Forums > Other Toys > hop gear review: flags...?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
anyone? they look like alot of fun and i'm just wanting some input from people who either have a pair or have used 'em before..
thanks smile

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
how did yous learn to do flags?
ive been learning poi for 6 months, but as yous know a lot of poi moves cant be done on flags. did you all just learn from pissing around on them (which is cool!) or is there a site like HOP with lessons and stuff?
peace,
Sx

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

smfrenchieBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of a website that shows you how to make flags? Seems to be quite simple but not quite sure.....

Cheers!

ooh, btw I'm new to this site - what are HoP flags?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: smfrenchie

Does anyone know of a website that shows you how to make flags? Seems to be quite simple but not quite sure.....

Cheers!

ooh, btw I'm new to this site - what are HoP flags?

hi there and welcome to hop.

try checking out the previous page of this thread - it has a link to a site with flag design and construction tips smile

and these are hop flags: click me

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Along with these newly designed twin coloured options that we have just added in the shop.....The smaller colour section is double layered so gives a strong bright coloured appearance.........Very funky under UV....

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/272_45_dual_colour

Happy twirling

juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle
EDITED_BY: Kombi guy (1143683252)

nonenonenoneSILVER Member
129 posts

Posted:
Love flags! find them a bit more difficult that poi but i think thats to do with the weight of them!
got some HoP flags, orange and yellow.
took them to weston and got pic of them on the beach in gallery.
Havn't really mastered doing much with them as yet. but great fun all the same!

Ravenhillmember
47 posts

Posted:
Flags are great fun, I can't recommend the HoP flags enough.

S'just my personal taste, but so many flags, especially ones with weight on the end (or even right the way down them) just drag so much. With the addition of heavy material, or more than one layer (rather than one sheet stitched around the chain) it's like pulling an oar through water.

The HoP ones are v lightweight, ball chain and no extra weight, one-sheet nylon. You can spin them slow and they don't sag, spin them fast and you get little oar-water effect.

[/plug]

Can I have a free set now Malcolm? biggrin

They are guides. They are teachers. They are like Yoda, only smaller and on strings.

--Meenik on poi

dewboi1982SILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
I love my home made flags. they just take time to get used too. There not many people that go out in my area that can do the flags so i like to show off lol

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmm I just got a pair from poipoi for a tenner, they even arrived after just one day! I cant wait to spin them but ive got something wrong with my left forearm so I should rest it until I figure out what it is frown

Anyone got any good rescorces on flags? Pictures, lessons, tips that sort of thing? Something for the beggining flagger.

Non-Https Image Link

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
singe you have the kind with handles and swivles you acan use them just like your poi. now it it was just thwe fabrick it would get twisted and you'd have to do one move say a forawd weave, then done a reverse weave to untwist it. it's mostly common sence.

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kombi guy

Along with these newly designed twin coloured options that we have just added in the shop.....The smaller colour section is double layered so gives a strong bright coloured appearance.........Very funky under UV....
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/272_45_dual_colour

Happy twirling
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle

Any chance of getting some photos of these in uv light up on the site , preferably in action ?

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
i got a bunch in my gallery but not of the dule colors srry

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

MuskelungeGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
I have a pair of HoP's flags. I love them. I was inspired to buy them by being entranced by flickering sheets of fabric dancing around people's hands. They are awesome. A little odd at first--they don't have momentum like normal poi do--but most excelent.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

drewskiBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
here are some of my flags,
the weights are swen into the fabric, and there's no handle or swivel, just hold the fabric and spin

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone could make some flag poi of tartan or burberry which also have some form of UV reaction!

drewskiBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chimney

I was wondering if anyone could make some flag poi of tartan or burberry which also have some form of UV reaction!

as long as the dyes used are UV reactive.. and u have lotsa paitence for the dying process... it could be possible.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have the link for Doms flag making instructions - the one thats posted up everywhere on HOP doesnt seem to work anymore.

I hadnt seen that vid for the LED flags before - how is that done? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

fireflyfaeriejourneyman
73 posts

Posted:
i love my flags, but they have lead weights in the bottom, but they keep falling out, so i cxant use them much frown any tips?

Page: