Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Who here can do btl butterfly?
I was thinkign iw as wierd cos i could do it...never seen it before until tonight...in a pic...

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hiya Sakura_moon

You can do them from front to back and vise versa, and change the timings and stuff too if you want to play around.

There's a few vids of folk doing them, in the COL's too I think. Hard to make look pretty but good for going into forwards rolls etc

smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Hard to make look pretty

Dunc

I totally agree, if u cant make something look good cut it out! In saying that, there could be someone out there who performs it and dosn't look like they are trying to take a....

I think 1 poi btl can still be performed in style, 2 is much harder.
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1110318662)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Well, it does leave room for a Michael Jackson type flourish,,,,if you're so inclined..but I've never liked this move either.

You know what looks way prettier? just work a utl circle into your three beat weave...go under the right leg,,,then go under the left leg...either just lifting your leg straight up or arcing it in from the outside...

Try passing one poi utl,,,, and pulling a 180 degree turn,,,,now do another one in the same direction,,,or go back the way you came.

1,803 posts

Posted:
Yes...i understand exactly what you're saying....lol ill get it.
Ive been told my btl looks alright, from btl i pull my poi upwards and do a "michael jackson flourish" intop a backwards weave. It makes for a good time waster during a guitar solo for the song or something....
FUN...hard but fun

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I have a small video of an ULT butterfly. Well actually an ult 4 beat butterfly weave. But it starts with an ult butterfly.

It's in my member gallery.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7009

I love all moves ult/blt whatever you want to call it. Remember that anything ult or even in general that can be done one way, can be done in reverse. Some directions may be harder, but all can be achieved.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1110331999)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

1,803 posts

Posted:
You going to alexandra grdns on sunday?

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
That's a great vid ataxia,,,that's the kind of utl move I like,,,the lift one leg and spin under it type. it's the other, the type where you thrust both poi between the legs and,,,, well let's just say I think it looks like I've had some kind of embarassing and painful accident..

I'll check out the rest later,,,HOP seems to be going through a slow connection phase this evening

beerchug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
shorten them poi!
it allows a greater margin for error!!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

1,803 posts

Posted:
I do! Are you going to alexandra grds on sunday?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
man btl is sooo much fun...

and btl is just utl wallplaned.. so I don't really see how one can prefer one over the other.. perhaps prefering one under to two under? But I prefer the two under thing.. but I prefer to use various alternating reel patterns for my two poi btl stuff.. I mean a btl btb weave just looks like your spinning poi with hands coming out yo' bootay..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Ive always preferred one under instead of both and because of that, I usually prefer utl over btl. Theres really only 1 double BTL move I do regularly which I got off Skunk. Its the behind the back double btl chase (the one where your arms are BTB and your poi come out the front).

Ive always just found single poi UTL the most fun cuz its more comfortable and versatile than BTL. Ive been working on some nice UTL combos and even UTL butterfly crossers. Still have yet to find much use for BTL stuff.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'll be at alexandra gardens this weekend. There is actually a thread about this day (Melbourne Sunday twirling) in the Gatherings section.
Single/double poi under the leg, it's all fun. ULT with two poi is a obviously harder, but it's also harder to integrate into a rountine without making it more staccato (stop/start). However there are always times within a routine that moves should flow, and moves should be clearly seperate from each other. At least that's what I think.
The best thing about ULT is that it forces movement and that's gotta be good.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Just thought, when I mean 2 poi ult, I dont mean simulatenously, I'm not the biggest fan of that. I mean as one poi exits ult, the other poi enters.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:

two poi btl can be loads of fun.. but as I said before.. you have to have them alternating.. whihc means one from the front and one frm the back.. and they operate like reels..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown