alvheidfairy of light
163 posts

Posted:
(I tried searching, but couldn't find anything.)

So... I got the 5 beat weave _forwards_, but how do I do it backwards? something just goes wrong when I try to take it a step further from the backwards 3 beat weave and do 5 (4) frown

Luke sum ipse patrem te.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I searched "reverse 5 beat weave" under "poi moves" and found tons.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

alvheidfairy of light
163 posts

Posted:
oh, so "reverse" is the magic word tongue thanks, I'll try that smile

Luke sum ipse patrem te.

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

Its exactly like the forwards five beat, but backwards.

I swear, i hear all these people having heaps of trouble learning weave based moves.

It really isnt hard. if you can do a forwards five beat weave, almost any type of weave you could want to learn shouldnt be too hard to grasp if you practise hard

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
im having trouble with it too, i was jealous when my friend got it. She said that she was spinning poi while sitting on her couch and the she hung herself upside down and watched her hands and then she tried it and now she can do it. Ummm good luck?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

star childBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
easier said than done people need a little more than just do everything u no backwards and practice hard. just put ur poi down do the hand movement for the 5 beat then just try it rewind mode or get a freind to record ur hands doin it forward for about 5-10mins watch til the end then watch it in rewind over and over until u no the hand movements then practice til u dont hit urself anymore. weavesmiley

alvheidfairy of light
163 posts

Posted:
well, I practised a lot, sometimes using sticks instead of poi just so I could understand the moves, and now I can do it on the left side, and almost on the right side ubbrollsmile

Luke sum ipse patrem te.

ficklampaBRONZE Member
81 posts

Posted:
i nailed it the day after i had nailed the forward 5 beat.
it was simply practise that was needed.
i think one helpful advice is to first do the weave forward and turn.
don't worry about smacking your head.
if you turn you are pretty much forced to do the 5 beat.
also helpful is to understand that it is that you are doing and what is diferent between the 3beat and 5beat.

the only thing worth dying for is life itself

Elemental666GOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
I just turned to learn the reverse.... do the 5 bet forwards, then instead of crossing back over, turn... When your doing it forward the opposite hand leads the side change by passing over the other hand, IE. Spinning on right side of body, the left hand crosses to the left side when it passes over the right hand. When you turn the same hand will lead the side change by passing under the opposite hand, IE> Spinning on left side the left hand will lead the side change when it passes under the right hand.

It helps to try to fling the poi to the other side of your body...

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
i find that for doing reverse 5-beat it is beneficial to have your hands raised higher (say, about shoulder or head height), and to really move from your hips rather dramatically from side to side when transitioning... much more so that for forward 5-beat weave...

also, turning DOES help... like, from going foward 5beat to rev. 5 beat back to forward 5 beat etc like you're turning in a circle...

and isn't it funny how one side gets it earlier than the other..? i found also that my right side learnt it slower than my left...
EDITED_BY: shen shui (1110600918)

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.