Forums > Social Chat > bad day - anyone got a hug for me?

Login/Join to Participate

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Prepare for a rant... I'd complain to someone else, but my friends are either away for work or have gone out, even the ones that seem to spend their life on msn usually!! Sorry.

I had a really really bad night, lots of nightmares etc, woke up at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep until it was time to get up. Then came home and got annoyed about my flatmate (for lots of small stuff that just keeps adding up, nothing that's actually worth mentioning or even getting angry about, but you know when you have a really bad day you sometimes can't help it?)

Then phoned my parents; they were supposed to come and visit me on Easter (I moved over to the UK nearly a year before, and have been home 3 times since cause they keep saying they miss me, but it is starting to get a bit expensive and I have more stuff to do here now, so I said they should come and visit me, see how I live etc). They couldn't come visit before, cause there are some family problems that make it hard for them to go away for very long, however they did go on walking-trips lasting a few days (which is all I'm really asking for) three times last year. Then it was "can't come on Easter, will come 2 weeks later", and now they can't come there because my mum has to sell stuff at the church flea market (!). So I hung up on her telling her to stay at home and not bother redface

I'm feeling crap about that now, but I'm really so angry, and I was in a bad mood already frown I know I've over-reacted, and all this is really ridiculous and I shouldn't waste your time with it frown Bah. Any recommendations or opinions? (or a hug or two?)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

alvheidfairy of light
163 posts

Posted:
hug hug

Luke sum ipse patrem te.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
aww, baby. I'm sorry things are poo-y. lots of cuddles for you hug hug hug hug hug hugand a kiss for good measures kiss
sometimes when things are all dodgy, it's satisfying to have a good old fashioned sulk. so i suggest you stomp around the house and slam doors.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
many big huge hugs for you on a bad day
hug

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug xxx

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
hug

I shall make you a tantrum mat for when you need to vent frustration at the world being poo. here you go:

Non-Https Image Link

As for hanging up on your mum, I think you should take some time to calm down (go have a hot bath or something nice) then maybe tomorrow call her back, apologise and explain that amongst other things going on in your day, you are upset that they aren't visiting you.

Real hugs when I see you
xx

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys... everything's fine again on the family front, called them right after posting here (I'm VERY quick at getting angry AND calming down, luckily). My dad kind of said he understood, and they are going to visit after all. I wonder if that counts as emotional blackmail on my part...?

Oh, and had the hot bath as well biggrin

It's really good the flatmate's out tonight, or she would find me even weirder now than she already does for playing with fire and planning to run around on a hill in bodypaint and a loincloth wink

So JUST when I thought everything was fine I got a letter from uni computing saying my email account would be cancelled in the next 2 months because I'm more than 2 months after the end of my course (which has started last April and goes on until 2007!!!!!). So now I'm slightly worried; it's not the first time uni would get stuff about my course, my fees, my name or my address wrong, and I really hope I've not been silently ex-matriculated! We'll have to find out on Monday though. Maybe it's just some weirdos hacking the system and sending everyone emails to scare them wink

EDIT: Before I forget it, here is the description of my dream job:

The tiny little guys in hell who spend all day on a table eating finger food, drinking dark red wine and deciding how to make people's lives more difficult. I might be good at that, and I'd like to see it from the other side for a change ubbloco I could even be an anti-PA!
EDITED_BY: Birgit (1109981356)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hug hug2 awwww its not your fault, dont stress. im sure your mum will understand.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
hug yeah, I know what you mean about the uni.. I was forced to go into an advanced japanese course when i didn't even have the skills for it. Somehow got through a year of it, now they won't let me change courses!

Things seem to be okay now with your parents. Parents can be strange creatures sometimes. ubbloco

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I got one of those emails too and it paniced me as well
so a reassuring hug for us both then smile

funky_hatseating apples with chopsticks can be rather difficult
167 posts

Posted:
hug hug2 grouphug hug2 hug
.... lots of huggies.... smile

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear everything is better again. Sometimes things just kinda go nuts and whatnot and you shut-down for a little bit, it healthy. Just relax and let yourself be sad for a little bit, then go out and have a good time and come home feeling all peachy-keen again.

::huggles:: love love ^_^

Don't mind me, just passing through.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
glad everything is ok now

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Hee hee tantrum mat!
hug

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the hugs biggrin biggrin

On the subject of computing services emails, my flatmate and one of the technicians got one, too, and apparently everyone in their lab agrees that the bit on the end saying "we hope you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh and wish you well for the future" means that it's not really from anyone at computing wink (though personally I like the computing guys, they've been quite helpful in our lab)

(G.W. Dahlquist)