newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
This show is being extended for 3 shows next weekend as well... 18, 19 and 20 (Friday Sat and Sun) March. There is no juggling or spinning or weight lifting/piercings craziness.. it ismore about manipulating minds, inner body (Space Cowboy is an amazing sword swallower) and ... metal.... blew us away.....

Byron Bay Community Centre Theatre 8 pm Friday 11th- Sunday 13th March

The tickets are $15. Peeps can book on 0266855659 smile

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1110725378)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Oooooo!
I saw that show at glasto couple of years ago. They were amazing, the stuff tehy cud do with nipple piercings and washing machines... really, the only way to describe it is 0.o

Any peeps close by to this shud go... they use angle grinders and stuff smile biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey FRD,
Yes indeed you are thinking of the Happy Sideshow... and it is indeed the same Space Cowboy, in a solo incarnation. He will, I suspect, focus more on his 'mentalism' manipulation in this one. Some of which is 'magic' that I've seen other people do... some of which is utterly unique and very challenging. And it is he of the piercings indeed. And the utterly astonishing sword/neon light etc swallowing... . He does internal isolations to enable him to swallow things I wouldn't particularly want in my car, let alone down my throat! Do not try this at home stuff......

fiendishMember
51 posts

Posted:
Yeah I saw the happy sideshow in Adelaide at the Fringe fest.
Definiteley the cutting,grinding edege of side show performance.
Never b'fore have I sat through an entire performance from start to finish on the edge of my seat.

sorry I won't be there to see it.

"Aaah fire. Scourge of Prometheus,toaster of marshmallows & irradicator of small children..." SideshowBob.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
last fringe we hung out with flame oz and the happy sideshow in the botanic gardens, i remember shane juggling and cracking three whips at the same time .......... yeeeeeeeeeep thats just a whole other level of crazy hardness.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Any peeps close by to this shud go... they use angle grinders and stuff

Please excuse my ignorance... can anyone tell me what exactly an angle grinder is? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and I have no clue. My mates thinks it's something to do with either hang gliding or scaffolding but that doesn't sound so exciting, and you seem very excited by these angle grinders...? confused

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
This is an angle grinder:

Non-Https Image Link

Aside from the boring and mundane uses of them, this is what you do with one (assuming that you know how to do it properly of course):

Non-Https Image Link

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
thats exactly what they were doing! But the guys were getting so cloes to the sparks.. it was insane!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
HANG ON HANG ON!!!! The (GREAT!!) photo and all refs to angle grinders relate to what Tiger Lil ( the woman in the photo) was doing with the Happy Sideshow... which is the group the Space Cowboy also used to belong to... they don't be happening at the moment..In this show Space Cowboy is concentrating on his mentalism/ metal bending and sword swallowing.. it is an altogether quieter affair than the Happy Sideshow( which was indeed extreme!!!!)
FYI, HS fans.... Lil is now studying dance and Captain Frodo has joined Circus Oz.....

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Is this the same Space Cowboy who has angel wings tattooed on his back? (He had them done when it was still original).

His was yet another act I missed seeing at Lizard Eclipse '99 (Juno Reactor being the big one), because I spent the whole week in the juggling tent. I think he was picking up car batteries with his willy eek The kids loved that one umm

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Space Cowboy does things with cutlery that make me doubt the nature of reality

he totally totally rocks

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

Is this the same Space Cowboy who has angel wings tattooed on his back? (He had them done when it was still original).

Indeed and a little bird tells me he will be at Woodford this year... wink