lurker
380 posts

Posted:
::: Transformus - the SouthEast Regional Burn :::
https://www.transformus.com
"Fire on the Mountain"
-- (copied directly from their website) --

When?
Mysteria rises July 22nd thru July 24th!!

Where?
Transformus will be held in the little piece of mountain paradise known as Deerfield's. The site is a beautiful 900+ acres of private land, nestled ridgeline to ridgeline, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, 30 minutes south of Asheville, NC ...

Who?
YOU! Transformus is all-inclusive, with one important exception: This is a participants only event. A few of us good burning souls have been plotting and planning for months to get this thing off the ground. We need more of us to pull it off! Check out our Participation and also our Volunteers pages for more info on how you can get involved.

All meetings are open to everyone, so please come out! The planning group for Transformus is open to everyone who wants to help. You can get on the bus by joining our new community forums here: https://www.transformus.com/bb

What?
Transformus is a place for radical self expression, and an experiment in temporary community building. This is the place for you to come out and express yourself! There is no paid entertainment at Transformus... the entertainment is YOU (and all your freaky friends, of course)!

Phlorida Phamily served it up in style at the Built to Burn Pallet Bar, which served as the de-facto heart of downtown Mysteria. photo by Gizmo, representin Lil Puffy Yellow.
Transformus is a strictly non-commercial / leave-no-trace event, and is a sincere experiment in Gift Economics. No cash transactions are permitted on grounds, and even barter is discouraged. If you need it, ask! If you have it, gift it! There is no "consumerist consumption" at Transformus, and as such, you will find no concession stands, vendor tents, or garbage cans (there will be, however, ample porta-potties!). Pack it in, pack it out. Come Bearing Gifts. Leave No Trace.

The Transformus Festival is being organized by... YOU!

Tickets --
https://www.transformus.com/tickets.shtm

Suggested donation levels:

* $28 for adults (age 18 and up)
* $18 for kids (age 8 - 17, must be accompanied by adult)
* FREE for kids under 8 (but they still need a ticket!)

Transformus is a non-commercial, not-for-profit, private event. All ticket donations and fundraising proceeds are used to aid in the formation and sustainability of the temporary community that is the City of Mysteria.

Tickets are limited. Suggested donation levels will increase closer to event date, so be sure to get yours early! Early ticket purchases also allow us to plan better for porta-potties, etc. 100% of proceeds are funnelled back into the community.

-- 8< -- ubbrollsmile -- 8< ---

be der! i'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, but there are ample means to contact the organizers directly on transformus.com if you have questions. peace!

weavesmiley

-- dut

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I'll be there! Fire artists are encouraged to join the Fire Keepers (a.k.a. Moonshiners, a.k.a. Lamplighters) camp. Responsibilities include: lamp lighting, the fire march, fire safety patrol and manning the fire performance area. It would also be nice if you would bring spare poi and help out with the fire workshop. Riz (Fire by Riz) is the go to guy if you want to join up.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
that sounds very cool. finnally an event i dont have to get on an air plane for. sounds like a burningman set up. is this the first one?

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
The second one and it is a regional burn, just like Burning Man but in the mountains\woods. Bonus, they have a killer swimming hole with one bad azz rope swing!

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Bump!

Just a friendly reminder to all poi and fire people, tickets for Transformus are scheduled to go on sale April 1st. All ticket sales will be held online at: https://www.transformus.com

The word is that there will be a 1000 ticket cap and no tickets will be sold at the gate so if you are even considering going I would recommend getting your tickets early.

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
whos going? anyone? anyone? bounce

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Just over a month away now and things are coming together. I've completely lost count of all the fire performers planning on attending. I hear there may even be a few large fire cannons showing up this year.

If anyone feels creative, the word is this years big thing is going to be art boats. Much like the art cars of the playa. I think a few of them will even incorporate some type of fire.

Tickets are still readily available so get yours today. This is one event not to be missed if you are in the eastern U.S.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
* Bump * and update.

Ticket sales will end on July 17th so get yours before then, they say tickets will not be sold at the gate. You can show up as early as the weekend before the 23rd and stay a few days after if you so desire, I know I will.

We are definitely going to be bigger than PDF and have burners from all over the U.S. You can get the latest info on Transformus at these sites:

https://www.transformus.com
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/transforma/
https://transforma.tribe.net/?_click_path...%5D&r=10525

Bring your fire and bring your freak.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
*Bump* again and another update

At last check, we have fire artists and troupes coming from all corners of the US: California, Texas, Florida and New York to name a few. Transformus is getting bigger by the minute.

REMEMBER, get your tickets by July 17th!

Here is a map of the area: https://www.transformus.com/areamap2.htm
How to get there: https://www.transformus.com/directions.shtml
The June newsletter can be found here. https://www.transformus.com/TransformusNewsletter.html

Hope to see you on the mountain.

Non-Https Image Link

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
ok, so ive got my tickets. im very pumped. whats the deal with fire spinning. i think ill be staying with a group of folks from asheville that i havent met yet. its all very loose as of right now. anyway, im assuming its not going to be free spin anywhere, any time like BRC because of the location (forest instead of desert). im planning on bring my toys, fuel, a small fire extinguisher, towels, standard stuff. anything else i need for spinning?

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Sweet, bring it all! We'll have extra equipment there as well.

Last year it was free spinning but I think that got the land owners nervous. This year we are only allowed to spin fire in designated areas, namely the Fire Keepers camp and the fire circle before the man burns. The Fire Keepers camp should be open to everyone for fire spinning anytime (assuming we have at least one designated safety person). If you want to be part of the fire circle (around the man Saturday night), just swing by the Fire Keepers camp and sign up for the pre burn meeting.

I'll be up there Thursday through Monday or maybe Tuesday. I can't wait to get this show on the road. I hope Dut makes it up there too, I need to see those crazy butterfly combos again. biggrin

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
well, my packing list is made and im very pumped. 3 questions for those who have been to deerfields before...
1. should i bother bringing my powerisers?
2. what didnt you bring last year that you wish you had.
3. what did you bring last year that you didnt use.

well, other than that i guess ill see you all soon.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
1. YES!
2. More dry clothes, towel\swimsuit, more blinky glowing stuff, more tarps & rope.
3. Cell phone (no reception)

I went up there last weekend to help set up and things are looking impressive. There are a lot more mosquitos this year but not as much mud. The weather looks like it will be nice with only a few isolated showers.

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
*Update*

Ticket sales spiked in the last few days. 800+ tickets have been sold and we are expecting more to show up at the gates, talk about insane! I'm heading out there tomorrow to see what further help I can offer.

Please stop by the Fire Keepers camp and help out with the poi\staff\etc. workshops. I'll be bringing a bunch of practice poi and a few to give away to prospective spinners.

The Palette bar (Part of the Fire Keepers Camp) is requesting a gift of a bottle of booze, mixer and bag of Ice to keep things rolling. They are an icon at Transformus and absolutely worthy of such gifts.

Let the madness begin!

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
i know im cutting it short but can i still camp witht he fire keepers? if so, do i just show up or what?

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Yep, just show up. They are planning 60+ people in their area so you might have to cram in. There will be plenty of nice camping spots all over if you want a little more space but you might have to hike in your gear.

I'll probably be camping with Big Puffy Yellow (next door to the Palette Bar) at the big white raveish geo dome.