dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Has anyone heard about the collective shift?

Apparently several prophecies mainly believed by Mayan calendar followers are apparently about to come true and looking at the general state of the world I am in the opinion that they might be right. I wont add too much detail as that would take too much time.

Just adding a bit of background (read some books while your at it) all major religions/ belief systems have references to a time period which I can describe as 'the end.' Ancient religions are also included in this equation...
All of these 'religions' talk about a time where conflict will gradually increase, economies (trade) will start to fall, the weather will be a bit obscure, and finally everything will get a bit more tense.

With all the shit that has gone down slightly pre Sept. 11th and post Sept. 11 I am really beginning to wonder weather this is it.
Everyone I know everywhere I know has been experiencing some rather unatural weather for whatever part of the world they are in for the last three or so years.
Bush is on a crusade to 'end all evil.'
Everyone seems more paranoid. Did you know the cops outside the american embassy in London have fucking machine guns?
and if this wasnt enough the economy of south america continues to decrease generally as more people go to the streets stealing off those who already have little. Not to mention all those other economies I dont keep track of...

So is our time comming to a closing end on this stage of our young planet's life?

or

Are we just continuing the cycle of things, the weather should be normal in 20 odd years or something?

Wadda you think?

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

bountymember
33 posts

Posted:
I belive it to be a cycle It hard to beleive (4me) that there si a tiem and point called 'the end' there is a reason to life and why we have the urge to defend life *even at the cost a anothers* Besides what happened to the y2k bug? Or when the planets were comign into a alighnment people whought it was the end of the world and we would have total chaos and ultimly destroy ourselves. And the weather includng the ozone layer has been thought to naturla deteraite and then restore itself and earths temp. would no longer increase but woudl resume its temp. b4 global warming. It really har dfor jme to belive earty is just going to die just like that....
but thats my opinoin...
bounty

follow what you feel...you alone will decide what's real...anyone can be your brand new love

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I didnt give enough detail then I guess...

The Mayan calender has no exact starting date but its end is definitive and estimated to be in Dec 2012...
Now there are various scientific studies associated to what I'm talking about but none are proven in practice most are proved in theory. It all has to do with the shifting of the axis of the earth which is also known as (correct me if I am wrong) a planetary shift.
Now for some reason (really complicated physics) this is going to be the first time something like this has happened in a very very long while and it is apparently going to cause sever desruption of the earths weather fitting to include several more natural disasters which in turn will cause sever devastation for us humans but for all life on the planet.

I know its hard to picture this but give it a try.
I meant it when I said go read a book or two...

Just speculation but not quite blind...

Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I assume you are referring to the shifting of the magnetic poles. currently we are experiencing the shift in poles, at a fairly gradual rate. so no worries aboot a rapid onslaught of bad weather.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
well.. i don't really know much about it, but here's an interesting article i found which puts a positive spin on the whole thing: Spiritual Prophecy & Transformation
also, keep in mind that 'the end' of one thing often corresponds to the beginning of another.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
For your Ref....

www.2013.com
www.tortuga.com

ad do a google on Mayan calendar to see what you will find...

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
All i can say is..

I Hope so. The world is in a terrible state, even if we all get planted back to pre-industrial society at least wed all be on the same level.

there are other idications, the rise of global decadence, the seperation of the ruling class from everyone else, an economic system that perpetrates the production of capitol merely from the ownership of capital. its obvious theres an inballance here, and if theres one thing nature likes, its ballance.

N'way, best get the waiders out (or a surfboard).

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If there's one thing that has always allowed false prophesy it is the ego of men who assume that they are important enough to be mentioned in it.

This isn't the worst the world has ever been.
This isn't the most violent or war torn the world has been.
This isn't the worst the global economy has ever been.
This isn't the closest to nuclear/biological/chemical destruction that the world has ever been.

Turn off the TV and open a history book.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
state of the world is bad yes, but i don't think it justifies "this is the end" NYC has something of a point there.

but as to the mayan calender ending, i have no idea. as much as i usually dismiss that and all else liek as probable misinterpretation or plain b.s., i haev a harder time shaking that one.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
A lot of religeons/cultures had a finite calendar. We've actually passed the "end of the world" according to a number of them. A lot of those cultures believed in any number of things that we now know are silly. Ra fighting with Set and dying at dusk, and being rebord at dawn. The Mayans had equally unrealistic stories, which in a large sense set the calendar you speak of.

If anything, I think we're much farther from an immediate global catastrophy than during October 1962, and a number of times in the 80s. It's all relative to your experiences. People who were in Auschwitz in 44 or Hiroshima in 45 would probably wonder what you were complaining about =) I mean a couple of thousand people died, a bunch of bombs were dropped and a war started and sorta died down. That's not all that unique a series of events for this century. I imagine there was a lot more paranoia in say the 50s, Red Scare and all that.

The real point is that instead of dwelling on how horrible things are and how everything is ending, a more constructive thing to do is to try to change them. The end of the world is not nigh.

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Everyone says "is this the end" every time something bad happens, or some reference in a book refers directly or indirectly to something happening now.

It's been happening for the last 2000 years.

If the world blows up 2moro, I know I'll die quite happy that I know some of you guys as tru friends, that my life hasn't been watsed and that if there's an afterlife, the party continues....if not then it wont matter to me...

Justa thought or2.....which is an achievement for me coz it's Monday.

Stay Peachy peeps
Hugz
Cam

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
what intrests me is when we're going to have the fall of the american empire (forgive me for turning this way off-topic). some people think it will be gone as early as 2050. I'm not very convinced that we will see the end in any of our lifetimes, but the fact remains it's on something of a downhill slide, and no doubt will fall from the inside at some point..... thoughts?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
NYC is right - we happen to be living in what is probably the most peaceful era mankind has seen since we learned to use fire.

As for the fall of the American empire, I see it as more of a gradual melting into a world community until such a point is reached that the individual soverienty of particular counties (even a behemouth like the USA) is no longer something you can clearly point to as something seperate from the whole.

I think the change is going to be one of philosophy. Now that is something that may happen within our lifetimes and probably will have to start in earnest with the USA, even though we seem to be the farthest from it now. But by the very fact that we are the largest user of consumable resources that are going to run out before very long, it is pretty much going to have be us that pioneer a new age. Either that or said empire collapses as Kyrian says.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!