Page:
Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
If a "proper" WW (waistwrap) is a butterfly/ ttn performed on both sides (btb in a front wall plane), with a 1bt carry btb in between. Then what is a WW weave? I cant fint it in "jillings".

I also couldn't find... a impossible WW.

Example :

Right hand btb untill its so far around that its in the front, and poi is in front wall plane. The left hand all the way round in front that it sticks out btb, that poi is btb plane. And then cycle through each plane, untill your hands are in the opposite position (to above) -> "Left hand btb untill its so far around that its in the front, ..."

"proper" split WW maybe?

Iv no idea, but i do know its hard! ANyone here claim it?

EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1110849300)

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
no i'm still twisting my body... and i can't remember but i think the end circles were thru wrapped/isolated depending on how good i did them. still harrrrrd though.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
lol PoiBoxII

Wot you don’t value technique? wink

This is really only learning how to draw swords, shoot arrows and learn two beat weaves.

later smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
dude I've just spelt it for you! Now get back there and edit it like a good boy! spank

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm with nix. that's what I understand and it's not too tough.
CAn also do figure 17.5 as a crosser with both arms behind back as split follow time..

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Dragon7

I think part of the problem lies in confusing 2 and 3 beat weaves.

Lets start by working through the normal waist wrap first, before we get to the full waist wrap.

I suggest it will be easier to learn this move if we stand still, and perhaps use a short pole or something instead of poi, so we don’t have to worry about chains, and can concentrate on the move.

The basic waist wrap is done in front of the body (aka the 123 carry). This is a two beat weave. We will do it in wall plane, going to the right, in split-time. Standing still with poi in hands. Hands just facing forward, like they would if holding a tray.

Start by taking the right hand behind the right hip, the left follows. With the right hand leading come back in front, cross and uncross in front of belly button.

The RIGHT hand leads into a circle behind the left hip, the left follows (this can be more difficult than it seems if you are used to 3 beat weaves).

Come out of the circle and then carry the poi, to start another front ww. In the carry the hands are not doing a weave (the poi are carried like I I). The right goes behind right hip to start again.

With the full waist wrap we link the "back waist wrap" to the "front waist wrap" instead of the carry, like the position shown in Fig 17.5.

LATE EDIT

So in the above example, instead of the carry. Take your left arm behind the back. The right arm goes to the right. The left meets the right to start the btb waist wrap. OK smile

Common problems would include:

Not having the right hand going behind the left hip.

Not carrying back to start another ww.

How did that go?
EDITED_BY: Stone (1110932657)

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Ive re-done my counting, and im wrong, the five carry would end one notch around from the move i first described, so your arm would streach found the front and round the back to come out infront.

and yes arashi, i recon it would have to be isolated and probibly trinity (the iso would help the plane break) I hurt my arm just trying to get into that position without poi! ubbloco

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Example :
Right hand btb untill its so far around that its in the front, and poi is in front wall plane. The left hand all the way round in front that it sticks out btb, that poi is btb plane.
Agirl does this move very well in col 5. I myself can reach behind my back untill the poi are in wall plane in front of me. Try the butterfly alternate at waist level and throw right poi from btb to catch in front of your body => then rt poi behind back to in front of body wall plane in frotn of you.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
ok...so i threw this clip together https://dragon7.spymac.net/nearimpossible.wmv

NEARLY nailed it! biggrin Got 1/2 of it both ways wink I nearly got impossible ww wohooo biggrin ubblol

Sry if its abit messy, i cant help myself. I always feel i have to throw in a 1 bt btb ubblol Its a lil hard to see but you should be able to decipher the hand positions. I'll post another clip with tail poi if its too hard to see. smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
incidentally, and very possibly offtopic , go and have a look at the conversation cole,fluff and i are having over [Old link]

smiles

R

um.

incidentally as far as i can see from text and video this is a relatively straightforward ww into 10bt standing skirt. no?(the ww is relatively straightforward, not the whole thingubblol , sorry if seeming arrogant)

confused
EDITED_BY: bluecat (1117546048)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
if its not, then is it the full-on (about to make up name ubbangel) 4pt skirt waistwrap? where you carry on your turn past the original waistwrap and put in the next side of it(hands all the way round and back in front and poi behind) on bothe sides?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
-------------------------

Name: Full-on (Low wave)

Family: Weave

Time: Follow time

De Plane: Wheel, Wall plane

Beat: 4B + 4B (10BBluecat:)

Technique: Skirt, waist wrap

Level: Advanced

Vid:

Dr4g0n7 https://dragon7.spymac.net/nearimpossible.wmv

----------------------

light,

:R
EDITED_BY: Richee (1117633922)

POI THEO(R)IST

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Thanks Richee! I have no idea about any techy fomation words smile Hence video ubbangel

Written by:

sorry if seeming arrogant

Blue

No way man, i totally hear you smile Id say "good" not arrogant wink ubblol And thanks for helping to define names you guys.

Im sooo stoked i can feel it. Its soooo close i can nearly touch it, but every time im just about nail it my muscle memory tells my arms to do something different and the bloddy things listen! ubblol

You know when your just about to get something big and you can feel your getting it and know that its just going to take time? But your going to crack it. And i feel like there are so many other ways to put it to use.

Add combos to combos untill you end up with some crazy super hyper combo that has so many different parts and single moves all stuck together. YYYYEAAAA BABY! Wohoooo

GTG SPIN bounce wow devil

Page: