Forums > Social Chat > Rant about stupid people

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so this morning .... ok early afternoon point is i was asleep i got a call from my supervisor at uni saying that one of the post grad students had enter the room im running an experiment in, now the experiment is sensitive to light. now heres the frustrating bit there was a big censored off sign on the door saying experiment in progress do not open the door. maybe its just me but i kind of expect that the average university student not to mention post grad student should be able to read!!!!!!!

sadly this is one of those experiments that requires days to run and any changes in camera orientation or external light require the whole thing to be run again, i had put a sheild in place so now i have to write another program to check the integrity of the data. not to mention uni has offically started back today so use of the projector for days on end now becomes very hard to achieve as lectures are using it not to mention the $10 000 camera being heavily booked.

hopefully the data will be ok otherwise im going to have to tear shreds out of that stupid student. why do stupid people have to be so stupid i mean really, im not asking for rocket science just some basic reading skills

*deep cleansing breath* meditate

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
oh dear...

hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Smite the fool on the nose hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I had something similar while I was doing my research project in my final year at Uni, people kept opening the door to the growth room that my plants were in - the graphs that the plotter was churning out would spike every time it opened, making it rather difficult to draw any reasonable conclusions.
Doesn't sound as much of a hassle as yours though.

I reckon you should demand that the post grad student offer his hair to be torn out in frustration, rather than making you suffer premature hair loss that's his fault smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug hug2 hug

ahh that's awful. Hope it works out ok!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Good luck... I know how you feel, from what I've experienced since starting my PhD it's quite hard to believe how some people got a bachelor's (or even A levels...) in the first place. I think ignorance and inability to read important notes is among the qualification requirements for some positions! If your supervisor saw the student walk in, maybe you can make THEM repeat the setup with you watching and giving orders, and make them go through all the trouble of booking the camera, too!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Next time (if there is a next time) seal up the door with 'police do not enter' tape and spill puddle of red ink under the door. ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
i'm going to stick with the same conclusion i'm always with:

bomb them......

bomb them all.

that's it.

much love.
~Z

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

Satsamember
45 posts

Posted:
spankOooh, that'd make me mad too,
hope it all goes well this time...

visit a large traffic island with trees & shrubs on in order to find peace among the chaos, if in doubt consult "The Good Traffic Island Guide" bounce

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
smite! Yes smite! Great idea Skully!

They should be hung drawn and quartered. Any science experiment that gets contaminated is always a bugger to reproduce, but look on the bright side, Pasteur would never had discovered penicillin without an almighty cock up!

Still, just hurt em. Bad. and since youre in Uni, wait until he's drunk, batter him with heavy things and drop him at the bottom of some stairs. Then he'll think he's done it himself.
Everyday Psychology at work!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Do you know who it was?

Was it the same guy that couldn't do fishtails from your other story?

Meh

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ubblol no cantus is wasnt yes i know who it was, im going into uni at 11pm tonight to see if my results are good or not *fingers crossed* if not ill be programming the giant robotic arm to crush him like a bug thats all squished like

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
All squished like? Tis the worst way to be...

Meh

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
People as a group are stupid, people alone are smart.
Usually.
This is an exception. Rarr rarr rarr, rage rage rage, baseball bat baseball bat baseball bat.
Dont get mad get even...but i spose you can get mad this time too

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
so did it work ok????.....are you locked up for justfiable bodily harm....do I need to make up only one bed now???

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hehe well to continue adding to my frustration for some reason the novel netware server decided to send my computer a message part way through so the last 6 hours of the experiment have the stupid message in the middle of the data so im redoing the last 6 hours worth, i swear im just not supposed to be doing this experiment. ive got just one more hour to wait till its finished, i suspect vampire monkeys will appear in the lab at that point.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
HAHAHA vampire monkeys!

Being a firestaffer, u couldnt get any better nightmare! ubblol biggrin

Luck

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

vampire monkeys will appear in the lab at that point.

least they wont mess with the light even if they have big gnashy teeth

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Well we are all waiting to hear the news. My fingers are crossed that everything is going to work out.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im pleased to say that buffy came and slew (kinda like slaying but different) all the vampire monkeys and i now have a complete message free set of data, biggrin now i just have to wait for the 4.8 gigs of data to copy across to my laptop and i can go home biggrin somethings most definately wrong with this picture ive been at uni for 12 hours today ...... my brain hurts but im happy