Forums > Social Chat > What the world is coming to.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Right now im so incredibley sad.
So far in the past three days ive heard six stories of murder and one of a fight between two guys who tried to kill each other. (Using acid and an axe!!) eek
Last night i turned on the radio in my car and nearly cried. The headlines were: The war on Iraq, the micheal Jackson trial and a story about a bunch of kids who pretended to be friends with a boy then killed him frown
If its not bullies killing their victims it a husband butchering his wife frown frown Or a never ending political debate over something that could have been resolved by now.
Wheres the good news?
All of it makes me want to close my eyes and disappear. My work mate and I started talking about all this. We also got talking about how politicians are screwing us over and how the emphasis on money has made everything so messed up.
Its getting to the point where im actually trying to avoid the news and all political or social debates because my head wants to explode with sadness.
I hate looking around at society because it makes me so ashamed to be growing up in it! And i cant believe CHILDREN are getting away with bullying an killing and all this horrible stuff with only a few years in jail. Example, The kids mentioned before who pretended to be friends with a 16 year old were also 16. They decided to kill him because of rumours he wanted to go out with a girlfriend of one of the killers. They chased him and killed him with sythes (sp?) and laughed in court when this was described. They got 13 years. Now some people may think this is an ok sentance but i really dont considering their reactions in court. I cant believe the way the justice system works. I cant believe any of this at all. frown frown frown frown

Sorry, Im trying not to go off into a rant so thats all im saying.
Does anyone else ever get like this??

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
eek

I don't thrive on pissing anyone off!

I certainly don't do it for attention and I'm not silly enough to believe it is the only way to 'prove someone cares'.

But sometimes no matter how many ways I try, I don't seem to be able to get my point across and because I want to so badly, end up getting frustrated. Of course, what I need to do is take a breath and step back and approach it from a different way.

This didn't use to be the case until a couple of years ago when my confidence was badly shaken and I lost my grounding. I am well on the way to getting it back, but these things take time.

Getting to the other side smile

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Firepoise, sorry, my last reply was not aimed at you. hug
I was just asking in general. I have just encountered people in my life that have seemed that way.

So throwing tantrums or getting people mad is a confidence thing? confused

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Tis ok missus hug

I think so. At the minute.
Sounds bizarre, I know... not being able to express myself properly is really only something that has been a problem for me in the last couple of years and it's extremely frustrating.

I know it's my problem, but at the time i feel like 'but i have expressed this clearly, why don't you understand?!' - so it is like a temper tantrum, but one I will be able to control once I relearn how to communicate.

biggrin

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
have you tried looking at what you are saying from the other persons perspective? I've found that often helps to see what I am saying through the eyes of the person I'm talking to.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yes, I've tried that... but it's the confidence thing that's holding me back... I look at it from their perspective, but then lose faith in my reading of it and get all agitated... hence frustrated.

Tis ok, i just have to work on my confidence.

Page: