Forums > Social Chat > Would anyone like to help me go to college?

Login/Join to Participate

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
Hi all. It's me, Noir. Hows eveeeerybody doing. Well, last time I was here, I was in high-school, last grade and all. I graduated, and I have now applied for College in the fall. The problem here is money. I'm going to be doing fire-spinning downtown, as well as juggling *Hopefully my street performing makes me some cash* but I still think I'm going to fall short. Soo, I've decided to make a website. I'm hoping a few people will be able to donate a dollar to my little fund. Anyways, its all on this website. The Send Chris to College Fund

Please click, and take a look. You don't have to donate if you don't want to.

I'll also be posting images I'm going to be having taken on there this summer, when me and my friend go busking. juggle

Noir_DDELUX

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Have you thought about getting a job? umm

Why dont you do something extraordinary and get peeps to give you money for doing that, eg Poi across Canada or something that'll really get peeps attention (you could give some of it to charity to give peeps a little more incentive to empty their pockets).

biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Not meaning to sound harsh or anything, but why don't you get yourself a proper summer job (instead of busking) and try to pay for yourself in college.

Everyone else on HoP who's gone through higher education has found a way to pay for it themselves (I used to do Uni work till about 6pm, grab some food, be in work at 7.30, and finish at 4am).

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
Am I the only one who feels that is the wrong place for something like that? I dont mean it bad just... I'm a single parent mother student and I would never.. na not starting that one nevermind

weavesmiley

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Say it if you want to babajaga............you obviously do want to cos otherwise you wouldnt have made the post smile

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
im going to helo you by not helping, that way you learn to help yourself wink

seriously best of luck bro

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
i think that i've got to agree with everyone here. it can't be that hard to find a decent job these days, especailly in canada. we're running one of the best economies we've had in 10 years. and if you're doing mech eng than i would suggest looking for a job with a plumbing and mechanical company. one of the best ways to actually learn what you'll be designing. practical over theoretical.

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien