Forums > Social Chat > Add pictures to your posts

Login/Join to Participate

moonglowBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
oh my god! whats he spinning there? thats the most flame Ive seen in one circle before .. can anyone shed any light on how its done? .. short of saturating the poi and spinning off the excess kero once its lit?coooolDean

I wish I could jump like that, he thought. Some can and some can't. That's how it is.
Winne-the-Pooh.

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
looks like multiple wicks on each chain to me. very sweet.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
The amazing Fiery Wings Of Death as seen here are not my idea but my invention. I the only set I've ever seen apart from mine were being used by a street performer in the Edinburgh Festival in 1998. They're enormous fun to use and have amaxing sound and heat but the only thing is you cannot stop moving at all cos the handles are two inches away from the flame. To see them in action have a look at the video clip from the Beltane fire society in the competition section. Full construction details to follow, these are real paraffin guzzlers by the way.

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Ok, ok i know this post is like a year and a half old, but i REALLY needed to re-open it, because i need help!!Sure, it says we can post pics on our posts, using UBB code, but... What the hell does THAT mean??!! HOW, exactly, for us domkops (not so smart people) do you put a pic in your posts?Peace out------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ave a peek at this: https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/ubbcode.html
and it should explain all. There's a link to this page from next to the textarea you write posts in. From a web designer point of view it's always interesting to see how often people don't see links and content on web pages!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I dunno if its my browser or if the pics are no longer on the server but I cannie see them, sorry.N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
OH RIGHT!! Funny... I never bothered reading that before!! Oh well. Now, let's see if this works...Here goes... [image]https://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/theschoolofsorcery/Magickal+Graphics/Lil+Magickal+Person.gif?bc8Bun8A_FCMJOqq[/image] ------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
WOOOHHOOO!!!!! Thanx man!! Yeah!!Runs off to celebrate------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
yo why don't any of these pictures show up on my computer???*Runs of crying uncontrollably, feeling all left out of the new 'picture posting hype'*------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Or mine?!!! I can't see them either!!! Another question: In order to send pictures, do they have to be at a web address on a site, or can I post them from my desk top, like I can through email?

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Both pictures in this thread aren't working anymore, so that's why you can't see them.Dibs, lass. They have to be on the internet somewhere for you to link to them. Like at https://www.mysmilies.com/
which will even give you the code to copy and paste into your message. Simple, once you know how.

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Yeah, the fact that pics have to already be on the web is a pain, cos I wanted to put up a couple of my double headed glo-poi.. they look sooooooo good!!Any ideas of where I can stick them? grinTom

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Um, maybe it's just me, but i can still see my picture fine!! Why do you say it isnt working??Yeah, this picture was already uploaded on the net when i found it, so that's why it worksPeace out------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
The problem is that many/most free webservers will not let you link directly to images stored on their sites (eg yahoo, geocities and many more).Ideally you need your own domain name, or find a server that lets you link to an image.If the image is in your cache then it will still show on this page.[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 27 March 2002).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Gloworm.. hit refresh and watch the picture disappear.. thats what i did wink

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Glow- maybe because the pic is on Yahoo groups. If you've got a Yahoo login cookie you've got permission to see it. Other people ain't. Or it's Bendy's reason. It's a complx teknikal web servery thingy.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Oh my god! I am sooooooo confused. I'm a failure. I can't figure this out. Someone list a place where I can set my pictures on the web and then issue them here. PWEES?!!! I fear my brain is about to explode.

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Tom- I hit refresh... Nope, i can still see it!!Dibs - Im with you on that one! i wanna see my own pics!! Can any of you internet boffs help me out with something: Imbedding an image on a web page. I dont seem to be able to do it, because i dont know where you have to put the pic in order to type the location. Does that also have to already be on the web?? If not, how do i get the pic to become part of the page? Of should i just use microsoft front page, instad of notepad, to make it easier for myself?Whew!! What a load!!------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
GlowWorm- I can see your picture again confusedThere used to be a link to some MSN HoP community thingy in someone's signature here (I think it was Durbs, but I'm probably wrong) where I think anyone could post pictures.. anyone now where it is?

Soularmember
7 posts

Posted:
Tomi think this might be where you are talking abouthttps://communities.msn.com/PoiStaffandallthingsfirey------------------And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Soular - Your link doesnt work!!! (or is it just me??) I really wanna see what you're talkin about!! Do you think you could check it?? smilePeace------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles

Soularmember
7 posts

Posted:
Glowworm it works for me but i have a hotmail account. you might need to sigh up for msn passport thingy go to https://communities.msn.com
and see if you need to sign up for passport wich allows you to log on to the communities with any email address you choose not just a hotmail or msn account. but when you do that if you do that join the community much like the way you joined this one and then it will allow you to upload as much as 3mb worth of pictures or whatever and this space is allocated to all who join. its not my community though and i hope durbs doesnt mind me posting all of this but it was an open community and when i have some pics i plan to post them there. anyway if you tell me what happens when you click on the link above it might give me a better idea of what you need to do.L8RSoular------------------And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

NightRunnermember
20 posts

Posted:
As to your embedding and posting questions, dibs & glow: If your into hard coding, images are embedded in hyper text files (HTML) using tags. Tags are enclosed in angle braces (< and > ). They consist of a opening tag and a closing tag. For example, centering an object or text field would be surrounded by "center" tags,
Text to center...
In the same way, image embedding is acomplished with IMG tags, save that they specify parameters, such as location of image, height, width. Since all the parameters are contained within the first set of angle braces, they do not generally require end tags. For example, for a local image. Links follow much the same syntax. They use the A tag,
Non-Https Image Link
NightRunner------------------"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It's the rhythm of your life. It's the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy." ~Jaques D'ambroise

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That's it. Keep it nice and simple so everyone can follow it.

Meh

Soularmember
7 posts

Posted:
in reference to NightRunner's repy i have dreamweaver with a crack(it generates a key so you can use it forever) if anyone wants itemail me.