dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
Though I don;t like to admit being lax in the fire daftey department, we had a bit of an accident last night that I'd like to share.Blaze and I were getting some filming done down by the ocean. She poured a ring of fuel around her, then super-soaked her staff and lit the circle and danced inside it. Looked amazing. I came in with my big-ass poi, which were also not shaken very well (I like the spray). Well, a glob flew off one of our tools and landed right in our dipping station, which was perilously and foolishly close to where we were. Before we knew it, our container of white gas and our dipping can were engulfed in flame. All we could do was stand a safe distance away and watch it burn. Nothing exploded, no gear was damaged, and most importantly, no one was hurt. Now I know that during a prformance we would never have done something that foolish, but one's attentiveness drops and cockiness rises when it's "just a practice". We did get the whole thing on film, so I'll post it soon and people can see what the concequences are to not paying attention. I know that everyone is as safe as they can be, but you can;t help but slip sometimes. Be careful out there. ------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Now i know why you got the name. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/tongue.gif">-------------------------[/image]others see the world as they want to and ask why not?

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I'm so glad neither of you were hurt. smileCan't wait to see the ring of fire. It sounds mad! (as in awesome) smile

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
oh ya.....in january a friend and i lit a parking lot on fire!!!it was 2 old t shirts rolled togather and tied to a rope spear (6 feet long) and it sprayed everywhere!!!the fire ball (a bit bigger then a garbage can) hit the ground and everywhere within 15-20 feet was up in flames (pretty blue ones too)but we liked playing in the fire so we didnt stop. we just danced around very fast.we got it on tape as well!!! cool

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
A twirling friend showed us a move where she intentionally left her poi un-shaken-out, and right after lighting them dragged them in a circle on the pavement. Left a nice ring of fire around her. Cool.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You can do that by tapping them on the pavement and leaving little "freprints" as well. It does look neat. Thing to remember is to do it on pavement or an other wise hard floor...not grass or the like.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."I prefer not to go where there is a path but to blaze a new one!"

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK