BurnsBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
i know it would be to much to much to ask for a business plan or a hand book but could anyone point me in the direction of
'how to set up circus'

I know i've been eating too much GRASS again but i have a friend who can get a big top and you know ...... is anyone up for joining in about .....2 yrs?

'REEP THE WIRLWIND'

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Can't get that specific, but here are a couple of useful tools that might help you in planning:

SWOT Analysis

Write down the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
Strengths are the good bits about you plan that will definitely work. Weaknesses are the bits in your plan that are the negatives to it. Opportunities are all the things you can take advantage of to mkae it work. Threats are all the possible things that could happen that would make it impossible.

Networking

Draw a circle and label it "me", radiating from this, draw lines to link up all your friends and contacts. Ask all of them if they know someone who can help you. They may well list a few people. Then it is time to get in touch with those people, they might be able to help you, or know someone who will. The help can be in any form, business structure, marketing, equipment hire, performers, etc.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Oh, oh can i join????, i've been telling my mum for years that i'm gonna run away and join the circus!!!!!
Can i be a clown, with a big red nose and HUGE red shoes, hehe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Ive been wanting to join a circus like in a year after ive finished my A Levels and i have a Year out. I was wondering if there were any circus's or Fire Spinning Groups which travel around the world. Or Country. I just wanted to do soem performing in my year out. Anyone know anything. Te Pooka?

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I would LOVE to get paid for Contact Juggling, enough to live of it. In fact any sort of juggling/spinning...

That would be a dream come true...

One day, it might actually happen...

*Wishful Thinking* I wouldn't mind one day to be on a stage, with loads of people watching... Bah, maybe when I'm actually any good...

I would think that there are many ways of going about it... Start a Fire Troupe, or set yourself up as a solo performer... But most of all, Think Insurance and advertising.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
or go to circus school for a few months. It's like uni, only teaching you something useful. wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
yeah i no of someone thats doing it.
when i talked to her, she said that she was on her way to clown school ubblol
but that is aaaaall the way over in new zealand

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
ooo a circus being set up...in gloucester! i may just have too join

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I can offer no help whatsoever, as I don't know anything about setting up circuses at all, but your subject line made me think of those Victorian toy circuses, with everything in minature and absolutely perfect. So thanks for that and good luck! Oh, I am a lawyer, so if you need on-site legal advice in exchange for watching cool circus stuff, I'm your girl.

to live at all is miracle enough