Forums > Videos > Controlled Burn's first video

Login/Join to Participate

Cody
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

Cody

That guy from Reno

Total posts: 556
Posted:So I've been posing around here for a few years now and teased you with a few pictures but I finally got a video. Thanks to Orbit who shot the video and proccessed it and to ICon who helped me organize the link You guys rock. You need DIVX to play it.

This was shot at the Damento Juggling festival in Sacramento California, we were the only fire act and only had five minutes to cram everything in. Heres the lineup

Cory - Double Staff ( just for you Skulduggery)

Cody - Poi

Chelsea - Fire Fingers

Howoward - Fire Swords

Cody - Canonball poi

http://orbit.harm.org/Spinning/Damento/ControlledBurn.avi
br>

So now everyone can see what the crazies in Reno Nevada are doing. Enjoy smile

EDITED_BY: Cody (1109813469)

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Delete Topic

thor

thor

Flaming Lesbian

Total posts: 181
Posted:that was beautiful. for the first 30 seconds i was just waiting for cory to flip out. it was great.

-

thor

EDITED_BY: thor (1109827445)

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

Delete

ben-ja-men
GOLD Member since Jun 2003

ben-ja-men

just lost .... evil init

Total posts: 2474
Posted:those cannon ball Poi are insane, how much fuel does a burn use? something to possibly think about for your next one have the cannon ball first then have them at the back doing something simple like a butterfly to light the other performers.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:that was nice, some more distintion between routines, maybe a different track, but over all a good show

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Cody

Cody

That guy from Reno

Posted:Thanks for the info guys. Let me give you some more background on the performance.
First it was choriographed that morning on the drive down to Sacramento. Second I think we all suffered from the "I can do so much more than that" vibe but we each only had like under a minute so we just went with what felt best. You all know you don't quite perform everything you practice. smile The best thing is we had fun. I know the techies won't be impressed and the pure performers won't be impressed, but were happy being right down the middle. smile

Ben, the Canonball Poi don't use too much more fuel than normal Poi. There is a picture in my gallery of them unlit. Only a few strips of Kevlar, but there is huge surface area so you get the big hot flames.
biggrin

Cody Canon

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:i liked it, i just thought it was a full parcticed routines

now that i knwo it was a quick routine, we have all been there, making it up, so its all good

nice vid

(ps are those green flames the finger fans are using?)

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Cody

Cody

That guy from Reno

Posted:Yep, good ol Boric and denatured alcohol. smile

Cody Canon

Delete

Facelessjoker
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

enthusiast

Total posts: 249
Posted:eek that was well good!!!!!

Delete

Cody

Cody

That guy from Reno

Posted:I thought for sure someone would say something about my isolated weave. Maybee isolatons are behind the cutting edge... but I'm darn proud of mine. smile

Cody Canon

Delete

EpsilonKias

EpsilonKias

Note to self... Fur + Fire = Hurt.

Total posts: 107
Posted:Damn.... Those cannonball Poi where huge! And they looked pretty heavy

I aslo liked the song... I dont see too many vids playing any hardcore... Much less speedcore

Good vid all around ^_^

Delete

Cody

Cody

That guy from Reno

Posted:Thank you, we are a bit of a different school of thought. We excell in the speed and big fire extravaganza unlike much of the strict technical stuff out there. We hit em hard and fast. wink

On a side note this performance was for a crowd of jugglers who generally dislike Poi. Compared to the many pure juggling performances before and after us we were quite unique. And they enjoyed it. smile

Cody Canon

Delete

sorrowbell
BRONZE Member since Mar 2005

Total posts: 9
Posted:bueatiful. i love the duel Poi and staff bit. smile

Delete

Rhysma
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

Rhysma

Total posts: 8
Posted:Anyway you could tell me what song you were playing there?

Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It translates to beef with broccoli. The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

Delete

Cody

Cody

That guy from Reno

Posted:The song is called emotional responce, it's track #5 on industrial strength records volume 4 I think. I'll double check. smile I think it's perfect for a performance because for a single track it has breaks and changes big enough to change the mood.

We were originally only given 3 minutes to perform and I had to ask for 5. It was a challenge to fit four perfromers into 5 minutes but it worked. We didn't get to do all our best stuff but it was a good taste. wink

Cody Canon

Delete

Posted:Dead link. frown

Delete

Mr_Joe
BRONZE Member since Aug 2008

Mr_Joe

Part-time genius

Total posts: 59
Posted:It is three years old wink
EDITED_BY: Mr_Joe (1200962486)