AstrobuoyBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Hey all. I'm a school teacher who travels with the show kids around Australia. I've got all of my spinning stuff with me on my travels but don't have anyone to spin with. I thought I could start this thread and continually udate it when we move on to new places (which is weekly). This coming week we will be in Tamworth. The following week will be Muswellbrook. After then we have our holidays for two weeks which will most likely be spent in Goondiwindi or Brisbane at this point unless we get any better offers.

After the holidays we will be going to Campbelltown, Bathurst, Orange and Dubbo before moving onto regional Qld.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but hopefully in 2007 we will be touring Europe and Canada (if all goes well). So if anyone has any suggestions for twirling hotspots while over there, feel free to post so I can start planning.

I'll keep updating this thread to check out if anyone in any of the towns we travel to are interested in getting together and having a twirl. I know how hard it is to find people interested in non-capital Australian areas, so hopefully this will spark some interest. weavesmiley

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
whats the show kids?

are u coming to south australia at any point? otherwise we might meet you later in the year when lexy and i are travelling round. oh and be sure to go to england its one big hot spot smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If you make it to Perth look up Medusa and I. biggrin

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

AstrobuoyBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
The Show Kids are the children of the people belonging to the Showmen's Guild of Australia, who run the rides, stalls and food outlets at a lot of local shows around Australia. We tour around with them and teach them each week that they are in a new place. We are touring through all of the capital cities as well as a lot of all the other areas outside them. Unfortunately Gnorc, we don't tour to Western Australia. A couple of the towns in South Australia and up through the guts of the Northern Territory are about as far west as our school covers.
So yeah Ben, we'll be down in your neck of the woods later this year. More end of 3rd and most of 4th term of school year as far as I know. I'm a Queenslander born and bred so I'm still getting to know which state each of our stops are in.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
that sounds like a kewl job you have there astrobuoy!! biggrin

if you ever get to the south burnett region of qld, let me know!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

AstrobuoyBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Will do Gita... South Burnett? That's on the way to Landcruiser Park right?

AstrobuoyBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Okay we're back on tour after the brief Easter Hols. Done Campbelltown and Bathurst (King of The Mountain!). Now we're in Orange for the week. Anyone up for a twirl?

AstrobuoyBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Anyone? Just finished Dubbo. Am in Roma for this week, Brisbane and Biloela next week and Emerald from May 15 - 1 June.

FIRE_SPINNERBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
did you see circus west at dubbo show?