KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
my father recnetly only last year had suffered greatly at the hands of a few ignorant doctors, he infact spent a month in a drug induced coma and nearly died, only recetly has he started to regain his strength, i havent really had anybody to confine in about this and, well i am not asking for sympathy but more advice to help me get over this, i still get worried he might just turn arund and get ill again so any input would be apreciated

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I hope your father gets well again. hug
Bad doctors are the pitts, talk to your dad, see how he feels, tell him to think positive thoughts...sounds like a,load of but its not...
read my thread : Something to read if you're down.
It might help you...
Thoughts are with you

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I hope he gets better soon!

My father was in a similar situation last summer, feel free to PM me if you want, I'll see what I can offer in the way of advice and support!

hug hug hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'd make a little rant about socialized medicine, but that won't help your dad any so I won't.

my mother is in similar shape from different stuff, and not because of dovtor's screwing up (she is certainly better off for their excellent help in fact, and would probably be dead without them). What is different is that my mother will never get better, and all that can be done is to make her life longer and higher quality.

I don't have any advice for you. All I can say is I know it is rough for you, espcially since it seems like there are so few ways you can help your father. But being supportive and positive towards him is more important than anything else. A positive enviroment not only makes people get better faster, it makes them want to get better faster.

Give him your strength and then go to your friends or here when you are down and need to recharge. And don't feel guilty about taking time for yourself even if you think he needs you all the time, because you will be a much more positive influence if you are not constantly worn down by it all.

hug hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
I cant really give advice neither, but my thoughts are with you try to stay strong and be there for him but also take some time for yourself.... hug hug2 hug

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Rough times ahead. You have your Dad, make the most of it. Doctors need to know extraordinary amounts of stuff and see huge numbers of people and are also human. Stuff gets done wrong and its horrid when its you its happened to.

Have a think on what Vanize has said and make the time you have the best for you both. Its got to help recovery of him and you as well.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
I would just like to say it means alot to me to know that there are people i can talk to, some times i feel selfish worrying about how i feel i mean, i didnt go through what he whent through. but it is rough, and my dad is going through spasms of depression and taking it out on the fam' ill take all things into consideration and do my best to strengthen myself and my dad the best i can cheers

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"