zoldrinBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Greetings all,

I have only been spinning for about 5 days now, but I am interested to know peoples favourite spinning songs around here.

I like Dennis Coffee's 'Scorpio' for general practicing, for its awesome break beat and instrumental break, and catchy guitar riffs. It has a constant and throbbing rhythm!

But 'Touched' by VAST is a song I am working with for a performance. It has brilliant steady and prominent rhythm, but has an awesome dark and mystic kind of feel. Also ethnic choir vocals!

I prefer songs with a great beat, but something more interesting and diverse than just techno. I'm really interested in egtting into more dancy kinda moves, rather than just standard spinning.

What are you're favourite spinning songs?

Regards, Owl.

EDITED_BY: owl (1110283010)

TreeTopzSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
personally, i do like the techno-touch to spinning. I just got Nik Fisch - Live in Berlin the other day. one song on that cd (Track 2 on disc 2 i think) is absolutely incredible to spin to. other than that, i enjoy some chillout tunes, etc. also reccomend Enigma - Matrix II Trance.
Trance is easily the best tekkaz to listen to while spinnin

-TT

No Burning, No Learning

FathomSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
hmm i definatly have to agree the Trance is top to spin to. anything energetic with a steady beat works for me. try chicane or john digweed. or if you can spin fast smile try happy hardcore/uk hardcore.

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

Elemental666GOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
I'm playing with wraps, stops and stalls at the moment. I find John Denver to be very inspiring in this excursion. His music make me wanna set myself on fire...

Ok, I'm kidding...

Beats are aural treats and I likes em all. Though i started spinning to the Floyd (Darkside of the Moon and Pulse) the other day, the varied tempo and measures make for some interesting timing. Its helped me figure out how to get from one plane to another in a hurry and helped to teach me about planning ahead a move or two...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oh my god.

How has this managed to stay here for over 24 hours without getting locked?

eek

Hello everyone,

This topic has been covered (seriously) hundreds of times here on HOP.

It wont be the last time it will be asked either.

So instead of having duplicate threads, can you all just post in one thread, the address of which will come shortly.....cos I cant actually find it at the moment.

Thank all you lovely people.

zoldrinBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Ease up dude,

You're the first person to express such an opinion on this thread, as opposed to three others who are happy to tell me their favourite songs.

What harm is done by creating a new thread for such a topic? After all, new songs are being published every day and peoples opinions change.

If you don't want to perpetuate this thread, why make a response at all? Why not just PM a moderator and have it locked or removed?

So why don't you tell me your favourite twirling songs?

Regards, Owl.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Well you could've found out 5000 things people liked to spin to by searching for any of those threads which would probably have been easier smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: owl

What harm is done by creating a new thread for such a topic? After all, new songs are being published every day and peoples opinions change.

the reason is because when people do a search for this topic, rather then one result that contains all the relevant opinions, you get a whole bunch of threads with all those opinions spread out.

if you do a search on the title of your thread ("spinning music"), it'll come up with a good few old threads that you can add your favourite spinning music to, without creating another duplicate thread about the same thing.
plus there's loads of people's opinions already there for you to read through - its like lots of answers to your question from lots of hoppers smile

[Old link].

hope that makes sense and sorry if we sound militant about keeping things tidy wink hug2

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"You're the first person to express such an opinion on this thread, as opposed to three others who are happy to tell me their favourite songs."

and the person with 13 posts only has 0.16% of the number of posts I do. wink

and I the fact I actually bothered to work that out, just shows how sad I truely am. rolleyes

hug2

*dusts down Cole*

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I have a suggestion,,,why don't we take all relevant threads and lump them together under one big thread? The music ones are a prime example,, just make one big What Do You Twirl To? thread, pin the sucker up on the social discussion board and leave it.

We could have a five beat weave thread, a reverse five beat weave thread, a dance thread, you get the idea.

Time after time ,,I see people come onto these boards, ask a question, get told to do a search,,,and poof,, they're gone. Where did they go?? Maybe they figured learning to spin poi was too much work, and gave up after a week....or....maybe they just wanted to say something....anything...to get themselves up on the boards and maybe find some common ground with the established posters.

Now you spinners in the U.K have it good, there seems to be a large community and people are willing to share their knowledge, but many other parts of the world aren't so lucky. There's lots of lone spinners on here they've just discovered poi/ staff,,,,and they're pumped....they want to come on here,,,maybe ask a question,,,,maybe make some sort of statement concerning these arts,,,,,get told "it's been done before" go look for it,,,well so much for their input.

What we really need is a space for those people who've gone through the online lessons and need help putting the collection of moves together into a coherent dance or routine. I have an idea for the ultimate tutorial video for people at this stage of their spinning lives, I just don't have the resources to record or host it

And what's with the post count thing anyway,,,UCOF you have about 7800 posts...in what? three years?..that works out to about 7 posts per day,,,every day

How sad am I for working that out?? wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Not as sad as me for working that out last week wink

old_school_heronewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I have to agree with the vast majority of people
there is nothing like tranc eto spin to.
i just bought dj tiesto's parade of athletes and it is amazing

but in realityt the best stuff to spin to is anything that makes you want to move. if you feel like you could dance all night listening to it then try it out. i bet you will be happy with it

zoldrinBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Okay, now I understand why your oposed to having new threads about old topics.

But it is intersting: by me not having made the new thread, and instead adding to an existing one, I am benefiting other people like me who are being told to search for said old thread? :-S

The problem is, as Coleman and UCOF put it, that people will keep making new threads regardless.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions,

Regards, Owl.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

hug2

Elemental666GOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
UCOF et. al.
so um, if I search up an old thread that has to do with my topic and get berated for reviving a dead thread, may I direct them to you?

Last night I turned off the music and spun to the sound of my chattering teeth...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Why would you get berated for resurrecting an old thread?

Surely, if anyone does give you a poke, send them to me.

My bodyguards can take care of them.

Non-Https Image Link

Here you can see them protecting Eric the Wonder Pig.

Im still awaiting a PM from one of the mods saying which thread to use. As soon as that comes back, I shall tell you. Until then, I believe that Coleman has bumped probably the best thread that you could use, at the time being.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: Elemental666

UCOF et. al.
so um, if I search up an old thread that has to do with my topic and get berated for reviving a dead thread, may I direct them to you?

yes.
definitely.

ubblol at the teeth chattering business.

grouphug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: owl

Ease up dude,

You're the first person to express such an opinion on this thread, as opposed to three others who are happy to tell me their favourite songs.

If you don't want to perpetuate this thread, why make a response at all? Why not just PM a moderator and have it locked or removed?

So why don't you tell me your favourite twirling songs?

Regards, Owl.

I'm not allowed to say anything. I'm not allowed. My head hurts. I must go.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]