrophone was built as a part of an ongoing Madagascar Institute project to create musical instruments using fire to produce sound, both pitched and percussive."

More: https://works.steinertours.com/pyrophone/

I think this rocks nads.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Sterling Spider,

rocks my nads, and i just got to see the first page of this site so far, guess i gotta download videos?

much props & thanx for finding this, how did you?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Madagascar is awesome. I love those crazy kids. Glass, this is the kind of crap I was talking about...

Nothing tops the flaming "simon"... I loved that thing. Flames shot out of four spouts around you and you had to push the buttons in the same pattern as the flames. Exactly like the old school simon game. F###in' awesome.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
NYC, you met these crazy kids? what are their names? is one the "hanschristoph at mindless dot com" at the top of the pyrophone page? i haven't explored to find out if that address exists or is just a self-nick kinda thang. i did go and read the BLUE LIGHT site which says it was by a Madagascar founder before it became Madagascar, the New Jersey dude who got sick with a South American virus. do you know him or the roommates/ bandmates he talks about, NYC?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I know a few of them from the hood and parties and such. Some of them mildly well, some of them not at all. It's one of those "friends of friends" kind of thing. But I absolutely love the crap that they consistantly put out. And the parties that they throw are pretty amazing.

This is their site...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]