Page:
MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I need to see this!
Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean are both involved. Excuse me while I drool slightly. Just found the website by accident.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I had huge hopes for it, and whilst it's ok, it's not amazing.

Then again, I'm a Neverwhere fan - anything else by Gaiman just dosn't hold up to it for me. Hell, I'm not even that keen on Sandman .... it's boring and rather predictable!

Love Gaiman, he's a dude; the bulk of his work however is a little .... blase/nonchalant/pedestrian ? Sounds too negative, but you get the idea.

Croup and Vandemar. Nuff said. wink

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

...from what I saw at the start it is MUCH better than pan's labyrinth that has recently come out...

eek Can't agree with you there. Mirrormask starts off brilliantly, but becomes progressively more detached as the film develops, and by the end I found myself thinking it was a bit too self indulgent. The viewer doen't really care about the character, nor is there any real dramatic tension. That said, visually, it's ubblove

Pan's Labyrinth on the other hand was wonderfully acted, beautifully restrained, and it didn't rely on visual trickery to cover up a lack of decent story. I also loved the ambiguous ending, and the unexpected brutality in places.

Both films are great, but Pan's Labyrinth is definitely the better of the two. smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

And th building they live in is just down the road biggrin

haha! when i watch it i often think of you and living in brighton! which makes me feel like a git cos i dont actually know you! ubblol

And Pan's Labyrinth is WIKKID! But I dont think the two are very comparable because theyre both different genre as to the audience they market to. I think I prefer Pan's Labyrinth because it's a more mature film, but that's also because it was made for a mature audience. Also, Mirrormask was actually made with the intention of becoming a cult movie, whereas Pan's wasn't made with that intention.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Page: