Forums > Meet Others > Burleigh Heads QLD Australia

Login/Join to Participate

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
I dont know if there is a thread up for Burleigh Heads yet but there really should be. I went up there last Sunday night all by my lonesome and had the best time i have had in months and months and months.

OK, imagine this. You are on a large grassy flat on the beach, the sun is going down and the sky is a redy orangy colour. There are 30 people playing bongos in a large circle and inside that circle people are going nuts dancing. Over to your left is another circle but this circle is lined with candles, inside this circle are some of the best firespinners in the country. Then add 150-200 people all sitting, standing around having the greatest time ever. Add some of the hottest girls (ohh yeh there are some pretty nice guys in there for the ladies) into the equasion and thats wat happens every sunday night at burleigh heads.

Im definatly going to be there every sunday night. Im the tallish dude wif long blonde curly hair. Cant wait to get down there this sunday night.

MWA Luv ya all.

Peace.

Jai

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
shall definately be visiting to this meet at some point this year smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
you better ben. ive heard alot about your contact work. better not disapoint. he he he.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
its all lies horrible horrible lies

smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
There are actually a few threads about burleigh, they don't give glowing reviews of the place.

I really hope it's changed since I went there a few times, it was possibly the most dangerous spinning meet I've ever been to - someone running through the crowds of people with the still dripping wicks on his staff lit, and drunk people throwing firecrackers at the feet of people spinning in the circle.

Not a fun place overall. As I said, I really hope it's changed. Sounds like it might have done though smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...it has got a lot better.. the last time I went there it was a much gentler vibe..

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
DAMN IT.

I am so sick of damn burleigh and Im about to explode.

The place is incredibly dangerous, the drummers have outsed the fire spinners.

The ONLY reason there is a candle circle is because arsn and I set one up whenever we go there, because otherwise the public and the spinners are all mixed together and the inexperienced spinners ending up burning the public and people like me who try to offer first aid get BLAMED for the inexperienced spinners.

then there are the kids there who are firebreathing!! angry censored mad2

The ego spinners who jump into the circle and spin UBER fast and then drop their staff into the crowd are the ones that give us a bad name. They have no control and to them they dont care about ANYONRES safety, not even their own, as long as they look good.

Now it has taken me two years of trying to fix this dangerous gathering to get this frusterated, but I urge EVERYONE who goes to think of firesafety first and foremost otherwise someone is going to get SERIOUSLY hurt at this place frown

this is NOT aimed at ANYONE PERSONALLY, im just not keen about this gathering.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
yeh, ive heard alot about all that. got some friends who wont come up with me because of previous experiences.

i do understand your anger valura. i to was getting very angry at some of the people who were there. but i think more sensable people are attending now. i love the place and leave on the biggest high i have been on in so long, and its not because i am taking drugs. lol.

It is my opinion that this place is amazing. i think the vibe of the drummers is great and the people that attend are also amazing. if your in the area, drop by and take a look. cant hurt if you stand back and watch for a while. make up your own mind whether its dangerous or not.

love yall.

jai

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
well ill definately popping in to have a play maybe with fire if the vibes nice and drunk free, im hoping we will make it to the april moonfest maybe we will make it to the sunday before and after at burleigh smile

jai maybe i could post my sticks to you as i dont wanna have to leave em at the airport smile

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
yeh ben if you want to do that no probs. i really wanna get up to the moon fest but i live in NSW (boarder of NSW and QLD). if i can get up there i will but if not i will have to wait till i get my P's in July. thats ages away.

Ben if ya wanna send your sticks up just PM me and ill give you my address. No probs mate, we are all like a big family. :-)

Luv Y'all.

Peace

Jai

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by:

but i think more sensable people are attending now.

I wish this was true

You met Arsn two weeks ago Jai when we were there... the same night a 15 year old was firebreathing there.

I have been to the place long enough to know the vibe (almost three years EVERY weekend) and unfortunalty it has not changed. We only go very rarely, and usually when we have hoppers staying.... the majority of them (bovril, bam bam, gidg and blue cat) have freaked out at the lack of safety.

Im not going to let this place get a good reputation after I what I have seen there... try moonfest instead... its ten millions time better for the vibe and the safety smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
i wish i could go to moon fest. its to far for me to go. well until i get my licence in 4 months anyway.

yer i do agree that it is very dangerous at burliegh after seeing some people down there.

i just met a few people that make it what it is.

i met arsn a few weeks ago? how cool.

Peace

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
sorry valura, you are the queen! and i am nothing more than your humble servant.

lol.

again you prove me wrong. i think im going to have to listen to you from now on.