MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
smileHi folks! smile

Here’s the details of the next Beginners Poi Spinning courses . weavesmiley Updates are also available at www.poispinning.com. Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment!

The next Beginners Poi Courses will start on Monday 11th April and Tuesday 12th April and will run for six weeks. The Monday course will be every Monday in Camden Town from 7:30 - 9:30pm and the Tuesday course will be every Tuesday in Elephant and Castle from 7:30 - 9:30pm. Exact venue details are provided once you have booked on the course. Price: £70(concs available). Here's whats on the course...

The Beginners course will teach you about thirty basic moves cool and how to put them all together so that you can flow from one to the other. Starting at the very beginning with how to hold your poi, we swiftly go on to moves such as reels, tuck turns, the weave, the backwards weave, the windmill, the butterfly and the fountain. biggrin (If you can do all of these moves already contact me regarding the Intermediate course). We will also explore basic concepts such as turns, follow time, linking moves together, and opposite directions, allowing you to begin to invent and explore your own moves and style. The course culminates in a show, so we will also work on choreography and presentation. Expect to work hard but have a good laugh ubblol with the others!

Your teachers will be me (Michal Kahn) and Monique Aislabe.

Monique is an established performer, performing solo as the Ginger Ninja cool and as part of the international fire troupe Surface Tension. She has been teaching poi for several years, and until recently ran her own courses in Camden Town. She has been extremely popular with students on the Apex poi courses, and is known for her warm, patient and intuitive style of teaching.

I have been teaching poi for several years both to members of the public and to students at The Circus Space and Circomedia. I also run choreography courses for professional circus performers, and organise circus showcase cabarets. I have worked as a performer for several years performing at festivals, film premiers and corporate events, both solo and as part of Apex and Surface Tension. I have also written a instruction book on poi spinning which is available in the shops now. biggrin

To reserve a place or if you have any queries contact me at courses@poispinning.com or 07905 949 441 .

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Michal Kahn

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
places are starting to fill...

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
About six places left on each course now...

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
5 places left on mondays, 3 on tuesdays...

michal@juggler.net

MichalBRONZE Member
489 posts

Posted:
All fully booked now Im afraid, but will run again in June! watch this space or send me an email...

michal@juggler.net