Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Does neone know of a site where I can order permanent white hair dye. I am gonna dye my hair white for dreads and it is really hard to find permanent white hair dye. I don't wanna spend a shit load of money on getting it done by a stylist so if neone can I help I would appreciate it

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
white hair is hair devoid of colour so just find something to take the color out of the hair, no?

I dont quite know if it would be appropriate to use it but I know if you let standard highlight color develop past the blonde stage; you should be left with white...

I guess...

Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
What colour is your hair originally? Cos bleaching products might do interesting things...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Trinity459member
7 posts

Posted:
i think that stargazer dye is sold in white or maybe it's just silver but as to where to get it I can't help sorry.

talabanymember
14 posts

Posted:
no need to die your hair just to get dreads man..

------sadrra

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ummmmm the best sort of permanent bleach that would strip your hair to white, would be a german one. They make the BEST hair bleach. Whatever you do, dont use a household bleach as you will end up with green/yellow hair....

try asking at a hair product wholesalers, or warehouse for that sort of bleach?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Bleach it, though bleaching will damage your hair, since it takes alot out of it, especially if you're going all the way to white. Might need alot of bleach for that. Plus it can burn a bit too. I bleached my hair two months ago, though not to white, stopped at this copperish tone which looked interesting with my skin tone. Now it's a deep red wine color, the copper was just too bright to fly at work.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i've seen blonds blech their hair to white. tis cool. any otehr colour, can't help ya.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
White hair, eh?? I always fantasised about having hair the same colour as the little girl on Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box video-clip..

Anyway, careful with the bleach! My boyf uses peroxide on his hair from time to time and once left it on too long so that it actually melted his hair and badly damaged his scalp.

Have you considered the re-growth factor of your dreads? Or is that the aim?

Another option for you, and a commonly used one at that, is dye your hair as light as you can get it, then weave in white synthetic hair while you're making your dreads.

Anyway - Best Of Luck!! and show us a pic when you're done

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
You should be able to just use bleach, just be careful. I used to be platinum blonde and it majorly killed my hair after a while and it can burn your scalp if your not careful.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Bleach, bleach, bleach. Go to any beauty supply store and buy a couple of bleach packets and some 30 or 40 volume developer; it shouldn't cost more than $10. Mix the developer into the powder untill you get a frothy mixture (too much developer will make it soupy it won't work very well, too much powder and it becomes doughy and hard to put in your hair).
Bleaching won't hurt your hair, as Jello warned, unless you bleach it a lot, and very often. I bleach my hair about every two weeks when I change the color (it's purple at the moment) and my hair is totally fine. But I have had friends that tried changing their hair color every few days and their hair began falling out in clumps, but that was also after months of abuse. Hope it helps.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
I was doing my hairstylist apprenticeship so I think I can help you. The best thing to do is what Sickpuppy suggested and go buy powder bleach and 40 volume developer from a bueaty supply store and you are also going to need some kind of toner to get the yellow or orange out but you are going to need a hairstylist certificate or apprentice certificate to show them cause they will ask. Do you know any hairstylist that can get it for you or better yet do it for cheap?
I wouldn't recommend using the drug store hair bleach unless you hair is naturally light because if you have course, dark hair you'll just end up with a yellow, copper tone. Sometimes hair can be really stubborn no matter what color you are naturally and never get to a light color you what.
I have never seen a permenent white dye just semi permenent and even if you find a white dye you'll have to pre-lighten with bleach. If you want little tips and tricks on how to get lighter results with hair bleach give me an email.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ya right now my hair is black witha bluish shine to it. I am a natural dirty blonde. And I saw the White toner for sale at Goodgoth.com

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
so did ya do this? are ya really gonna?

i do bet white hair's kinda hard to get, even with toner on top of developer.

and are ya doin only scalp hair, or anywhere else?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
no, mike I haven't done it yet. And I will only do scalp hair

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I used to dye mine bright pink everywhere, I reccomend it (if only for the bubbling sensation you get). Co-ordination is high on my list of priorities

[ 18 October 2002, 07:34: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

hairsmythemember
20 posts

Posted:
Finally a topic I get to be an expert on!
The scalp and the hair 1/2 away from the scalp are referred to as the heat zone. In this area your body heat speeds up the bleach processing time. I would not however advocate mixing bleach with a developer higher than 20 volume for an on the scalp application. Anything above that will most certainly leave your scalp with a chemical burn to some degree.
If you were trying to bleach out your whole head I would use two mixtures one for the heat zone (applied last because it will lift the fastest) and one with 40 volume developer (applied to the ends first) the ends of your hair should be at least yellow before applying the bleach and 20 volume mixture to the scalp. This is the only way to get the hair color to lift evenly.
Bleach removes the pigment of the hair by eating away at it layer by layer making the hair shaft thinner in the process. So each new color you see (ex. orange, copper, gold, yellow, pale yellow etc...) is the underlying pigment for that particular level of hair color.
White/platinum is the absence of pigment, the final stage before your hair gets a chemical haircut and falls out. Removing old hair color especially black is trying even for a professional. It may take more than one application to remove the pigment (fresh bleach is more active than bleach that has dried out). Immediately after applying the bleach put on a shower cap this will keep the bleach wetter (thus more active) for longer. When you don't see anymore color change remove and reapply (as long as your scalp can stand it).
I would recommend using a professional brand of bleach such as Aveda or Goldwell although it may be impossible for you to get unless you know someone. If you can’t get one of those two just get whatever they have at the beauty supply store your allowed to shop at (ex. Wella or Clairol). You already have the toner right? If this sounds like too much trouble my suggestion would be to buy some colored hairspray (since it is Halloween and it will be easy to find colored hairspray) this would be a simple way to get white hair and you could just redo it every time you take a shower.
I have been a hairsmythe for 10 years and would be more than happy to share advice or answer questions. Let me know if you need anything else or I forgot to cover something.

Love ,
Laura (aka hairsmythe)

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
okie

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
aw, c'mon, it doesn't burn for so many days when i do my pubes. my friend did his blue, but stopped much lighter than his head, tru

dang, i forgot my eyebrow tips last week! (all tru)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Nice picture there, Vaper

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yo vape

good 2CU!

does she go furda in da next installment?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Suprised that nobody mentioned:
If you need to do more than one round of bleach/toning to get your color, in between rounds,
CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION!!

Sickpuppy has no problems with re-bleaching his hair, but all that means is that he has sturdy hair. I, too, can smack my hair around (dye, strip, re-dye) with little ill-affect, but my best friend went through about 7 colors in less than a year, and of all of it, the white was what wracked her hair. She was shedding like a cat because the hairs were just breaking a few inches from the ends, it was like having a white Persian around.
If you are looking to dread it once it's white, you may need, as suggested above, to thread in some white synth-hair to beef up your dreads and make them look (and hold up) nice. Sounds hot, though! There's a spinner here in Denver, stage name of Blue, who has white dreads and it looks fantastic. (Though i s'pose her being gorgeous may help... *snork* )

Anyway, good lick with your colorquest. Oops, i meant lUck, but good lick is good too.

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Right! finally something I know about!.
1. When Bleaching your hair back use the the hairdresses brand .
2. you will need to bleach it twice.
3. You should be able to get a off white as well
that's your finnisher
4.When Bleaching your hair you'll need it to itch
5.Use your hair dryer every 10 mins with your hair in a bleaching cap.
everybody else has said similar things so i hope
this was helpfull.
6. Use a wax and conditioner from the hair dresses
Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their heart!

[ 26 October 2002, 20:26: Message edited by: Ivan Newton ]

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Newton:
Right! finally something I know about!.
4.When Bleaching your hair you'll need it to itch
Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their heart!

too funny, Ivan!

so is the big guy gonna do it? do it? DO IT?

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I will.In awhile. First I am gettin a mohawk. then on New years, I shaving it bald like the tibeten monks. once it has grown out for dreads, then will I go white

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah that's what i reckon to come on dosn't matter it's just hair! .Do it do it do it

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their hearts!

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk