Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Cant believe it...my lovely boyfriend has just bought us 2 tickets to go travelling in costa rica! Amazing...
Just wondered if anyone else has been, and if they took their poi with them. Really cant wait to spin at sunset on a beautiful palm-fringed beach..
Photos to follow im sure..

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
wow! great!!!
I've only been as far as the neighbouring Guatemala, and I did have my poi and staff with me. paraffin/white spirit/kerosine (whatever you wanna call it) is really hard to find though. if you find some: stock up on it...
most people (and I actually mean: everybody) use just plain gasoline because of that.
there is an almost continuous stream of rainbow gatherings in costa rica, where you will find some spinners for sure.
nobody I ever met in those regions (I've been there 3 times) have ever even heard of HoP...

all I can say is have fun and be careful...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info. Ive heard from somebody else that fuel can be a problem over there. Actually i may just stick with the glo poi and be done with it. Dont fancy using gasoline much! Ive never heard of rainbow gatherings...sounds interesting, will keep my eyes open...

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
oh,
well a rainbow gathering is basically a hippy fest.
people coming together for a month, full moon till fool moon (some come earlier, some stay longer) where the basic concept is peace and love.
no alcohol, hard drugs, electronic music or dogs allowed, but every gathering seems to have it's exceptions. a lot of singing around campfires, and communal cooking. sharing of food, thoughts and love.
these gatherings happen world wide, the biggest ones seem to be this "One World" gathering in Costa Rica, the "national" one around the 4th of july in the USA, "the world gathering", this year in turkey, and for us europeans the european one in germany this year.
I'd say there must be some big ones in Oz or NZ too. but there are always smaller local ones popping up every where
the two links are to the Costa Rica Yahoo group, where they keep the most updated info on that meeting, and the international site of the rainbow non-organisation, where they will explain more about the whole rainbow concept and with loads of links to "local" rainbow communities.

costa rican gathering

rainbow gathering website

I have never been to a gathering yet, but for the past 3 years I've been planning on going to one myself.
germany seems doable and maybe even the world one in turkey...

let us all know later what your trip was like!!!!

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!