Forums > Help! > Backwards 3 beat weave????/tried everthing!!!!!Help

Login/Join to Participate

cradleofashesnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Ok, I can do a lot of stuff with poi, but i cant seem to get the backwards 3 beat weave down, I do it forwards then spin to go backwards and i keep doing some weird thing, like go over my head or somthing, i can get 1 bit of it down but then im lost,, HELP PLEASE

Its all about the fire!!!!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Hey, you should try posting it in the [Old link] Forum and try looking at this Online Lesson

My own advice would be to make sure firstly you know the theory of it that the leading arm goes UNDER the other arm, if that doesnt make sense, when you are doing a forwards 3bt weave you will notice one arm goes over when it crosses and the other does the same, well with the backwards weave same principal only the arms go under first then over rather than over then under, jsut do what i did and that was just try it again and again, and you'll just pick it up trust me smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Maybe try getting your hands to go the right spots using a staff first. Some people say "Just turn around".

Like Will says its under the arm...took me 7 months though.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

cradleofashesnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Ok thanks for the tips.. . Next time ill post it there.. thx...

Its all about the fire!!!!

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

Sorry dude.

But what your talking is easy, you just arent spending enough time practising.

It took me two days to learn the reverse five beat weave (withought first learning the three beat)

It took three days to learn the behind the back three beat.

All you have to do is spend a good solid few hours practising each day and you should get it fairly quickly

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

funky_hatseating apples with chopsticks can be rather difficult
167 posts

Posted:
instead of starting with your poi going forward at your sides, start with them going backwards.
cross them over, alternate times, etc and see if you can do the same thing you did with normal 3beat weave, just with them going backwards.
I usually come across moves by mistake, so i guess if you just muck around for a while.. :P

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there! weavesmiley

To learn to do it, first try it with one hand only

So start with your right hand, you spin one backwards circle on your right hand side and two on your left-the first one under your left hand the second one over and then back to the circle on your right.

Then try your left hand spinning 1 on your left, 2 on your right, under over.

Then try both, it may be helpful to start spinning your left poi first, as it comes up to pass behind your right poi set the right poi spinning too.

It feels unnatural at first but hope that helps!

ubbrollsmile

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson