Page:
SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
well before everyone starts asking how you become a Senior member grin - I don't have a clue and i feel bad about it too since i know that i am probably a senior member because of my typing skills and not my Poi ones smile !!! maybe a cheque to Malcolm will do it!!! wink on the other hand maybe the software makes the change when you reach 30 posts and since a few of you are really close to 30 let's wait and see - keep on posting!!!happy swinging,Simos

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
(2) out ..... smile

Dianamember
5 posts

Posted:
I think a senior member is a Gas-bag (talk alot) rolleyes

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Just because I want to join the gas bags of the world...hahaha...this should be my 32nd post!!!!
Non-Https Image Link
HAHAHAHAHAA ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
I think Diana is right grin - maybe Malcolm could write Senior Gas-bag or something next to our names!!! smile at least next to mine - i don't seem to shut up... happy swinging,Gas-bag

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
i think we should find out what happens when you reach 100.actually some peoples names do appear a lot

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
i've read somewhere that when you reach 100 posts, the software automatically notifies Malcolm who in turn sends you a really cool home of poi t-shirt grinon the other hand i've heard some place else that not only you don't get a t-shirt but that what happens is that people think you are sad!!! well we'll wait and see...i bet i'll be the first one to find out Ali...Simos

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
...but I could have sworn that Malcolm was going to give you (100 entries person) a cart and 90 seconds to whizz round his shop! (any of u guys see supermarket sweep with daley babey!?)....race ya all (i'll kick yer butt!) grin grin grin grin[This message has been edited by sammie (edited 27 December 2000).]

Dianamember
5 posts

Posted:
By the time you have reached 100 posts you will all probably be so full of hot air that you will be called Windbags

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Diana is this what you roughly have in mind???
Non-Https Image Link
i hope i got close wink - you are not by any chance the woman in Malcolm's instructional Poi animations on this site???take care and happy swinging,balloonhead

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
he he he im still just a "member" but i talk alot so in a week or so.do you get any special privliges or something when you hit "senior member" or is it just your name changes?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
hey Jeff....name change as far as i can see....and by that time, everyone knows yer name!!!See you on the senior side in a week or so!!!!Senior gas bag------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
almost there.....hay look at this another post he he he.the sad part is if i started posting in here when i found the site i would be over 100 posts by nowoh well soon enough it'll happen!!!!

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
so you get to be senior just by talking a lot. thats cheap

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
One would hope, that when you post, you are "contributing" to an on going discussion, rather than just talking to hear the sound of your own voice, or to obtain the "rank" of senior member. And I think that people who have worthy things to contribute should certainly be recognized. It isn't exactly the rating system of Ebay, but being as most of us cannot see each other perform, how else is there to judge? Besides, spiffspiff. I'm sure that if you've been on this board for a reasonable length of time, you have already formed opinions on what to expect from certain members, and who's advice you would rather follow (if any). So what the status of their membership is doesn't really matter, does it?

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
spiffspiff and Jesse...although i don't feel i should defend the fact that the guy at Infopop who wrote the software for this BB decided to make it so that you become a 'senior' member after 30 posts i will say what i think...first of all i wish this whole senior member thing would vanish right now and we all had the status of member; unfortunately as i don't have the means to do this and i had people asking how you become a senior member (i was the first one to become because i do talk a lot and try to reply to anyone when i feel i have information which will help them) i just started this topic so that everyone knew that being a senior member had only to do with the number of posts and NOT the poi skills (i am a beginner myself compared to a lot of the people on the site) - what i keep on wondering about is how this topic has boiled down to people writing 'bitter' replies like Jesse's (sorry Jesse that's how it sounds) - and to end this i wonder; how exactly did your reply to this 'topic' contributed to an on-going discussion? and if you think that you shouldn't follow anyone's advice on this site i am sorry because there are people on this BB with LOTS of experience in Poi and performing and have definitely helped me a lot so far,no hard feelings & happy swinging smileSimos

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
good point. A take advice from people i trust, and i form opinions on who i trust based on what they say, not there status. It doesn't matter at all what someones status is.

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
you become a senior member when you go above 30 posts. peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Simos- I didn't think I sounded bitter. I thought I said exactly what you said. Only I chose to use slightly different verbage. "The status of membership only indicates the number of posts a person has made. Not any particular seniority they should hold in anyone's opinion." Here I thought I was encouraging spiffspiff to form his own opinion of his fellow board members based on the reliability of their information, and not on the number of posts they'd made.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
i am glad we all agree then grin - Jesse and spiffspiff i apologise if i sounded 'bitter' myself - no hard feelings were intended, honestly!happy swinging to all,Simos

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
...and i do apologise again to make it stand out! (and don't go thinking i am posting this coz i am desperate to reach 1000 posts! grin )love, peace and happy swinging,Simos

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Simos- do you know something we don't? Is Malcom going to make you Grand Poo Bah member if you hit 1000 posts first?(And don't we at least get a sticker or something for getting 100 posts? Think of the carpel tunnel we're giving ourselves?!)-dance hard all.Jesse

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Malcolm is probably already thinking about banning me from this BB Jesse grin - oh look!!! another 2 posts and you are gonna become 'senior' too - and be labelled forever as a gas-bag as Diana put it! happy swinging!Simos

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You know....I am at 12? posts...a bumper sticker or a paintbrush for my body paint would be nice Malcolm (hint,hint) winkHowever, I hope to think I add something here but that doesn't necessarily mean I do. It's all in personal perspective. I also think I have fallen pray to the comfort of rambling to such a fun loving group of people at times. And hey, whether or not your opinion of me is good...I still post just to irritate you all!!! smile It's part of my diabolical scheme to see what a combination insanity and poi would make! (insert evil laugh here)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
I'm so excited!!! One more post and I'm a "gas-bag." Oh boy!!!

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
does a post mean a reply and starting a new topic, or just starting a new topic?-future gas bag

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
smitty - a post is either a reply to a topic or a post starting a new topic - both count towards your total.happy swinging,Simos

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
thanks simos, i kinda found out after i wrote it, stupid me

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok i found this old thread on a random search and i thought i'd revive it.

how does one become a senior member anywho? cause i'm over 200 posts and i can't change my name from member to something cool. not that it really matters all that much, but i wanna be cool like all the rest of the cool kids!

wow, i just noticed that the highest member number of all the people who posted on this before is 81. i feel like such a newbie

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
YOU feel like a newbie!!!!!!!!

there are at least five and a half thousand other people registered here between these guys and me!!

Do I get a T-shirt for that????

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
as malcolm said, you can change your member status if....

a) you reach 500 posts.

b) you give him lots of money.

happy?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Page: