And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Greetings all,

Well, I've just returned from roventure (a great camp for the big people in the scouting movement) where I finally got the chance for some good spinning (though admittedly interrupted by about 20-25 people all wanting a go and then subsequently wanting to know how to do the 3bt weave. Oh well, good publicity I suppose, especially since a few actually nailed it). Anyway, I now have blisters on both middle fingers, but am happily satiated for a couple of days (until I heal).

Anyway, onto topic - I was spinning away in my own merry little world today and was trying to figure out what a 4bt weave would be - I have absolutely no idea how to fit this together. I'm guessing a 2bt is basically a 3bt without the 'under' stroke (that's what I do for it anyway), and I can to forward and reverse 3bt and forward 5bt (reverse 5bt is giving me a sore nose at the moment), but just can't visualise the 4bt. Am I getting confused - is it a butterfly looking thing instead? is it a 5bt with the extra wrap only on one hand? any videos anywhere/ideas on how to do it? I can probably sort of nut it out if I can just visualise it, but at the moment I can't. Help for the spinner in their hour of need, O valiant spinners on their noble steeds!

Ooh, I'm a poet and was completely unaware of the fact.

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what

AdrillfSILVER Member
112 posts

Posted:
Okay... you can do 5 beat so this should make sense.

While doing 5 beat you 'flip' your wrist, for example on your right side you flip your right wrist under your left arm allowing another rotation, then you do the same on the left side of your body. Well... if you simply do that motion on only one side of your body you then have 4 beat.

Hopefully that helped. Anyone that can explain it better please do becuase I know I'm not too great at explaining.

missegyptology: I'm gonna be a terrorist when I grow up anyway

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I can explain it perfectly. biggrin

You need to do a search.

You have 39 posts which is more than enough to have masteredth esearch function now.

Zee 4bt has been talked about so many times... its not even funny when someone starts a new thread.

But in plain simple easy words: If you can do a 5bt, you can already do a 4bt. A 4bt is simply where your wrists tangle on one side then go to the other side of your body and continue with a normal 3bt motion.

A 5bt is simply where your wrists tangle on both sides.

tongue
EDITED_BY: Unattractive Cranky Old Freud (1109514849)

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
^^Yeah.. that.^^

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Yes jazz, you have the two beat down; the same hand stays on top. Sometimes, for something different I do a couple of 2 beat on one side, go under, for a couple 2 beats on the other side. the 2 beat is also good for learning cross-overs.

I haven’t been practicing the 4 beat, but I suggest just keep trying. There is a video somewhere, but for the life of me I can’t remember. Suggest doing a search on 2 and 4 beat weaves.

i don't necessarily agree that if you can do a 5 beat you can do a 4 beat, most people seem to ignore 2 and 4 beat weaves and jump straight into 3 and 5 beat weaves. But if you can do 4 beat you can do 5 beat. Not many people appear to use 4 beat weaves.

cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"i don't necessarily agree that if you can do a 5 beat you can do a 4 beat, most people seem to ignore 2 and 4 beat weaves and jump straight into 3 and 5 beat weaves. But if you can do 4 beat you can do 5 beat."

I completely disagree with that.

However, people do indeed jump straight into 3 and 5 as this is a symetrical movemets (you do the same thing one the left side as you do on the right).

If you can do a 5beat already, then to do a 4bt, you have to do less.

Whereas, if you can already do a 4bt, then you need to do the same hand movements on the other side to make it a 5bt, which is more.

umm

am I making sence?
EDITED_BY: Unattractive Cranky Old Freud (1109556709)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
noone makes sence...they say no you can only do 3-5bt and others claim NONO you can only do 2-4bt and im confused cause NOW ur saying u can do 2-3-4-5+ beats

Just spin it, flip it and tweak it biggrin

And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Cool, thanks for the help; I thought it might just be doing the wristbreaker only on one side of the body, but here I was trying to visualise something insanely symmetrical; and yes, just after I posted this thread I went through the search function and tracked down a couple of posts which helped. Have subsequently ducked for cover in premonition of the 'do a search' chorus wink

Thanks anyway

jazz

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what