Forums > Social Chat > thingsyoumissifyousleepin(wierdthings)

Login/Join to Participate

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
This morning I slept in a little, as you do when you are a student, and I heard some very odd thuds from outside our front door. There are four semis, being built at the end of our garden, thus us loosing our front and back garden, which has been replaced with, piles of junk, mud, gravel etc oh and a portaloo placed nicely outside my window.

I go and get a shower, get dressed open my curtains. "ooh that looks like the windows in our porch, ooh and that breeze block has the same plasterings as our, ...................hang on. Where the feck is our porch eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

I'd hate to think of all the other things that happened in the world, in the early ours of this day in the rest of the world. I'm sure worse things could have happened to others.

EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1110302451)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
eek

hug Wow...
*never sleeps again incase someone takes some part of my flat away*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Well, you may have lost a porch.. but you gained a portaloo! Usually preferrable to the toilets in student digs wink

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
nahh we have, three quite nice toilets actually, accept one is a tastey mint green colour lol
ubblol ubblol ubblol

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
There was me thinking this would be an innovative thread rolleyes

Anyone else had anything odd happen to them ?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
punctuation? wink

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
"??aye" !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
...........right the story continues, we miraculously have a new porch, but it is now made of brick and has no windows, or doors yet confused, or roof
we also have a new fence, which is quite nice

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Maybe you'll wake up with a new house one morning?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
*puts in a request*

I would like.. a nice little japanese/balinese style garden out the back please ubblol

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i had a strange porch related incident occur when i was at work once, but this is a happy story. we had only been renting our house for a little while, and i got home from work only to find that a park bench had been bolted to our front porch. it was paineted to match the rest of the hous, and i had no idea where it came from. my boyfriend had been at work all day, so it obviously wasn't him. it could have possibly been some random passer by, but that's unlikely. we rang the landlord to see if he knew anything, and he said, that he thought we might like it, since we only had a couple of little stools there. what a sweetie! he's done other random acts of kindness since then. yay!

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Well, mines a bit strange, really...
I woke up, went to walk out the back door....hit a window.
Id been away for a while, got home late that night and gone straight to bed.
They'd chanegd the double doors at the back into a window...and placed another door to the left of it...
I also woke up one time wiht half of my room gone...but thats a story for another time

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
myco: Tee hee thanx for sharing your porch related story, he sounds like a nice landlord.
We went for a drink with our landlord once. We had a cola cos it was really a "house meeting".
He gave us a raditor when our boiler went on the blink, last jan when it was bloody cold.
But, the building work is getting annoying at the moment, they start work most days at 8.30 sometimes ringing on the doorbell asking for a car to be moved, or building a stupid wall that is infact not a new porch, that carries on past our lounge window. I'll post a pic or this after easter lol The lounge is dark enough already as the light socket is broken rolleyes

Sakura_moon: lol. how on earth did you loose half your bedroom? is it a trick question, was it your room in a tent .....

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Lol, my parents were renovating the house and had to clear out my room to paint it...so they took out my closet, draws, desk and tv and left me with a little bookshelf and a bed, it was really funny, i woke up and i though "what the f...?"

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.