LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Am going to henna my drum and so was getting some insperation when i stumbled on this page. There are some beautiful designs for anyone else interested in staining wood, drum skins or their own bodies.

https://www.hennaspirit.com/
The portfolio is here -
https://www.hennaspirit.com/portfolio.html

Enjoy biggrin

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Actually, this one may be better rolleyes

https://www.hennagoddess.com/

EDITED_BY: Looper (1109392765)

And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
This site has some cool pictures, and a nifty natural mix kit that comes with a bottle with a handy precise metal tip-- the mix lasts 2 weeks instead of just a couple days, too... and those darn plastic cones are so messy.

https://www.earthhenna.com/

I've also mixed my own from powder, with toasted lime slices and black tea steeped in the liquid-- it was fun, like home alchemy. It came out pretty well. I'm all jealous of people whose henna turns out bright red-- my skin just stains brown.

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Yeah, my skin goes between bright orange and brown, depending on the mix... giving up skin cept in special occasions... wood and drum skins are beautiful tho ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I love henna but I have to send out a word of warning. Make sure you don't use Black Henna on your skin. Black Henna contains Para-phenylenediamine which can cause cancer. HERE is a list of articals you can read about PPD effects.

Have fun and be safe! ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

funky_hatseating apples with chopsticks can be rather difficult
167 posts

Posted:
wow they are really beautiful designs.... rolleyes smile

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i want some done ubblove

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

dafunkymahnmember
54 posts

Posted:
I never knew that about black henna ink... kind of eary because I used to get a few just for fun because my ex was all into doing henna tats.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
dragging up an old thread here possibly...

Right, my dad has just come back from Libya with some stencils, two bags of henna and two small bottles 1 of which is red and 1 of which is yellow. Now, from my dad's limited to non-existant understanding of arabic (and the mixing instructions which are in fact in english), we know that the bottles are a fixative that needs to be applied first - "Mahlabiya" followed by the henna paste followed by lemon juice /oil mix. Now he says they are two different colours, red and yellow, but what i can't figure out is if the henna powder would be the thing that is a different colours or the fixative, or whether it's both and i've got to match up the red with the red and yellow with the yellow... Neither of the henna packets give any indication of being different (but then the writing is in arabic, and i wouldn't actually know), and the powder inside each looks the same colour.... anyone have any idea??

i found one website with the same henna brand and it just looks brown, so currently thinking the small bottles are in fact the key to colouring...? and that possibly they are not necessary unless i want it to be yellow or red... confused

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Black Henna contains Para-phenylenediamine which can cause cancer.

excuse my stupidity but......... isn't the "phenyl" part carbollic acid as in phenol the chemical??

that stuff is nast shizzle, i used to work around it, there was a 35.000 gallon tank of the stuff at my last job, it burned, it caused untold troubles and breating the vapours could even kill you

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
This has been discussed. As soon as I am awake enough I plan to merge them. I am just to damn tired right now...because I just spent the weekend at a fest in my henna booth decorating peoples. smile

[Old link]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK