Forums > Social Chat > most blatant display of stupidity (a rant)

Login/Join to Participate

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
ok
i just got back from walking my dog, charly
its a jack-russel terrier. those dogs are intensly hyperactive, and have a huge hunting instincts so when he sees another dog or any animal hes going to charge at it to play with it or to eat it.
dont get me wrong he listens to me and follows quite well for his age (9 months) but today i couldnt get a hold of him and he ran up to this older married couple and their two spaniels....
ok this couple looked very wealthy, she had a furcoat and bling bling that would make 50cent blush.
so the guy starts yelling at me so i would take my dog away from his (they were merrily playing running around in circles chasing each other) so i call charly and he is too busy playing so i walk over and pick him up, Charly acknowledges me and follows me away from the couple. then their dog strts barking and charly charges at him again and they keep playing, im used to my dog acting like that so i simply walk over again pick him up walk away a few meters and put him down and give the command to follow me. I havent said anything to the couple yet.
THEN
the man goes: "you are a horrible dog owner, you didnt train your dog, and you should keep him on the leash"
i didnt feel like explaining to him about my dogs breed, and that hes young, and that it is cruel to have a curious hunting dog on a leash. so i simply said that he should keep to his business.
then he started insulting me calling me an @sshole, threatened to p!ss on me, and threatened to kick me in the balls. That was the last thing i expected from a wealthy old man...so my first reaction was laughing cos i thought he wasnt serious, but then he said that if i want a punch in the face i should walk over and that my mother is a #@$!! my lower instincts hit me and i walked up to him and looked him in the eyes with my "im going to drink your daughters blood for breakfast" look
he then shut up and kept walking as he realised that i was ready to kick his geriatric @rse.
im a peaceful person, but 20 minutes ago when i was standing in front of him i was begging for him to throw a punch so i could break his face open.....

my question is
what the hell is going on?
i am a peaceful person, why did i nearly go into a bloodthirsty rage...
why do old people being stupid p1ss me off more than young people being stupid....

boy i wish he punched me.....
must be the testosterone.....

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
because old people should know better.

i hate anger too, and someone getting me that pissed must've really hit the spot, you too i would think...

Here's a hug dude hug and if you see that guy again PM me and ill be over to help you kick his ass and steal his wallet. Selfish fcensoreder

Heigh ho...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"i am a peaceful person, why did i nearly go into a bloodthirsty rage..."

I would have done the same.

I would have also sworn at him very violently in English.
Come on Konsti, you know your English slang well wink

smile

You could have stuck your finger up one of the dogs bums, then told him you were going to do the same to him.... that'd scare him smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Nice one for showing such huge restraint.

Love is the law.

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
Definatly, i wud have squared up to him as well, Good effort....
i think the blood drinking bit was a bit weird though....

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
yeah... It's weird that he got annoyed by the dogs having a laff.... he obviously neva had fun as a child... or he dosen't like other things having fun or sumfing...

He sounded like a stuck-up nob 2 me. I'm glad u put him in his palce.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: Konsti

my question is
what the hell is going on?
i am a peaceful person, why did i nearly go into a bloodthirsty rage...
why do old people being stupid p1ss me off more than young people being stupid....

stupidity is frustrating, stupidity thrust in your face aggrivating, stupidity thrust in your face with a voice causes rage. next time you get stuck with stupidity like that confront them and calmly demand their details, if he goes to walk away follow him and keep asking him, follow them all the way home need be when he finally gives them to you tell him that your lawyer will be in contact itll rattle them good especially when your friend calls them serving them with a fake court date ubbangel

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
lol, what a way to deal with 'stupidity'
Sounds like a plan...

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hehehe
i can wait to see him again
ill walk up to him and ask him if he still wants to take a leak on me. itll be great if his kids are standing around.

im so stoked he said that.....

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Konsti mate, If I had been there, I would have whipped it out, there and then, and pissed on him.

smile

Then see if he had trousers as well as a mouth.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Old people like that really bug me, it's as though they're demanding respect just for living so long.

Don't get me wrong, I try to give everyone the same standard level of respect, regardless of who they are, but there seem to be alot of old people where I live who don't seem to understand that they're quite capable of losing that respect, but still assume they should be getting it regardless of how they act.

For example, not long ago I was walking down the street minding my own business, on a path that was wide enough to have 3 people walking abreast.
Coming the other way were 3 elderly women, walking side by side.

When we met, they stood there scowling at me, not pushing past, but not letting me past either, still standing side by side across the whole width of the path. After a couple of seconds one of them told me to 'just get out the way' and pushed past, followed by the other two.

I find it absurd that they think they can get away with behavior like that just because of their age. Old or not, there's no excuse for being obnoxious.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Some peeps are just buttholes ubblol and cant be civil if their life depended on it, especially oldies.
I think your reaction was top notch wink You got him to shutup without even doing anything - brill biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its natural to get angry when provoked.

the restraint you managed to display shows your quality of character.

i would like to think that i would have done the same thing in a similar situtaion.

but rather than the blood drinking threatening look, i would have tried to take the gandhi/rasta approach and either said 'okay' and waited for him to kick off or just ignored his ramblings and gone about my business as if he didn't exist.

doesn't mean that i wouldn't be fuming inside and itching to break something into very small pieces during and afterwards though wink

hug2

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
You know...

Back in November I almost got into a barfight. For reference, I'm straightedge. I don't drink. I'm also a VERY tall, VERY big person. (Not puppy, PERSON). I was with friends, and someone who had been rolling drunk for 5+ hours did something stupid to one of the gals I was with. He ripped something off her belt, and tried to walk out the place with it.

I was in another section of the place when I saw it happen. I ran through a crowded bar, hopped a 4 foot tall fence around the bar (and over the staircase that went to the basement), stood NEXT to the drunk guy and very CALMLY asked him "Is there a problem here?" Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I'm wearing a "Chicago Fire Department" t-shirt, and I look the part.

So he throws the thing over my head, and starts to posture. He starts to spout at the mouth about how he's gonna kick my censored and how if I want to "step up" to him he wanted to fight and all that. Now another bit of reference. Mid october I had major back surgery. This incident was about 4 weeks after that. I was in no shape to fight, let alone run through a bar full of people, jump a 4 foot fence and stand tall against a drunkard. But, he basically assaulted my friend by taking something of hers, and I was going to see resolution before he could walk out that door.

His friends, and his girlfriend, realize that not only do I tower over this drunk, but that I could have probably handed him his posterior on a plate if I wanted to. (Truth was I couldn't, but that's not the point) I just kept commanding "You're done, walk away. You're done." I've got intimidation down, but I hate to use it. Never broke eye contact, never showed weakness, and (pardon the expression) never stopped barking my orders at him.

He stumbled out of the bar backwards making threats all the way and being pulled by his friends, and I stood there letting him leave, and stared him down the whole way. Thing was that, at that moment, it was pure Zen. No past, no future, just the here and now. And had he decided to go for it, I knew that I could dodge his first shot and PROBABLY send him to the hospital. I'd be there shortly afterward with a re-injured back, but I knew I could have done it.

Everyone said I showed great restraint in not just outright killing the guy or at least removing his... vital parts from his anatomy. This sod's "liquid courage" would have gone away, and he wouldn't have learned from it. That and I just don't see a point in fighting. I've got adranaline under some control in my system so I had complete control over myself. I wasn't sure about him, so I chose to take the win-win route. A little intimidation, a little authority, and a whole lot of self control.

Point is that it's in nature of man to fight. It's built into our mental state as a reaction to something that scares us. "Fight or Flight". We kill it, or we beat feet away from it. So when you got provoked by an old man, it's natural to have that become anger and rage. It's hardwired into the human mind. The fact that you didn't put your dog down, haul off and remove his jaw from his skull should tell you that you're still not a violent person.

Anger is an instant emotion that shields us from some harm. It's overcoming that on a day to day basis that lets us survive in society. I wouldn't worry about your reaction, as much as I'd smile and nod, knowing you didn't follow through on your thought.

As far as the old man goes, he's probably worried that his dog would get it's tail beaten by your dog. Either that or he's one of those "scary" people that look as dogs as children in furry coats? Look, love your dog and I'm happy for you, but it's a DOG! Not a CHILD with a tail! It's perception of the world is NOT the same as YOUR perception of the world! People that are over-protective of pets are the same people that scare me as parents.

(This coming from someone who dresses up like a dalmatian for kicks!)

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I have two dogs and on the rare occasion that I see another dog owner I put max on the lead, shadow is generally fine. Although it's not my dogs that have the problem.
Max dosn't like other dogs beside shadow and when a pesky overexcited dog comes up and starts sniffing his rear end, he gets a little pissy about it! There was one incident where max got his thigh ripped open by a bull mastif because the owner didn't have it on its leash. Tried to sniff Max, he growled at it and the other dog just lunged at him.
Max and shadow are big dogs, but with one of these clamped onto its leg...was just no competition. My dad tried to separat them so the bull mastif tore my dads hand apart - 9 stitches. It has since been put down.
When another dog comes up to max I have to push his bum away from the face of the other dog (charming ^.^) and try and get the other dog owner to call their dog away. Because Max gets pissy, they think I'M the bad trainer, when in reality its them that can't cantrol their own dog.

Konsti, i really don't see what the problem was with the other owner. You have a cute lil puppy, its bound to be excitment, and if the other dogs didn't have a problem with him then whats the bleeding problem? rolleyes

Just for the record..this is Max wouldn't hurt a fly!...unless provoked wink
And Shadow

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaww ur puppies are cute smile

on a random note when i was at the beach last week i was playing just where the water meet the sand dancing around ok more like prancing really and then i was standing still mesmerised by the ripples in teh water (simple things make me smile smile) and this dog comes running up and starts snarling at me, as the dog started edging forward snarling i was having flashbacks to having my fingers ripped open by dogs in london, i clenched my fist and started backing away into the ocean, the dog kept snarling and followed me into the water the stupid owner just called it from a distance yelling out its ok, finally the dog went to its owner and he put it back on the leash, the scarey thing was that there was a little girl not 5 m from where i was, had the dog picked her instead of me it could have been really bad frown

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

vonoomnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hey konsti,

What can i say? Elderly Viennese people... I can totally understand your reaction. Wish I'd been there to see your patented blood drinking look. its not often that it comes out, but when it does... whew! Give my greetings to charly, hope to see ya soon. (im actually in salzburg at the moment, but unfortunately i dont have the opportunity to come to wien.)

Ciao!

"Out here in the perimeter there are no stars... Out here we is stoned..."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be the odd one out in this thread (except maybe what Ben just said) but I think that dogs should be on leashes when they're out. Jack Russell or Rottweiler or whatever. (I have a suspicion I may get a drink your daughter's blood look for that one!)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

10,530 posts

Posted:
why leash them... unless they are blood thirsty beasts? Its nice to know they can run around and have a nice time.

I'm not saying ur wrong newgabe, i just can't see why, if the dog ain't dangerous, it should be kept on a leash...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
STUPIDITY
boundless human stupidity.
we had a guy walk past us spinning a couple of weeks ago, the question he asked.
'Is that real fire???'
just had to reply with
'no its special fake fire, we buy it off the internet'

people are stupid, accept it and move on

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

10,530 posts

Posted:
i always laugh when i read stories like that. I wud just love if it sum1 asked me... id just look at them and say "define 'fake' fire"
lol. people are pretty stupid sumtimes... me no exception tongue biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
My favourite story happened to my friend's sister. She studied near the Black Forest, and one day tourists stopped her on the streets and asked "is the black forest open today?". She had a bad day, so she said "no"!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half