Forums > Social Chat > stuffing stuff into little places

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm packing, but my bags are almost full and i don't have all my clothes, or any of my towels, or my blanket, in yet. so i'm starting to worry.

i'm soaking my wicks in water to get rid of fuel smell right now, so unless i'm brave enough to sort out the mess on my bed, it's break time.

come help me procrastinate! or- tell me how i'm gonna fit my blanket and towels into my luggage.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
well, as the master procrastinator in my area (I've been putting off getting a job for over a year now) I might be able to help.

so go look through the fridge and cupboards for aboot 15 minutes, even though you're probably not hungry. then go smoke a cigarette, or bowl, or whatever you might like to smoke. go to eyephunk.com and in the mixes section under radio listen to ms. E's breaks set, and dance some poi to it. go back to the fridge/cupboards, even though you're still not hungry, then you can bake me some cookies , get a drink of water, listen to dj push at eyephunk, spin some more poi, smoke some more of whatever you choose to, take a nap, go back to the fridge, cause you're hungry now, and I am too, so you should cook up a nice dinner, cause I'm gonna be there to get my cookies, and I'd kinda like some dinner too, smoke again, take a nap before bed, wake up, and go to bed.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, soudns exct;y liek what i'd liek to be doing. other than that i don't smoke. and there's nothing edible in my fridge

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
it doesn't matter that there's nothing edible in your fridge, like I said you're not hungry anyway.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
true dat.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
you need those plastic bags that you stuff stuff into, seal, then vacuum out all the air so it shrinks down to almost nothing...viola! if you can't get those (wal-mart) then try rolling all your stuff, you can fit a lot more into your bags that way. trust me, sounds strange but it works. ask pozee how heavy my luggage was! had my whole wardrobe rolled up in there!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Kind of along the lines of what Nyx had posted. But instead just buy some trash bags. Stuff your stuff in 'em and form a seal using your hand with a vacuum hose in in the bag-o-stuff . Its a bit tricky to pull the vacuum hose out and tie the bag. It probably doesn't work as well as the infomercial stuff, but its practically free (and your not stuck with a bunch bags to store for your next move). Works real well for bulky items (esp. pillows!).
Remember...procrastination is like masturbation: your only f*cking yourself.

[ 10 September 2002, 15:22: Message edited by: fieryfiend ]

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I have to agree! rolling stuff works wonders And, don't overpack, as I'm prone to do.

Hmm, procrastination, eh? For some people, it's a really effective way of getting a job well done and very quickly, but that depends on whether you work well under pressure, or tend to stress out.

If you're a stresser, then stop messing about and save yourself a whole lotta unnecessary sweating later on. Do it now, then kick back and think of all the good stuff. Let the anticipation of excitment build, rather than the pressure of getting a job finished in impossible time.

People have asked me how come I am good at organising stuff; the answer as always been that although I don't necessarily like doing it and am habitually lazy, the pain of NOT doing it is often far far worse. It's all about the effort to reward ratio

[ 10 September 2002, 15:34: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i finally haev gievn in too having one box shipped, my dresses, padock boots, some pants and sweatshirts, and my duvet.

now: the goal is to repack my bags (now that my wicks are finally smelling liek something otehr than fuel) so my wardrobe is willing to join the mess....... going to try the rolling thing more religiously!

and flash, i agree with the whoel procrastination thing, unfortuently i suck arse at actually getting up and doing stuff even when i know i should :/

but i'm gonna go work on it now!

peace & love, kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*mental note*

sucking teh air out of bags with hair-spray covered wicks in them (which still haev fuel residue anyhow makes you cough. and dizzy

yeah, i'm smart

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
the secret is....put your socks inside you shoes....or get a bigger bag...or both...

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
is this like sticking 'objects' in random orifices

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Safe travels Kyrian... I have some friends who spin in Santa Cruz and some who are just pretty darn cool, so let me know if you want some numbers or introductions!! Are you going to go to UCSC?? YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT!!!!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
dulce! #'s and emails (if they have) plz.... purty plz.... pm me

gracias, kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Safe trip, Kyri. See you on the other side and in happier pastures!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
awww thanks guyz

just 3hrs, 25 minutes left

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
50 minutes.

50 minutes!!!!!! dude, it hasn;t hit me yet.

everything is packed except the clothes i'm wearing (new outfit is set out).

but i need to clean a little bit *eep*

yayness tho

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
wewt!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I sense that someone is a little excitable...

Have a wonderful & safe journey, grrrl

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
hey sweety

i hope you managed to sort all the packing out. as rozi said, have a safe jorney and enjoy your time there

*huuuge hugs*

have fun
lolli x xx

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As for packing, just remember:

"If it does not fit, You must aquit."

Er... I mean "you can always buy it in California."

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]