Forums > Social Discussion > Heartfelt post to the New Generation

Login/Join to Participate

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I've just been having a little correspondence with Valura who had made a comment about 'our babies taking over the world'. So I wrote to her:

" I took a photo at juggle jam a few weeks ago of 4 kids.. Kyle McLean, my boy Davey Knoxious, Lukey (travelling from England) and my flatmate. .. all of whose Mums were friends... 25 years ago .....so guess what! Our kids ARE taking over the world !!!!!! And with what style!

Valura thought that was cool and suggested I tell the rest of you. And it made me think about things. So I just wanted to say this.

Being an 'old hippie', peace once upon a time I had dream, like a lot of my generation, about how people could be in the world. Even though the "world" itself was by and large destructive and insane, people didn't have to be. There were all sorts of thoughts about community, creativity, the power of profound harmlessness. And of course the necessity of radical hair.

Now I look around me and I see this New Generation.. and so many of them (you) are just so so beautiful! So many have picked up on (or reinvented, or found for themselves) what my lot were trying to do, and run with it, and are just so much better at it than we ever were. At everything! Communicating, relating, playing, making music, making things happen in strange and dangerous times. Being nice to yr mums. And what great hair!!
I love you to bits for it. ubblove

Even if I was to fall over and die tomorrow, I feel that my purpose in the world has been fulfilled, that my heart intention has taken root and is growing growing growing in you wonderful folks. If hippies have become HoPpies so much the better. I don't feel a 'generation gap' like we used to talk about..... I feel connected included and grateful and fulfilled!!!! thankx
Oh dear what an old sop I am. I'm having a 3 Kleenex moment here!!!! rolleyes Better go make a nice cup of tea.

hehe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh that is so beautiful...

I love the way that the generations have connected again .. from all over the world to come together and spin... that must have been mind blowing for you! Definatly a soul group that you have there ... and so much to learn off each other too!!

I strive to find the quiet spirit side of myself, but I seem to have lost the way at the moment. I am in dire need of some healing and relaxation with no stress!!! meditate
anyone up for Byron tomorrow? biggrin

I love the way that HOP brings us all together to share ideas and even to find our soul mates. I have never had friends in my life like the ones I have met from Hop. hug

Thanks so much for the warm fuzzys Gabe!! I really need the positive stuff right now!!

By the way... I like knox's hair too!! biggrin

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
You know what makes me feel funny... When HoPers take time out to visit us on glowsticking.com... because it's like one peace and love and dancing hippie generation talking to another peace and love and dancing raver generation.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Wowsers, the time it takes to make a cuppa and there's 2 replies! clap Bring it on! And, Valura, I am going down to Byron on Saturday to see the Space Cowboy's show on Saturday night... there's a benefit for Ganga Giri too on the Friday. SO if you want to connect and have a spin on the beach, let's do it!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

yay smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

Wowsers, the time it takes to make a cuppa and there's 2 replies! clap Bring it on! And, Valura, I am going down to Byron on Saturday to see the Space Cowboy's show on Saturday night... there's a benefit for Ganga Giri too on the Friday. SO if you want to connect and have a spin on the beach, let's do it!

Oh I would totally love to but I will be stuck in a call centre being a robot on saturday... otherwise I would!! Maybe we will be able to see you soon though... we do frequant a lot of the same places!! hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
lol it seems you can't mention hippies these days without mention of psytrance.

..and llamas

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Psy trance.. ah now, that's where I get off! Went to the Exodus festival, which had a lovely bunch of spinners and beautiful music by the lake. But the main dance night.. omigod... there are more possibilities to a bass line than 10 hours of the same 'note'! And some folks who broke the rooools and had their own sound systme in the camp grounds!! It was like listening to someone else's headache!!!! Make that migraine. A three day one! spank

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
dats beautiful Gabe hug

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
Woah, amazing. We (speaking as the younger generation, being 18) usually only get told how lousy and lazy and shifty we all are. but I say that if only one man thinks we're not bad people, I'm gonna go with it biggrin

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
peace clap peace
Those are some really touching thoughts Gabe. Your love for others, yourself and the world is just fantastico. Dave, you are such a lucky human bean to have sprouted where you did.

As far as the four of us randomly finding eachother, I should point out that none of this was planed from outer space, and that our rendezvous does *not* herald in the dreaded phase three of a diobolical intergalactic plot. There is no cause for alarm.

Big hug for Valura. Might be up for a bay trip, I'll give you a buzz later.

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
Gabe many our thanx go to you coz you were the ones that made a start to what we are today..: ) and we will be the ones to give our ideas to our children and they to their children and hopefully someday, tho Kyle says otherwise, it will be a big intergalactic plot for the hippies to finally take over..; )

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Phew, that was a close one. The cosmic hippie agenda continues...
eekDid I post that or think it?

A) it does feel as good

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhh, deep down, I knew it was all about the hair.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
now matter how much we evolve as a species, how much cancer we can cure, how much poverty we can eliminate, how much world peace we can make, both hair and music will never be as good as it was in the 80s ubblove

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
yeah baby. I recall at one point in the 80's my hair was in corn rows to the back, with a spiked fringe STICKING UP and a shaved band around the top. Looked like my headphones had radiated my head!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
haha! indeed! biggrin

Although i was quite young... angel2

That's beautiful, Gabe! Such a sought after ideal is reality for you hug

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hehe i can sort of picture it but really cant, have u got a photo? u know u wanna share smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: bender™

lol it seems you can't mention hippies these days without mention of psytrance.

..and llamas

Yeah, I got a fever, and the only prescription is more llamas smile

Lucky not all children rebel against their parents I reckon.
It'd be a shame if people with hippy parents turned into anti-hippies when they inherit the world.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
its all about the hippys. if you look at any other culture they all really, really, really SUCK.

nice words gabe at least someone is talking about the good that kids are doing.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
It's quite a big world.
wink

A) it does feel as good

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
awwwww gabe ya sweety! hug ubblove .....ya gonna make me cry! biggrin

...I love seeing the connection between you and dave (and the rest of us young'ns wink ) such a beautiful mother son relationship.... hug .:*

YOU ROCK GABE

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Stainless MunchkinMaster of the Munchkins
246 posts

Posted:
u guys all sound so cool, i wud hav luved to be around in the hippie age, although hippie stuff is kinda comin back into fashion no1 really thinks like a hippie, but i think it is well cool

Are you that clever that you smile forever? biggrin

What's from the Earth is of the greatest worth