Forums > Social Chat > How do you go to sleep?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
What helps you sleep? Not just herbal things, or stuff like that.. but what do you do to go to sleep? What do you think of to drift off, do you have a set routine that means you're out for the count instantly?

I guess I just want to know how people turn their brains off at night to sleep.

Thoughts please! smile

*ps I've searched and haven't found anything other than NYC getting a dry throat at night, poor bloke*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Hmm.. the counting to 500 thing's good! It's working pretty well so far smile I think the highest I've got is about 300..

The only thing is that without something to divert my entire attention (ie DVD) I start to worry about all the stupid little niggling things which worry you when you're lying in bed.. did I leave the gas on... do my shoes still like me... is one side of my face more mainstream than the other...

So yeah, it's a good technique! I like keeping it out of sync with breathing for 0-100, then in sync for 100-200. Seems to be really calming.

Although I've not tried snuggling with sexy guys yet, can't seem to lure them into my lair wink Must be the pictures of my girlfriend putting them off smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I play recorded thunderstorms when I go to bed. Its a sound from most of my life of living up in Darwin, with the monsoon season and is utterly comforting when I am tired or heartbroken or just restless...

smile

Currently on the right side up of the world.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Provided it's the evening, i just lie down in the dark and generally fall asleep. If no one wakes me, i sleep 9 hours.

Written by:

Sometimes I... never mind.

that works too wink

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

Written by:

Sometimes I... never mind.

that works too wink

I'm confused because I'm only a pure, naive little simpleton and that could be many things, although I think the unforthcomingness of the people who've posted it make it a bit clearer biggrin

Thoreau

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I'm one of those people that falls asleep within 2 minutes of my head hitting a pillow as well.

On the rare occassion that this doesn't happen, I usually read or turn on some lethargic music. The "dances with wolves" soundtrack usually does the trick.

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: spritie

The "dances with wolves" soundtrack usually does the trick.

Has that got Clannad on it/Was it done entirely by Clannad/I'm just wrong (delete as appropriate)

smile

Thoreau

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I'll check for you in a few hours, nearly all gone. I'm at work now and the cd is at home.

Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about it, sorry I just had a vague recollection it was for some (probably wrong) reason smile

Thoreau

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
The girlfriend used to help me off to sleep, but due to no longer having one that option is unfortanely not available at the moment . . . I find a good chilled out CD always works (massive attack, zero 7 etc are all good) when can't get to sleep . . . A few beers is another good option . . .

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
well, being a college student in computer science at CMU, I do komework until i pass out at my desk, or in a cluster... if im in a cluster, someone usually wakes me in the morning

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
Well the cat be making a permanent substitute now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i lay down in bed with my mp3 playing some excellent choons and think of all the brilliant things that are gonna be happening to me in the next few months, and i fall asleep with a biiiiiig smile on my face.

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
i haven't s;ept in a while now; started working nites 2 months ago, and am starting to get sh!t ready for school, where you gotta set the alarm for 5:30 so you can get up, have a shower, and get dressed to leave @6:45 in the am, and when you normally work till 3 am and don't go to bed till 6 in the mornin', this poses a wee bit o' a problem! last nite i only got 2 hours....zzzzzzzzz...

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
Sleeping is a mission, reading a book normally helps me. Fantasy novals are good, they leave me with good dreams

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Page: