FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Welllllll i am fighting off a bit of an ickle bug right now, in the way of a not so pleasant sinus infection. I have no idea why i am at work, except thats what i always do on Monday mornings.... all i really want to do is
Non-Https Image Link

My boss is being really nice to me, even so far as to offer me some lemon ginger tea... i dont understand. This is probably the first time i've been this sick for three or four years now.. I had a really trippy night on sat, lots of hallucenations, because of the fever i was running...

any hints for a poor sick girly at work, to keep me awake/amuzed??

Currently on the right side up of the world.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
my suggestion-go home. your body needs rest.

although I dont like to waste sick days being sick either. but that is what they're there for.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
well that would work, except im a contractor, and i dont get paid sick days..... `
so i cant afford to get sick!

fanks tho! `

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry, Flynt.

Hot tea and eucalyptus oil vibes to you!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey Flynt. poor bubbie *hands you chicken soup or vegetarian alternative*

I got hit with the flu really bad a month or so ago - first time in years. I was really sick with fever and stuff too. The first doctor I went to (just to get a doc certificate for work) told me I had acute sinusitis and prescribed some antibiotics, which I hate taking...

Couple of days later I nearly passed out at work and was sent home/to a doctor. He told me I didn't have an infection and to stop taking antibiotics straight away!!

Why am I telling you this!? geez I carry on with irrelevent info sometimes.

Ahh - I remember my point now: poverty sucks and not getting paid for sick days can certainly be a pain. However, when I got sick, my whole office had either had it, or got it after me. Those that didn't rest early in the sickness were much worse off than those of us who did. SO, take it easy! a day off now, or 2 days off later in the week?

Also, whenever I get sick, I drink a litre of OJ everyday, dose myself with multi vitamins and echinacea and eat really healthy soups and stuff.

hope you feel better soon. Kleenex Aloe Vera tissues are the bestest!! O yeah - and when I have a shower I drop a bit of either eucalyptus or tee tree oil in the bottom of the shower to help me feel a bit more clear.

[ 09 September 2002, 15:45: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
ummm. . . best of what I've known echinecia (sp?) really doesn't help you to get better, only helps in preventing sickness in the future. maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure mikeginny will tell us.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
awwwwww fanks peeps! `
i am practically sucking the teatree out of my kleenex tree tea tissues (hehe) right now, yum. hehee not really but close enough.

Is it possible to get smokers cough by passive smoking? lol, not used to being around ppl that smoke all the time....

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
probably. second hand smoke is supposed to be worse then firsthand. -take a long deep drag off of a camel- sure glad I chose the right end

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm no ta
i dunt like ickle smoking `

if its not one thing, its an otter......

*shrug*

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Otter?

Did I hear you say Otter? What's he done now, honestly, I let him out for one minute and he goes tearing up the neighborhood!!!

Did anyone see which way he went? Got to catch the little bugger before he does any more damage.............

whats up with all the limitations?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
He went that way, towards the "meet otters" section. He was hoping for some marsupial lovin'

Hey Flynt

Drink lots & lots of water. Try some fresh ginger tea with honey (get a knob of fresh ginger, grate it into a mug, add some honey, and some hot water, yum). Get someone sweet to stroke your hair, and curl up on the couch with your doona watching TV when you get in tonight.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm ill too. As I'm a teacher I've got what us teachers call "Fall"... which is flu like simptoms from Sept thru December.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]