Page:
MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I need to see this!
Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean are both involved. Excuse me while I drool slightly. Just found the website by accident.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wow that trailer looks absolutly amazing! gotta watch it when it comes out biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oh that looks awesome!
biggrin

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
this may actually get me out into the theatres

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
whoa, i'd heard he was writing something for the jim henson company, i've been keeping a lookout for it ever since i heard. thanks for telling us. w00t!!!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
**spasams all over the thread.**

oh MY GODDDDDD!!!
I cannot wait squee!!!!
biggrin

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
cool music on that link. looks and sounds very cool. the animation bits look stunning.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yes yes yes!!!

i've been waiting for this production for *ages* but hadn't seen the official website yet - cheers mrconfused biggrin

despite being a comic freak, i'm not much of a gaiman fan buti do however have an almost complete dave mckean collection (not including cover work).

gaiman and mckean seem to love little girls as their subject matter.

i just recently read 'coraline' and 'wolves in the walls' rates as my second favourite childrens book ever (i doubt anything will ever surpass 'where the wild things are').

there should be a fair amount of circus skills exhibited in this movie and its pretty much guaranteed to not only have a great plot and screenplay, but with mckean as the artistic director, it should be gothic eye candy from start to finish ubblove

until then, i hope constantine turns out to be as good as it looks...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Ohhhhh....Mand pointed out this thread and the trailer to me last night...and Oh MY! I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin

Coleman, what constitutes an 'almost complete' McKean collection? I've been meaning to pick up some of his work for ages, the man is an artistic genius! Any books/collections that stand out form the rest?

Nothing wrong with loving little girls! umm

J

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you didn't want to ask me that question!

*you are now entering dave mckean fanboy territory*

well, the first ever graphic novel i bought was arkham asylum (original cover) back in 1993.

i didn't know sh!t about artists back then (especially freelance mixed media talent like mckean) and so didn't see any more of his work until i bought the brotherhood's album 'elementalz' (british hip-hop that still kicks arse) and scanned in the inside bit of the cd case to have as my desktop background (that image isn't online anywhere unfortunately).

when i read the album inlay, i found out that dave mckean designed their album art and started my love affair wink

i found as much of his work online as i possibly could and when i got into comics around 1999, realised that a large amount of his work was centred there.

i've tried to restrict myself to only buying books that he did the main artwork for but bought quite a few issues of sandman just for the covers smile

then they released that bloody book collecting them all so i had to buy that too!

i've got most of his comic and book illustration work, including the superb 'black orchid', 'violent cases', 'mr punch' (all with gaiman), and mckean's own graphic novel, 'cages' (cats umm)

the year before last, i was reading aleister crowley's thoth tarot and decided to buy a tarot deck.

i managed to get hold of the 'vertigo tarot' box set (a full tarot deck designed by mckean) from ebay for under £100 biggrin

but when i got it, even though it was sealed in original wrapping, it was missing the card for the 9 of cups frown

i was gutted - after all, what use is a tarot deck with a bloody card missing mad

i took that as a sign that i should leave tarot alone, so i did.

been meaning to buy option:click for ages but never got round to it as i have most of the images on my pc anyway.

guaranteed when i do get round to buying it, it'll be out of print wink

as you can probably tell, i could go on and on.

but i'll stop for now.

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
has anybody heard when it's comming out yet? hopefully soon .:crosses fingers:.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
smile

just got the full mirrormask storyboard (with bonus production photos) delivered in the post bounce2

its gonna be sooooooooo good!

and it won't be out until late this year/early next year by all accounts sparkey.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
frown So long to wait! And I'm not going to be in the country when it is released frown I'll have to see it someplace foreign, where they speak all funny.

J

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
The release date was just announced:

.:dramatic drumroll:.

SEPTEMBER 30th!!

That's so soon! I can hardly wait!

-James

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I saw it yesterday. It's AMAZING.

It's only in select theatres in the UK and US, so if you're lucky enough to be near one of them, go see it.

It's got firespinning in it, too.

What's green, hangs on the wall, and whistles?

-James

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
It's showing this Sunday and Monday at the London Film Festival.

https://www.lff.org.uk/films_details.php?FilmID=774

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
WAAHHH frown

As a huge Coraline & wolves in the walls fan, I've been waiting for this for aaaaaages.... but it might not even be released in the cinemas here at all frown

....goes away to sulk in a corner

everyone's unique except me

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I just saw this last week and it was FANTASTIC. The main character(s) are jugglers, many of you will be happy to know. So much of the imagery is just mind-blowing.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
bounce Saw it today in London, absolutely beautiful. Special effects very nicely done, and oooh, jugglers...

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
One screening at the Watershed in Bristol on the 25th of February! It's listed as "preview" so maybe this means it's finally gonna be out on general release in the UK?

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Whoa, looks pretty spiffy!!

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
OMG! looks really beautiful!

Then again, it was connected to the Jim Henson Company! The best company of the world!

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

835 posts

Posted:
still no sign of a release date in the Netherlands!! frown *cries*

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
It's out on DVD in the US so anyone with a region 1 or multi region dvd player can watch it smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek ubblove eek

not only does it have an enchanting story and the most stunning visuals i've ever seen but it also has *loads* of our friends in it!! ubblove

it was so good, i bought it twice biggrin

now i just need to work out how to make a psp play other region umds and i'll be happy... umm

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Aww Cole, you'm all excited! biggrin

It has loads of your friends in it?? Wow thats so cool smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

835 posts

Posted:
I'd really love to go see it in the cinema though!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yeah - its definitely a must for showing on a projector if you can get hold of one...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I have a projector! biggrin

Is it out on DVD yet? smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
only region one.

but luckily i recently found a decent program that makes a pc dvd-rom play all regions biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: