Forums > Social Discussion > Tips for dealing with personal aggression?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
nearly_all_gone
nearly_all_gone

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1626
Posted:I'm not an outwardly aggressive person, yet I do have quite a bad temper at times. I often feel angry or annoyed by very small, very insignificant things which seem like a big deal at the time.

I obviously don't like this at all and I wonder if any of you guys have tips for venting your anger, frustration or aggression in a non-harmful way? Or perhaps another way of dealing with things.

I think at my heart I'm quite a bad-tempered person so I know the aggression will keep coming - I'd rather be able to.. I don't know, do something to it than let it just sit inside of me until it either comes out (never good) or gets pushed down.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Delete Topic

onewheeldave
Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3252
Posted:Written by: Stone

My 2 cents:

It is natural to get angry. Anger is a survival trait, as in fight or flight.

However, it is what we do with the anger that makes the difference.

Cheers smile

Absolutely: in a survival situation anger (and fear) can, by causing such things as adreneal 'dump', save our lives.

However, I think most of the anger referred to in this thread is not in survival situations, as such, it is 'inapproriate' in that the effects of the anger are far more negative than positive.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete

Sakura_Moon
Sakura_Moon

Hop's Kitten Jester.
Total posts: 1803
Posted:Wraps work best rather than gloves

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Delete

Stone
Stream Entrant
Total posts: 2830
Posted:I hear what you are saying Dave. The point I was suggesting is the trait has carried over into the modern world, and its important to know how to deal with it when it surfaces.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

funky_hats
funky_hats

eating apples with chopsticks can be rather difficult
Total posts: 167
Posted:screaming actually works really well for me.... REALLY loud... smile oh yeah and blasting my ears off with either marilyn manson or some hardcore.. i know i have wierd music tastes!! lol

Delete

Parafinfairy
Parafinfairy

old hand
Total posts: 845
Posted:Written by: DoktorSkell

Yet for some reason i listen exclusively to Death Metal music.
it seems to calm me and cheer me up

The mind is a strange thing my friends

ubblol I really only get angry/really fustrated when I'm driving - there are a lot of bad drivers in Guildford so I find what helps the most is putting Slipknot on really loud - for some reason it calms me down completely!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Oh cor.

I get this sometimes.. its one of the most annoying things.. vicious coicle (as they say in NY).

I get anrgy or worked up for no reason about something, then get even more worked up cos im getting worked up.

I usually go and have a spliff whcih sorts me out.

smile

No i dont.
I didnt say that. wink

Delete

nearly_all_gone
nearly_all_gone

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1626
Posted:See, this is why I shouldn't have given up the weed.

Although I'm glad I did smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:Written by: Sakura_moon

Wraps work best rather than gloves

agreed esp if you think the gloves they supply with the rather expencive bag would do frown found out the hard way, now when i do it it looks like i am ready to go into the ring...lol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:Written by: Unattractive Cranky Old Freud

Oh cor.

I get this sometimes.. its one of the most annoying things.. vicious coicle (as they say in NY).

I get anrgy or worked up for no reason about something, then get even more worked up cos im getting worked up.

I usually go and have a spliff whcih sorts me out.

smile

No i dont.
I didnt say that. wink

ok and because you didn't say that i can't agree with the said no said statement but if it was said then i might be able to agree

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:I get real angry sometimes. I dunno wether its the puberty, or if tis just me, but I can get really, really pissed off over nothing. I used to punch walls and stuff. Now I just close my eyes, and breath. Hypnotheray also helps. It really relaxes you. Try it out.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Posted:i do find if i listen to bumble bee tuna by Mephiskapheles i go all jumpy jumpy rather than grrrrrrr

Delete

Page: 12